Just a consultation - page 5

Evgeny Belyaev:

I'm asleep now, I'm asleep.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Then just type it into an excel file, so people don't get fooled...

If you are a trader, you have to get up in the morning, read and enter it... after six months, you will have the exact terms of reference - where and what is taken, why and how it is checked...

But this is a public forum about MQL - if you (really) need to implement an idea, you may publish it in full.

If the idea is worthwhile and someone likes it, they may discuss it, criticize and improve it. Otherwise, up to $2K and go to freelance

---

how much do you value your idea and personal time ? at 40 quid ?

That's how it's done for a long time, but manually entering it into eexcel more than once a day is not enough.

You somehow long to understand that there is no task to count, check, optimize, etc.. The task is to automate data collection, and I handle handling it myself.

I can already see long trends very well. My task is to see shorter trends and for that I need the data to update itself and more often.

Here is an example. The chart above represents the market fluctuations, below it is a matching currency pair, the Canadian is a risky asset and the yen is a defensive one

That cadjpy will form a top, was clear on October 21-25, i.e. a week before panic/greed started to spread

Likewise, on the 5th-7th of November it was clear that the high was unlikely to be updated, and on the 11th it was possible to look for an opportunity to sell, because it looked very much like the reversal.

This is not a technical signal, it does not depend on the way the data is processed, you can process it any way you want and there is no problem here.

It's just a question of not manually entering it into the excel. I thought there were people here who knew all this stuff like in the Lord's Prayer.

Files:

Evgeny Belyaev:

1. You need to log in to investing.

2. Go to the portfolio page.

3.Download the data, which data... It all needs to be written out.

For me, $100 is the minimum bar. If they ask for less, then most likely never dealt with authorization.

And what language is the implementation needed? Or it is not a principle?

Perhaps, it makes sense simply to paste the data (quotes for different instruments) in Excel.

In what language - I do not know what to answer. Yes, in any language))

The only question is to see small changes in time. Traders probably know better how to do it more convenient for work. If trading currencies, it would probably be cool to collect and process everything in MT, but this is probably a higher level task. By the way, on cryptocurrencies these cycles are also visible, bitcoin as a defensive one, altcoins are risky, fluctuations are also sometimes very well pronounced. But I don`t know how to trade with them, I`ve registered on the exchange, I´ve looked and understood that I have to spend half a day at the terminal and I have to do everything manually, no way.

As for the price. If we are talking about 100 is enough, then technically the task of taking data in investing and putting it somewhere for further processing doesn't look too complicated. That is actually what I wanted to understand. And who knows, maybe they do not give such opportunities for free, investing itself takes data in tradingview.com and probably not for free

passerby13:

Here is what I am asking for advice on.

On https://ru.investing.com/ I have a portfolio of instruments, about 30 positions, for which I monitor market conditions.

I need a program to collect data from the site and put it, let's say, into a usual excel, recording it during the day on top of the previous data of the same day.

Each day at 00.00 am started a new day and, accordingly, a new line in excel

How much could such a job? And will someone do it? Thanks in advance

I have not written in freelance, because it is not clear yet, whether I will order. I want to understand the amount of work, maybe it's difficult, and maybe the opposite is very easy. I myself in programming not a clue

I wrote a news parser for investing.com for myself, but there is an option to retrieve the news page by query. As a variant the parsing of the manually downloaded page is implemented. This is a very cumbersome task, took a long time to debug and constantly requires control, because the format of the data on the page can change. Realization was made on MT4/5. I even gave the parser itself to someone free of charge here on this web-site about three years ago. In your case you need something similar. I would estimate the cost of development from scratch at 500 euros. But maybe someone already has a track record and you can do cheaper. Unfortunately, I am not engaged in active development for MT4/5 - I have no time for it. So I will not be able to help you directly.

Good afternoon, could you advise on whether vps hosting is necessary for EAs to work properly, or can you do without it?

passerby13:

In what language - I don't know what to answer. Yes, in any language))

The only question is to see small changes in time. Traders probably know better how to do it more conveniently for work. If trading currencies, it would probably be cool to collect and process everything in MT, but this is probably a higher level task. On cryptocurrencies, by the way, these cycles are also visible, bitcoin as a protection, altcoins are risky, fluctuations are also sometimes very well pronounced. But I don`t know how to trade with them, I`ve registered on the exchange, I´ve looked and understood that I have to spend half a day at the terminal and I have to do everything manually, no way.

As for the price. If we are talking about 100 is enough, then technically the task of taking data in investing and putting it somewhere for further processing doesn't look too complicated. That is actually what I wanted to understand. Maybe they do not give such opportunities for free, investing itself takes data in tradingview.com and for sure not for free.

Show me the format of the excel file itself, how it should look like, what to write and what columns are needed, how many rows/days to write

MT4 still has such a thing as DDE-server (Service - Settings - Server - Enable DDE-server). You enable it and run the standard DDE-sample file together with MT. As a result you get automatic translation of the current quotes into Excel.

All you need is to find a brokerage company that broadcasts the quotes you need. Yes, this may be a problem...

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Vitaly Muzichenko:

Show the excel file format itself how it should look like, what to write and what columns are needed, how many rows/days to write

There are 3 tabs in the excel file

In the screenshot the tab with data from stock markets, the other two (currencies and bonds) are completely identical

The first column is the date. The bottom row with the current date is actual, it means that the program is writing there the latest data over the previous ones with the set periodicity during the day

At 00 o'clock it starts writing in a new line and everything repeats.

I don't need history, I can bring it into excel myself, as you understand I have it, the whole point is constantly updating the bottom line

Then this information is processed and I get a result that shows me the market situation. But I do this on my own.

If you do not write it in Excel, but in MT, of course, this task looks more attractive, but the amount of work will probably be different. For now, I'm not looking in this direction.

Files:

passerby13:

There are 3 tabs in the excel file

In the screenshot the tab with data from stock markets, the other two (currencies and bonds) are completely identical

The first column is the date. The lower row with the current date is actual, it means that the program is writing there the latest data over the previous ones with the set periodicity during the day

At 00 o'clock it starts writing in a new line and everything repeats.

I don't need history, I can bring it into excel myself, as you understand I have it, the whole point is constantly updating the bottom line

Then this information is processed and I get a result that shows me the market situation. But I do this on my own.

If you do not write it in Excel, but in MT, of course, this task looks more attractive, but the amount of work will probably be different. I'm not looking in this direction yet.

So, if you add new information, there will be 100500 lines. Or will you remove old data manually?

Reason: