The great and terrible MT4 forever (or how to strategise a transition) - page 10

So changed already, they're all like that) they don't have limits, they have reservations. I.e. "that's the way it's designed")

fxsaber:

To increase Signal's profitability, you need to reduce the commission. Account rebates from Signal are not seen by potential clients.

Well, the obvious change in account currency to reduce commission is something out of the question...

secret:
I've changed it, they're all like that) they don't have limits, they have pauses. I.e. "that's the way it's designed")

So it's a bump in the road, the last time I saw a limit performance in my accounts was about 8 years ago at a worse price than advertised.

fxsaber:

Well, the obvious change of account currency to reduce commission is something out of the question...

how does it help if the commission is counted in dollars from the dollar volume?

fxsaber:

A shame about CopyTicks...

I am sure that almost no one here monitors the quality of execution of their orders. Such people get a good discreet haircut.

What can I say. If you look at the signals, you can clearly see that they do not even bother to reduce the commission for themselves. I.e. competence is very low when it comes to making profit.

Well, you know, I trade positional, and ticks-slippages do not play a special role in such trading. To bother with 10-20 cents in a $50-80 trade is unreasonable.

If I traded on ticks - then I'd have to grab every five-figure point...

Andrei Trukhanovich:

how does it help if the commission is counted in dollars from the dollar volume?

There are other methods of charging commission. Unfortunately, this nonsense is practiced by the most popular DC among scalpers.

Georgiy Merts:

Well, you know, my trading is position trading, and ticks-slippages don't play a big role in such trading.

yeah, very common misconception ) fxsaber was just talking about that

Andrei Trukhanovich:

Yeah, a very common misconception ) fxsaber is exactly what he said

I don't know, I don't know. I have Expert Advisors, which are simultaneously put on cent and on ECN-real. The difference is that on Centovik the spread is bigger, plus slippage is noticeable on big moves. However, the difference in the balance line on accounts does not exceed one percent, or even less frequently.

What is the "misconception"?

On the contrary, I started in 2014 with MT5 in the opener and was very happy with it after the Quicksilver.

And when transferring some other people's stuff from MQL4 to MQL5, MQL4 seemed strange.

Andrei Trukhanovich:

In my own accounts, the last time I saw a limit price worse than the stated price was about eight years ago.

I do, but less and less often. Most often it is either a bug in the software, then the report is corrected. Or sheer incompetence of those who bought the software. There are a lot of them among institutes. They are even willing to explain in detail why a negative limit slip is a real market.

Reason: