Is making easy money out of thin air on the forex market immoral? - page 9

TLDR: even an ordinary taxpayer who has no idea about trading even he is in the food chain of traders (albeit in a very indirect way)

transcendreamer:
TLDR: even an ordinary taxpayer who has no idea about trading even he is in the food chain of traders (albeit in a very indirect way)

Yes, that's for sure. Everything in our world is interconnected: somewhere a butterfly was killed, and in our Far East a typhoon broke out. Some people even write dissertations like "On the impact of the tropics on the health of bedbugs".))

transcendreamer:

Hehehe... Yeah... in most cases the trader is the biggest enemy of himself :)

... but speculators are not the same as speculators (!)

hedge funds are speculators too, but more experienced (usually) than retail unprofessional speculators and novice financial addicts

a non-professional investor turns around a conditional zero, while a fund systematically earns something

and this earnings are not only the amount of the losers' deposits, but also a certain economic component

a piece of the total social product redistributed through complex interconnections...

through the forward market, insurance products, short- and medium-term debt market, interest rate swaps, securitized debt...

for example, a real supplier (let it be oil, wheat... whatever) has the goal of simply insuring a future transaction

A professional speculator has a smarter and more accurate model and sees an undervalued or overvalued option or forward and will use it immediately

if the model turns out to be true, the speculator takes something from the provider's income - from the real economy - not from the windjobbers.

that's the important thing to understand

and speculation in the shares of troubled companies close to bankruptcy?

And the existence of $12 trillion in sovereign bonds with negative yields?

and the capitalisation of American Airlines higher before the coronavirus pandemic? with airline traffic down all over the world?

there are those who have conservatively exploited seasonal trends in commodity markets

and some who bought tons of oil pouring into every available storage facility when the price was good.

It's not just economics, it's even playing on geopolitics.

finally, yesterday - day before yesterday there was a correction in the high tech sector - should it not have happened after the massive influx of liquidity?

another week actively buying tail risk protection (options) and this is easy to find in the news feed

central banks can make money and they can also screw up

strong stimulus measures can distort market indicators which undermines the role of the market as an efficient allocator of the economy (fair value disconnect)

it is the FV detachment that is the profit for the systematic speculator , I'm telling you

it would be VERY naive to believe that the speculative market consists only of losers who come home from the factory after the second shift and start trading as if they were playing cards

the current state of the economy is highly abnormal and for monetary reasons as well

and when the ratio of calls and puts becomes abnormally high - professional speculators understand what will happen next :)

and when the capitalisation starts to reach almost 200% of GDP :)

And who buys the same calls? The ordinary people who can get them as a structured product, for example in their bank (because deposit rates have become obscenely low).

ordinary people may be shareholders without any speculative purposes, but with dividend aims.

treasuries are increasingly being replaced by corporate bonds not for the good

the investors who would otherwise take short positions because of market overvaluation are afraid to go against the liquidity flow (and are getting what they deserve hehe)

the aggregate scale of risks is actually hard to quantify

to a large extent what is happening now is a global belief in favourable and predictable liquidity (and what if it isn't? hehe)

To say that speculators only take money out of each other's hands is the greatest delusion and a lack of understanding of the very basics of modern world order :)

<graphomania mode off>.

I like the sound of this post.

But I think not everyone can digest this kind of food for thought. The horizon is too narrow for such thinking.

I do not want to offend anyone, but it can be seen by the unaided eye.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Many times I plush for this comprehensive post.

But I don't think it's food for thought for everyone. The horizon is too narrow for such thinking.

I do not want to offend anyone, but it is obvious to the untrained eye.

I don't want to offend anyone, but the author of the post did a "gallop across Europe" and did not answer the question"exactly how do speculative traders harm grannies and why can their actions be considered immoral?"

Certainly, the author of the post is trying to think big, but he is pulling "by the ears" of the unknown. Some kind of general matter. Perhaps, I do not understand and do not see the connection with the question from the lack of education in the field... Who knows...))

The message seems to be: traders get carried away in the stock market and rock the economic "boat", in which those same grandmothers sit... Don't forget - your games are dangerous for others! ))))

Реter Konow:

I don't want to offend anyone, but the author of the post has galloped across Europe and failed to answer the question"how exactly do speculative traders harm grannies and why can their actions be considered immoral?".

Certainly, the author of the post is trying to think big, but he is pulling "by the ears" of the unknown. Some kind of general matter. Perhaps, I do not understand and do not see the connection with the question from the lack of education in the field... Who knows...))

The message seems to be: traders get carried away in the stock market and rock the economic "boat", in which those same grandmothers sit... Don't forget, they say - your games are dangerous for others! ))))

Another +9 to the rating and it will be 9999, just in opposition to the 6666 transcendreamer

This message will be fateful and the speculative traders will stop rocking the granny boat.

gobirzharf:

Another +9 to the rating and it will be 9999, as opposed to 6666 transcendreamer

This post will be momentous and the speculative traders will stop rocking the granny boat.

Thanks for the note.)))) Post 9999 I will try to write spiritedly and sublimely, for the sake of excusing traders to grannies and moralists.))))

Paranoia. I come to Fonbet and bet on Kafelnikov to win. Vasya comes to Fonbet and bets on his defeat. Kafelnikov loses, my money goes to Vasya Pupkin.

Our Forex is the same, unlike adult Forex. Kafelnikov was making a lot of money, and we were making money with bets through Fonbet. There is huge money on Forex, we were given an opportunity to make bets on where and how long they will move. We will never get anywhere near Kafelnikov's level, which means we will never have the slightest influence on the outcome.

Реter Konow:

I don't want to offend anyone, but the author of the post has galloped across Europe and failed to answer the question"how exactly do speculative traders harm grannies and why can their actions be considered immoral?".

The message seems to be: traders get carried away in the stock market and rock the economic "boat", in which those same grandmothers sit... Don't forget, they say, - your games are dangerous for those around you! ))))

In the established world on our globe, it is not the particular individual in the general world cauldron of money that plays a role. But the mass of money plays a role even in the fifth sign. The grannies will not feel the fluctuation of currencies even of 1 cent or even 10.

Gambling addicts are a separate caste, which is the liquidity of the currency market. They do not influence the market and are not immoral people. They are a voluntary contribution to the global economy.

Uladzimir Izerski:

In the established world on our globe, a particular individual does not play a role in the general world's cauldron of money. The mass of money, on the other hand, plays a role even at the fifth digit. Grannies will not feel the fluctuation of currencies even of 1 cent or even 10.

Gambling addicts are a separate caste, which is the liquidity of the currency market. They do not influence the market and are not amoral people. This is a voluntary contribution to the global economy.

So the question was about the moral side of trading, which some people "despise" because of their idealistic views on life, peace, work and friendship. Speculation is evil, down with the modern economy and business, long live the equal exchange of products between farmers and workers, and let everyone be clean in soul and washed in the bath...)))

Реter Konow:

So the question, let me remind you, was about the moral side of trading, which some "despised" because of their idealistic views on life, peace, work and friendship. They say speculation is evil, down with modern economics and business, long live equal exchange of products between farmers and workers, and let everyone be clean in his/her soul and bathed in a bath...)))

Then it turns out to be immoral to drive out on a shared road and move with everyone else. HEHEHE.

And grannies walking on the pavement along the road are immoral.

Reason: