A futures trade opens at Last price, not at Bid or Ask. Is this normal? - page 7

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Thank you all, yes of course, my mistake, a limit order on the TP level and a pending order on the other side on the stoploss level. And the logic, or rather not the logic, but the intended purpose of the stop-limit really hasn't caught up yet. The price is up, the level of stop, even higher the limit order is opened, which will become a Sell order. The price at the limit order level may reverse and go further.

However, we have not received any corrections. If the price goes up, the BuyStopLimit is set there but the Limit order level is lower than the stop level.

From the help forBuy Stop Limit

The stop level is set above the current Ask price and the Stop Limit price is set below the stop level.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I don't think anyone has corrected it. If the price is up, BuyStopLimit is set there , but the Limit level is below the stop level.

From the help forBuy Stop Limit

The stop level is set above the current Ask price, while the Stop Limit price is set below the stop level.

The reference does not always reflect the correctness.The reference is written for forex execution.
This is written in the help because in forex execution, dealers do not allow the limit to be executed at a worse price.
This isnot the right way to use the Limit order, although you can do it anywhere else.
In
your example, the limit is executed at the best price. What's the sense in it? When there are regular Limit orders.
And when the Limit order is higher than the stop level, it will be executed by the market. However, we control slippage by the distance the Limit order is thrown.
If slippage occurs, the limit order will not be executed in the market but will be placed in the market and this limit order should be deleted immediately.

Roman:

Generally speaking,a limiter level below the stop level is not the right use, although no one forbids it.
In
this case, the limit will go into the cup, at a better price. What's the sense in it? When there are regular Limit orders.
But when the Limit order is higher than the stop level, it will be executed at the market, but this level controls the slippage.
If slippage occurs, the limit order will not be executed in the market but will be placed in the depths of the market and this limit order should be deleted immediately.

I do not understand it a bit. For Buy Stop Limit.

The Stop Level should be higher than the current Ask price while the Buy Limit price should be lower than the Stop Level. This is stated in the documentation.

Or is it possible to place the BuyLimit price above the Stop Level? But it won't be a reverse price movement and when the stop level is reached, the Limit should fail immediately (the order should be executed), the trade will be executed and the Buy position will be created. And the freezing levels do not work in this case?

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I'm a little confused. For Buy Stop Limit.

The stop level must be above the current Ask price and the Buy Limit price must be below the stop level. This is what the documentation states.

Or is it possible toplacethe BuyLimitprice above the stop level? But it won't be a reverse price movement and when the stop level is reached, the Limit should fail immediately (the order should be executed), the trade will be executed and the Buy position will be created. And the freezing levels do not work in this case?

Yes, that's exactly the reference that misleads everyone.
Then the limit will be immediately executed by the market and a Long position will appear
. And if it slips, it will become in the market.
We are talking about an exchange execution, there are no freezes or sucker levels.

Roman:

Yes, it is the reference that misleads everyone.
Then the limit is immediately executed by the market, i.e. it jumps the market and a Long position appears
And if it slips, it becomes in the cup.
We're talking about the exchange execution, there are no freezes or "sucker" levels.

(Thank you, I see.) It makes direct sense not to use market orders in MT5.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Thanks, I see). It makes direct sense not to use market orders in MT5.

Yes, you can do it with a regular Limit order as well. By throwing the Limit, we control the slip.
StopLimit is simply pending.

Roman:

Yes, this can also be done with a regular Limit bid. By limit throwing distance, we control the slip.
StopLimit is just a delayed one.

I see. It's not an unambiguous documentation. Yes, a Buy Limit above the price at the level of the allowable slippage will be executed immediately, while at a larger one, it simply will not be executed. The logic is there.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I see. The documentation is not clear-cut. Yes, a Buy Limit above the price at the level of the allowable slippage will execute immediately, but at a higher level it simply will not execute. The logic is there.

Now you probably understand why it's better not to use StopLimit for a stop loss and use a regular Stop.
If the throw distance is small and it slips, your protective stop loss will simply not work.
And the price might fly away while you wake up, what is it, I put a stop.

Roman:

Now you probably understand why it's better not to use StopLimit for a stop loss, but to use a regular stop.
If the throw distance is small and slips, your protective stop loss just won't work, and price may fly away while you wake up and wonder what it is, I put a stop.

Yes, it may slip and the loss will eat the deposit) And the idea of a limit order instead of a market order as a means to combat slippage is normal. And as a level TP, if it slips, the profit will only get bigger)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Yes, it may slip and the loss will eat the deposit) And the idea of a limit order instead of a market order as a means to combat slippage is normal. And as a level TP, if it slips, the profit will only increase)

If slippage occurs, the order will not be executed, because the limit order will go to the market.
Long we close the Sell position with a Sell order.
If SellStopLimit is at the worst price and without slippage, it will hit the market, and the profit will be smaller by the size of spread. See the screenshot of the market.
If you set SellStopLimit at a better price, then yes, the TP limit will be higher.
But what is the sense in it? After the trigger, the price may not reach your limit ))
Why put a trigger on the TP level, when you can put a regular SellLimit at this level with a guaranteed price.

Reason: