Matstat Econometrics Matan - page 25

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

Read it again - it's about the financial markets. And only about them.

No, the conversation was about the essence of correlation.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

There is, by the way.

Both processes have a functional correlation. Shall I give you a link?

I don't really want to argue, I love sophistry, but I don't really have time. Sure.

Everything in the world is interconnected, even in Brownian motion)))

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

No, the conversation was about the essence of correlation.

I don't really want to argue, I like sophistry, but I don't really have time. Give it to me, of course.

Everything in the world is interconnected, even the Brownian motion.)

No, I was having a conversation with Secret specifically about market assets. There is no constant correlation there.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

study the correlation of rare events ? a power worthy of a nobel prize ! Seriously, one prize was given for collisions in small samples (did I get that right from memory?)

If those two people started pouring water every day, for say a year, and often hit the same moments and volumes, there would be a correlation between them. And maybe even love :-)

God forbid)))) Examples))) They're in different hemispheres by the way))))

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

No, I was having a conversation with Secret specifically about marketable assets. There is no constant correlation there.

Well, maybe I missed the thread of your particular conversation. I was responding to the topic of the thread.

Market assets can also have true negative and false positive estimates of correlation. And of course the correlation estimate cannot be constant.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Well, maybe I missed the thread of your particular conversation. I was responding on the topic of the thread.

Market assets can also have true negative and false positive estimates of correlation. And of course correlation estimates cannot be constant.

All correlations in financial markets are true. False correlations are almost non-existent and cannot exist, because all assets are functionally related.

There is no constant correlation in the market. It changes all the time.

P.S. All the time we are talking about numerical estimates of correlation.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

All correlations in financial markets are true. There are virtually no false correlations and there can be none, because all assets are functionally related.

I will not argue. I have a different opinion.

For the majors and giants maybe. But the assets of CocaCola, Huawei and Gideonrichter also have correlation) But how true it is)

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I'm not going to argue. I have a different opinion.

For majors and giants maybe. But assets CocaCola, Huawei and Gideonrichter have correlation too) But how true it is)

Stocks, not assets.

True correlation.

Easily proven.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

All correlations in financial markets are true. There are virtually no false correlations and there can be none, because all assets are functionally related.

I give you a plus for a correctly formulated answer.

Dmytryi Nazarchuk:

stocks, not assets.

True correlation.

Easily proven.

Interesting to see the proof. Assets, because there are other instruments besides stocks, the same receipts. In that sense.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

it is interesting to see the proof. Assets, because there are other instruments besides shares, the same receipts. In that sense.

CocaCola shares are quoted in dollars. (x/y).

Huawei shares are quoted in yuan. (z/c)

The yuan exchange rate is determined by the value of a basket of currencies, most of which is the dollar. (c=f(y+s))

(x/y) and (z/(f(y+s)) are functionally related?

Reason: