There are programmers who have written 1000 EAs each and haven't found a single grail yet. There is not a single grail for 1000 EAs? - page 5

khorosh:

You're like a burdock, clinging to everyone. Burdock is a weed, you're a weed here on the forum too. If I were the moderators, I'd pull you out by the roots and send you to the bathhouse for a month. Give you a break.

Oh, come on... Whatever, let him frolic... He's a local buffoon...

igrok333:
Some programmers have written about 1000 Expert Advisors, tested them,
and they haven't yet encountered a single gracious Expert Advisor.

They haven't gone into trading and continue working as freelancers.

Does it mean that there is not even 1 good, highly profitable EA per 1000 EAs?

more than 20,000 advisors and indicators have been written, there is a reasonable trading system, but miracles don't happen.

High profits always equal high risks. In any case.

And sometimes it happens that high risks increase the safety of trading under certain conditions.

Maxim Romanov:
It's like writing an autopilot for a car. You can write as many elementary autopilots as you like, but none of them will be able to drive a car properly. This task has a certain threshold of complexity, and nothing will work until you reach it.

I agree, it's not easy, there's too much to consider and it can still be something that's not accounted for, there's work to be done)

igrok333:
Some programmers have written 1000 EAs, tested them,
and they haven't met a single gracious EA yet.

They did not go into trading, and continue working as freelancers.

Does it mean that there is not even 1 good, highly profitable EA per 1000 EAs?
There isa grail! ;)

Georgiy Merts:

I doubt it. Autopilot operates under stationary conditions. But the market is fundamentally non-stationary.

Therefore, I argue that both a complex and a simple Expert Advisor will profit and lose with equal probability. If so, it is better to have a dozen simple ones than one ten times as complex.

My way so far - to have a few (a bit more complex than the most primitive ones), which, even though they may lose two futures in a row and lose more than half of GO, but over an interval of several years show a stable profitability. And when they are traded by a couple of dozens (diversification!), at any given moment someone may lose money, someone earns, but on the whole - work in the black.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

more than 20,000 advisors and indicatorshave been written, there is a reasonable trading system, but miracles don't happen.

High profits always equal high risks. In any case.

And sometimes it happens that high risks increase the safety of trading under certain conditions.

Seriously, 20,000 (twenty thousand)?

JRandomTrader:

My way so far is to have a few (a bit more complicated than the most primitive ones), which may lose two futures in a row and lose more than half of the CS, but show stable profitability over an interval of several years. And when they are traded by a couple dozen (diversification!), at any given moment, someone may lose money, someone earns, but in general - the work is positive.

My experience tells me that this is not possible.

I'm sure that:

• the vast majority of TCs, regardless of complexity, have periods of earning and periods of draining.
  • The periods of losing are always longer than the periods of earning.
And therefore in general the work of any set of TS will always give losses. And the key to constant profits is constant switching between systems.

And the interval of a few years is how? On weekly bars or on minute bars? Does it make no difference?

Georgiy Merts:

My experience tells me that this is not possible.

I am sure that:

• The vast majority of TCs, regardless of complexity, have periods of gains and periods of losses.
  • The periods of loss are always longer than the periods of gain.
And therefore in general the work of any set of TS will always give losses. And the key to constant profits is constant switching between systems.
You've said it 100 times before. Give me an example.

Vladimir Baskakov:
You've said it 100 times already. Give me an example.

Examples are a branch full of them.

The most striking one is the breakdown of the channel with fixed TP-SL on the pound dollar in 2018-2019, the TS was working fine. And then - bang... And that was it... Deflated and hasn't even been in the top 20 since.

Reason: