Robinhood trading without commissions - page 9

Aleksey Mavrin:

That would not have helped. It's all about shorts) The attack then worked when the funds gained so much that it was easy to create a deficit with relatively small volumes.

How would it not have helped? Stocks have been going up since the summer of 2020 and being sold when they go up - only newbies do that. And then no one can know where the deficit is and what has been created (except insiders). The reason for what is happening will be explained later. And we have to act now. At those levels (and to those marks) where the price went up from the technical point of view there was no reason to sell. You should either hold or be out of the market.

What they say, that the traders decided to support the sinking stock is nonsense. Something else is going on there. A stock can't be sinking when it's at its all-time high.

BillionerClub:

The most important features are there and start from them, no one will say on the air that the company is an ordinary kitchen. The client's profit is the kitchen's loss and the closing of a profitable trade in strong markets, these are the main features of the kitchen (dark pools) as they are newly called.

Don't be Mavrin - a kitchen is a kitchen and a dark pool is a dark pool.

Robingood is not a kitchen - all the clients' transactions were taken to the stock exchange. Everything else is conspiracy theories and coffee grounds

Giorgio5:

How wouldn't it help? Stocks have been going up since the summer of 2020 and being sold when they go up - only newcomers do that. And then no one can know where the deficit is and what has been created (except insiders). The reason for what is happening will be explained later. And we have to act now. At those levels (and to those marks) where the price went up from the technical point of view there was no reason to sell. You should either hold or be out of the market.

What they say, that the traders decided to support the sinking stock is nonsense. Something else is going on there. Stocks cannot be sinking when they are at their all-time high.

Read the thread itself on reddit or brief reviews from those involved. By the chronology I understood (most likely it was, we don't know for sure), when the stocks rose above 20-30 (plus-minus) they were not shorting, but were closing shorts, which added more momentum, i.e. short-squeeze.

And their maximums were 50-60 years ago, it is logical to short on rises to the upper border of the corridor of the last 2-3 years (10-15$) if company business is not important and there are no serious prospects.

The positives on which it rose are the change of management in summer 2020, the news that the new game consoles will remain, and partly the belief in the end of the pandemic probably.

Since 2019 there have been two poles of opinion in the investment community about the prospects of GME, in March 2020 the positivity naturally subsided, by autumn it appeared again, just at some point all the circumstances came together (but the main necessary reason, I think, is the oversupply of liquidity in the whole market) and some funds were unlucky, I am sure they will get their money back).

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

Don't be a Mavrin - a kitchen is a kitchen and a dark pool is a dark pool.

Robingood is not a kitchen - all the clients' trades went to the stock exchange. Everything else is conspiracy theories and coffee grounds.

No, nazarchuk, you're wrong, but no wonder. The withdrawal to the exchange is when you put a bid in the exchange glass, not in the one drawn by the "provider" or some other reseller.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Read the thread itself on reddit or brief reviews from those involved. By the chronology I understood (most likely it was, we don't know for sure) when the stocks rose above 20-30 (plus or minus) they were not shorting, but were closing shorts, which added to the momentum, i.e. short-squeeze.

And their maximums were 50-60 years ago, it is logical to short on rises to the upper border of the corridor of the last 2-3 years (10-15$) if company's business is not important and there are no serious prospects.

The positives on which it rose are the change of management in summer 2020, the news that the new game consoles will remain, and partly the belief in the end of the pandemic probably.

Since 2019 two poles of opinion have formed in the investment community about the prospects of GME, in March 2020 the positivity naturally subsided, by autumn it appeared again, just at some point all the circumstances came together (but the main necessary reason, I think - in the oversupply of liquidity in the whole market) and some funds were unlucky, I am sure they will get their money back).

It's nice to see you sticking to your opinion.
Reason: