Self-learning the MQL5 language from scratch - page 62

SanAlex:

the error has disappeared, but the positions still do not want to open

---------------------------

All right! I was interested, but now I am not.

- I will study something clever.

Set the parameters to five digits... if you're a five digit. Set the values of M15 timeframe. That's a start. You can use any timeframe. Go ahead. The signal comes when the currency pairs index indicator crosses zero.

Hello Vladimir!

I think you are a little off course with correct self-study at the moment, when you undertook the so far unfeasible for you task of writing a trailing stop function. I'll explain the reasons of this opinion: I, as a programmer for many years, understand the complexity of trailing stop code, and judging by your current knowledge of elementary fundamentals it becomes clear that this code is too early to write. Of course, you can still try and enlist help from others, but it's more important to learn conditions, loops, functions that trailing code consists of.

At first, students solve the simplest problems, consistently consolidating the material and gradually moving on to more complex topics. Trailing on this scale is a very complex task. Even after reading all the articles on it, coding skills will not increase from this, and you need to constantly work with code, and this is what you have stopped doing, which is a big mistake. That's what I think...

SanAlex:

tried everything - you need to change something in the code with position opening.

error code ( 2020.10.18 10:51:01.182 2020.09.15 14:45:00 OrderCheck Code: 10030 )

-------------------------
Okay. I will have a look. There maybe need to change under your terminal under your broker this types of position opening FIL to FOK OR vice versa. On other brokers everything works fine on this robot and indicator.
I have changed them

I have already changed them several times to have everything open.

There is a problem with the forum when you post from your phone, you can't write a post in the reply window! THIS IS A PROBLEM OF THE DEVELOPERS AND IT PERSISTS.

SanAlex:

I change the period in the settings, but the charts still open 15 minutes long.

My METAQUOTES tests all the code works fine, and I wouldn't sell the crap that doesn't work. This is your local problem. Learn the math.

SanAlex:

Could you - could you demonstrate how it works on your side? - I just want to make sure I'm wrong.

I'm not near a computer. The robot trades according to the algorithm. I will post the report and input values in a week. As for the robot, it has already been tested on the market and the market does not know what to do with it. I will post everything for you.

SanAlex:

I'm sorry - I didn't mean to accuse you of anything - I just came across your website, saw that you have multi-currency, I've been interested in creating multi-currency for a long time.

- I have long been interested in building multi-currency Expert Advisors, but I have come to the conclusion that it is possible to build everything that multi-currency EAs can do with one Expert Advisor.

- And the fact that your EA doesn't work - that's a disadvantage for you.

There, multicurrency is the analysis of raw data from different currency pairs to calculate the multicurrency index of currency movements. It trades on the symbol that you want. Everything is explained in the settings. The trading robot was developed by me using my unique method of calculating the result index, which is the basis of trade decisions. It was put in the market according to the anti-theft principle, to exclude possible errors during its execution in the tester and in trading.
The fact that you are not able to work with the tester or put grid settings on the trades on the demo is your local problem and your inability to solve elementary questions about testing exposures.

Реter Konow:
Greetings Vladimir!

I think you are a little off course with correct self-study at the moment, when you undertook the so far unfeasible for you task of writing a trailing stop function. I'll explain the reasons of this opinion: I, as a person who has been programming for many years, understand the complexity level of trailing stop code, and judging by your current knowledge of elementary fundamentals it becomes clear that this code is too early to write. Of course, you can still try and enlist help from others, but it's more important to learn conditions, loops, functions that trailing code consists of.

At first, students solve the simplest problems, consistently consolidating the material and gradually moving on to more complex topics. Trailing on this scale is a very complex task. Even after reading all the articles on it, coding skills will not increase from this, and you need to constantly work with code, and this is what you have stopped doing, which is a big mistake. So I think...

Hello Peter! Glad to have you back in touch. On the one hand you are right about the complexity of the task, on the other hand this task has made me look at self-learning from a different angle. So, there is nothing wrong with it. The more so, if I manage to handle trailing stops and provide the ready result to everyone, it will be my small victory in learning MQL5.

Now I'm deliberately not publishing any written code lines and comments, because I need to achieve at least some results myself, without anyone's help. The trailing stop task is clear, the initial assistance from the participants of this topic is provided, and now everything depends on me. All I need now is patience.

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin:

Hello Peter! Glad to have you back on the phone. On the one hand you are right about the difficulty of the task, but on the other hand it has made me look at self-study from a different angle. So there is nothing wrong with it. The more so, if I manage to handle trailing stops and provide the ready result to everyone, it will be my small victory in learning MQL5.

Now I'm deliberately not publishing any written code lines and comments, because I need to achieve at least some results myself, without anyone's help. The trailing stop task is clear, the initial assistance from the participants of this topic is provided, and now everything depends on me. All I need now is patience.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

First learn to develop simple algorithms in MQL, while you are jumping ahead, it's no use. And there's no need to study a lot of trailing variants, it's a waste of time. The basic principles and purpose are enough. After all, you can come up with a lot of trailingings, right up to machine learning with a whole family of algorithms and approaches.

First try to solve the problem I showed you earlier, it's very simple, if you don't know how to do it, i don't understand why you are trying to solve a much more complicated problem.

Someforum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy tester

Self-study in MQL5 from scratch

Aliaksandr Hryshyn, 2020.10.14 21:57

A simple task for Vladimir:
To write a script calculating the factorial of a given number. The number is given through parameters and can be in the range from 1 to 15 inclusive, at exit beyond this range, to output the message. The answer should also be output.

The above task requires knowledge of the conditional operator, loops and a bit about integer types.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:

First learn how to make simple algorithms in MQL, and you jump right ahead, it's no use. You don't need to study a lot of trailing curves, it's a waste of time. After all, you can come up with a lot of trailingings, right up to machine learning with a whole family of algorithms and approaches.

First try to solve the problem I've showed you, it's very simple, if you don't know how to do it, i don't understand why you are trying to do a much harder task.

Hello Alexander, I know about your problem, but at the moment, no matter how weird it seems, I am more interested in what is in my Self-Study plan.

Regards, Vladimir.

Reason: