GRAAL in trading - definition... - page 6

Алексей Тарабанов:
The spread reflects solely the dealer's willingness/unwillingness to trade. I want - the spread is almost 0, I don't want - it flies to infinity. I only want to buy - the asymmetry is up from the midmarket, I want to sell - on the contrary. Spread is only a dealer's instrument and it is set by the dealer only.
The dealer is an intermediary, not the trader. The dealer is an intermediary, not a trader.

100 people sell for 500-1000, the other 100 buy for 10-20. That's it. What is the spread?

Алексей Тарабанов:

100 people sell for 500-1000, the other 100 buy for 10-20. That's it. What is the spread?

The spread is the difference between the Ask and Bid prices.

Ask and Bid prices are the BEST PRICES FOR DEMAND AND OFFER.

They should be set by trading traders. Instead, these prices are set (or rather regulated) by the dealer.

He doesn't get involved in anything, he just does his job. He analyses the bids and offers clients the deals that fit his vision.

Реter Konow:
Spread is the difference between ask and bid prices.

Ask and Bid prices are the BEST PRICES FOR DEMAND AND OFFER.

They should be set by the traders who are trading.

Flag in the hand, drum on the neck. I have a daughter who trades directly on the exchange, without a dealer. You're probably going the same way.

Алексей Тарабанов:

He doesn't get involved in anything, he just does his job. He analyses the bids and offers clients the deals that fit his vision.

Shit.... The market is DETERMINATED by TRADERS. POINT. THE BROKER IS A FUCKING MIDDLEMAN. POINT. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH PRICES.

Although, the spread there is also set by the exchange. Then trade on the bazaar as you agree.

He is a mediator, but a free man. If he wants to, he offers his services (if you are in the spread), if he doesn't want to, he doesn't.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Although, the spread there is also set by the exchange. Then trade on the bazaar as you agree.

If you come to the market and bargain with the seller, and I just walk up out of the blue and say - do NOT agree to a higher price than this! What will you say? Will you say "OK, no problem"?

The dealer does the same thing.

Реter Konow:
Shit.... The market is determined by the traders. POINT. BROKER IS A FUCKING MIDDLEMAN. POINT. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH PRICES.

The broker wants to make money too, that's all there is no mystery about it

Reason: