The market and the problems of choosing advisers - page 8

Aleksander Gladkov:

п4. On the signals page, fix the"Trades History" tab, so that the comments of the orders created by the signal source account get into the "Comment" field (this does not happen now). This is needed so that the Expert Advisor could enter its name in the field Commentary of the orders created by the signal source to protect its rights and be able to see it in the signal.

I hope you understand that this is nothing. Nothing prevents you from writing your name in the comment, while copying trades from another signal and selling to an entirely different one.

Can you suggest a real method? Otherwise it will be the same as now or worse.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I hope you can see for yourselves that this is nothing. Nothing prevents you from writing your name in a comment, while copying trades from another signal and selling to an entirely different one.

Can you suggest a real method? Otherwise it will be the same as now or worse.

It will not be worse, because now there is no guarantee other than the seller's word that the signal he publishes is created by his EA.

And it is not an easy task to put in a comment to an order instead of an existing one, plus this adjustment should probably be reflected in the order history.

There are more complications than desire.

No matter what you come up with, there will still be "dissatisfied" and "disbelievers".

Why would a seller put up one signal and sell another?

Although if it is a "different, alien", then yes.

Comments would save. But not really.

Aleksander Gladkov:

2. Add the name of the EA in the Comment field of the orders being created.

So there is no monetary cost and no additional resources required apart from the existing ones.

The order comment is often used by the server to record events

The name of the EA is not constant and does not bind the author to anything - ask for an MD5 hash of the ex4 (ex5) file in an additional field, like a magic number

But even in that case not everything will be smooth and I don't want to guess how schemes of dishonest sellers will look - I am not dealing with sale or manipulation, but from EA users side there will be definitely people who will claim that now DG knows that I trade super-profitable EA ХХХL.ex4 and now they give me fake quotes, but before everything was working in profits! ..... hmm, by the way this statement may be used by a dishonest merchant, imho ))))

Aleksander Gladkov:

It won't get any worse as there are NO guarantees now except the seller's word that the signal he posts is created by his advisor.

It is not an easy task to replace an existing order with a comment, and this adjustment should probably be reflected in the order history.

You are mistaken, copying trades from an account subscribed to a signal and writing whatever you want in the comment is no problem.

There is also no guarantee in your proposal, because if there is a way to pass off someone else's profitable owl as the one being sold, then there will be unscrupulous sellers who will use it, and it will be Worse, because

If we do this, the buyers will think that because there is a signal, they are "protected".

I have just read the "Agreement on the Transmission of Trading Signals..." which reads:

P4.4 "It is prohibited to place Signals in the "Signals" service, the main purpose of which is to promote the distribution of MetaTrader 4/5 trading terminal applications outside the "Signals" service."

Hello all. I would like to give my opinion on this matter. I've been trading forex for a very long time. There is no grail, and even the most profitable Expert Advisor in the tester, or a signal with 10000%+ are not guaranteed to make a profit. Everything that the tester or the profitability chart shows has been and gone before. An EA is a precise algorithm, nothing more. There are entry conditions described by the programmer. The buyer of an EA must understand the EA's strategy, rather than hope for a miracle. I know a lot of cases when one EA in different hands has lost and made thousands of percent of profit on the same time interval. You will always find those who are not satisfied with it. I can even say I was dissatisfied. The solutions are threefold: search for an Expert Advisor in the Market that satisfies the trader's strategy with complete descriptions, or order the owl on freelancer or learn the language. I have chosen the third one, and it's easier to live and trade. I hope this comment will help someone.
Reason: