The slippage parameter in the EA.

Good afternoon forum users, who would tell us the pros and cons concerning the necessity or not of the parameter "slippage" in an EA?

Zvezdochet:
I would like to ask my EAs for or against slippage parameter, if they should have it.

You don't need one.

These days, instant accounts can be found in small kitchens, and as you can imagine, no one in their right mind would put money in there.

What are Instant Execution Accounts and where do the big kitchens reside (this is a private matter)

Zvezdochet:
What are Instant Execution accounts and where do the big kitchens live?

Google "difference between Instant and Market Execution"

Instant - this is when a trade is only executed at a set price.

Market - a trade may be subject to slippage (e.g. when there is a large movement and the price has changed during the request).

Zvezdochet:
If you do not want slippage parameter in your EA, you may open a profitable position.

By limiting slippage you might not open a profitable position, thus depriving yourself of profit. Whether to limit slippage or not depends on the whole TS...

Let's take a look at the help. Extern variables
The extern memory class defines an external variable. The modifier extern is specified before the data type.
Like input variables, extern variables also define the input parameters of mql4-program, they are available from the Properties window.
As opposed to input variables, values of extern variables can be changed programmatically while the program is running.
External variables are always reinitialized immediately before call OnInit().

Conclusion: If you want to place some parameter in the EA properties window, you must use the modifier Extern or Input.
And vice versa: Any parameter can be removed from the properties window by deselecting the modifier. The decision is up to the user.

To be specific about slippage. If it is supposed to be changed, it is necessary. But why? and within what limits?

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Переменные / Extern переменные
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Переменные / Extern переменные
  • www.mql5.com
используется, чтобы объявить идентификаторы переменных как идентификаторы статического класса памяти с глобальным временем жизни. Такие переменные существуют с момента начала выполнения программы и для них память выделяется и инициализируется сразу после начала выполнения программы. Можно создавать программы, которые состоят из нескольких...

Instant and slippage zero

Renat Akhtyamov:

Instant and slippage zero

Somewhere on the Google it was said that if the order is executed with zeros, it's a gadget. If there is slippage, it's normal. But any kitchen can pass for "normal"?

It's like in retail. Buyers think "the more expensive the better". So I won't tell you as myself, but for you, sellers know that that's what customers think.

Zvezdochet:

It was said somewhere on the google that if an order is executed with zeros, it's a gadget. If it slips, it's normal. But any kitchen can pass for "normal"?

i had a conversation with a brokerage house.

they say that if a client wants zero slippage, they will do it.

Reason: