Limits/stakes at current price in the Terminal (not in the Tester) - page 4

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

How so?

You're not surprised when you put a limiter on MOEX in MT5 and see it in QUICK. The MT5 can be deleted and the limit is still alive.

So here is the connection to a completely platform-independent system, where MT5 is just one of the platforms supported on a residual basis.

The MT5 does not form, but rather broadcasts the trading environment.

Let me ask you a question, and don't mind if it's really silly. Considering what I have read and faced with dependence on the environment when setting orders and executing them, I have a question: Why is it not better to place market orders at once according to the conditions of orders? Why don't we better close market orders at Take Profit and Stop Loss conditions, and place order stops as protection in case an EA stops working?

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
May I ask you a question? Don't mind if it's silly. Looking at what I have read and faced with the dependence of the environment for placing and executing orders, I have a question why it is not better to place market orders at once according to the conditions of orders. Why don't we better close market orders at Take Profit and Stop Loss conditions, and place order stops as protection in case an EA stops working?

Read somewhere the basics of the differences in order types. Their pros and cons.

fxsaber:

You are not surprised when on MOEX you put a limiter in MT5 and see it in QUICK. The MT5 can be deleted and the limit is still alive.

So here is the connection to a completely platform-independent system, where MT5 is just one of the platforms supported on a residual basis.

MT5 doesn't form, it broadcasts the trading environment.

So in the video is MT5, and sending an order through it?

Valeriy Yastremskiy:
May I ask you a question, don't mind if it's silly. Considering what I have read, and also confronted with the dependence of the environment on the results of placing and executing orders, I have a question: why is it not better to place market orders at once according to the conditions of orders? Why don't we better close market orders at Take Profit and Stop Loss conditions, and place order stops as protection in case an EA stops working?

theoretically, by definition, a limit cannot slip against a trader.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

So the video shows MT5, and sending an order through it?

Yes, MT5. The limit is set in MT5 and immediately duplicated in the aggregator. As soon as something happens in the aggregator with that limit, there is a feedback to MT5.

This is why the system does not care about the bugs in MT5. All it needs from MT5 is information that a trader has set a limit. From there on it moves independently from MT5.

fxsaber:

Yes, MT5. The limit is set in MT5 and immediately duplicated in the aggregator. As soon as something happens in the aggregator with that limit, there is a feedback to MT5.

Therefore the system does not care what kind of bugs there are in MT5. All it needs from MT5 is information that a trader has set a limit. And after that it works independently from MT5.

I guess it is like writing a connector to a crypto market and trading from MT5, MT5 is just an interface between a person and the connector.

I think that's what you have done, you wrote a connector for FIX or a similar protocol. in general, MT5 is not necessary here, it's easier to write your own programmatic on the same Sharp with GUI and stop trying to prove something to developers, because the developers said "you can do it without us" - and yes, we can.

fxsaber:

Yes, MT5. The limit is set in MT5 and immediately duplicated in the aggregator. As soon as something happens in the aggregator with this limit, there is a feedback to MT5.

This is why the system does not care about the bugs in MT5. All it needs from MT5 is information that a trader has set a limit. And from there it moves independently from MT5.

This is also a stupid question. Is this aggregator something on your side or on the broker's side?

fxsaber:

This is why the system does not care about the bugs in MT5. All it needs from MT5 is information that a trader has set a limit. And after that it works independently from MT5.

Most probably from what I understand you have access to the server side to do this.
Without mentioning that, then the whole hooch done remains a mystery to understand ))

Andrey Dik:

Well, I see. it's like writing a connector to a crypto exchange and trading from MT5, MT5 acts only as an interface between the person and the connector.

I assume that's what you have done, you wrote a FIX connector or a similar protocol.

I don't have any.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Is this aggregator something on your side or the broker's side?

Broker.

Roman:

Most likely as I understand it, you have access to the server side for this.
Without mentioning that, then the whole hooch done remains a mystery to understand ))

There is a market for different software for brokers. Some software is very good.

I don't have access to the server side.