A question for OOP experts. - page 39

Igor Makanu:
Api other products give other products, what's the point? Metaquotes wanted their own ecosystem, well they kind of created it, another issue is that they are not allowed to enter already occupied markets - I read Renat's posts last year on quickie forums...well the usual fight against windmills, the local craftsmen are frothing at the mouth proving the superiority of quickie in any kind of trade automation. In general, finding and carving out a niche in the business requires more flair than the great opportunities offered to the end user

What can I do? I can see what is being brought in as new domestic equipment and what software is still written on, and from personal experience - my younger brother studied at Volgograd Polytechnic three years ago.... nothing has changed, i studied in the late 90s and he did in 2016.

for your information, Vlg is one of 15 million-strong cities, I think that the situation in education is the same in 90% of universities, except perhaps for TOP-20 universities - they may be teaching something newer

By the way, they gave me ASM in digital circuitry, now they don't give that either, and C/C++ was given for 4 or 5 semesters - now they do not teach engineers at all, maybe the teachers are very weak, they are capable of embellishing old material with new life samples ((((

C++ is not a trendy language nowadays.

I'm a pervert. I was jerked around by Artem Trishkin about babes again, and I like to skip C++ code between 2017 and 2019 and feel the difference in disassembler )))

Igor Makanu:

sore subject.... MT's order system is unique, and only suitable for MT's niche.

about exchanges - well, all exchanges are tied to their software and trading conditions are usually regulated by this software - i.e., there is no unified standard, you can not find ISO for the exchange

And in general, the whole exchange game has absolutely different goals - the goal is to create the illusion that you have money and work for yourself.... but if you start digging, you will find clearing, expirations, rules of convergence/dropping orders, and so on. ..... all these little things are usually very expensive for newcomers ))))

brrrr, mice aside, grits apart )))

- there's an API, it should be on the server side and unburnable

- there is your code with errors

Basically, now in MT4/5 this is just combined with the terminal. That's what they came out in the first place for. I've written more than once, a friend of mine was trained by a $200 kitchen, she didn't understand a thing and asked for help.

I see that it is possible to write programs in MT4 and I'm interested. I don't need a teacher in my slipper.

I am still interested, and it seems to be alive).

Alexey Volchanskiy:

brrrr, mice aside, grits apart ))

- there's an API, it has to be server-side and unburnable

Well, that's what I mean, where is the server at Metakvot? last year I googled and found that even the Russian exchanges did not have MT server software installed directly, all through converters and gateways, about CME I think it is not worth googling the information, I think there is a busy market of software, where no one will let

Igor Makanu:

Well, that's what I mean, where do Metakvot have servers? I googled last year and realized that even on Russian exchanges MT server software has never been installed directly, all through converters and gateways, I think it is not worth googling information about CME, I think they already have their own busy market of software, where no one will let

Man, why are you surprised, they wanted to make a commodity, that's the result. I think they have their own already occupied market where no one will let them in.

Vict:

They wanted to make a commodity, and that's what they want. Next to the exchange on the chair and the eternal struggle with mt4.

Of course, you can speculate a lot about consumer stuff, for as I wrote above, there are not many standards in exchanges, mostly certain conventions, not to scare the heterogeneous public ))))

SZS: I read, usually without problems codes in different languages, but a couple of times I read Quick.... i would say it made my hair stand on end and i don't mind saying it's not consumer stuff ;)

UPD: and since we're talking about a vital and essential api... no problem where to get, plenty of options, then how to test? - repeat the tester strategy mt5.... i could not, imho, the amount of work may take a year or even more, how long will it take to visualize? and genetics? and the calculation of data for an arbitrary symbol? .... i could go on and on, watching the "feats" of those who have intentionally rejected the MT5 tester in favour of some analogue.... i will just say - it's the devil! )))

Igor Makanu:

Of course, you can speculate a lot about consumer stuff, for as I wrote above, there are not many standards in exchanges, mostly certain conventions, not to scare the heterogeneous public ))))

SZS: I read, usually without problems codes in different languages, but a couple of times I read Quick.... i would say it made my hair stand on end and i don't see any cracks ;)

It's all the social crap that makes MT shippable, imho. You open the terminal and you get "market, signals, logs..." + questions to the order system, well, it's not serious. In my opinion, it would be better to have an open and extensible system, third party services with signals and other stuff through additional modules.

UPD: and while we're talking about a vital and essential api... no problem where to get, plenty of options, then how to test? - repeat the tester strategy mt5.... i could not, imho, the amount of work may take a year or even more, how long will it take to visualize? and genetics? and the calculation of data for an arbitrary symbol? .... i could go on and on, watching the "feats" of those who have intentionally rejected the MT5 tester in favour of some analogue.... i will just say - it's the devil! )))
I'm using my own tool (simple as hell) and I'm happy with it.

Vict:

All this social stuff makes MT become a luxury, imho. You open the terminal and you get "market, signals, logs ...". + questions to the order system, well, this is not serious. In my opinion, it would be better to have an open and extensible system, third party services with signals and other stuff through additional modules.

above post completed

MT has been an open system from the start - I mean plugging in dlls with no problems, plus detailed articles, plus downloading historical data from any source... and the api ... what's the problem to connect? it's calmed down in freelance now, but at the beginning of the year there were often orders to connect to crypto exchanges via MT + api - i think there are ready examples online, i've seen them somewhere

About social bullshit - well, the whole industry is based on this "whale", whether in MT or not in MT, whether in runet or abroad )))) . Probably today will read the book Hulinomics, I still can not get together, people are actively promoting the book ))).

Vict:

I use my own setup (super simple as hell) and I'm happy with it.

custom graphic with arbitrary simulation - can it? and now with horror I saw that I made a universal constructor with a total enumeration of parameters = 5x10^142 and tester genetics in 2-3 hours gives the direction where else to look - can it? and visualize the run can? - imho, the convenience of using the tester as a system for market research - everything is very well thought out in MT5!

Igor Makanu:

above post completed

MT has been an open system from the start - I mean plugging in dlls with no problems, plus detailed articles, plus downloading historical data from any source... and the api ... what's the problem to connect? it's calmed down in freelance now, but at the beginning of the year there were often orders to connect to crypto exchanges via MT + api - i think there are ready examples online, saw it somewhere

About social bullshit - well, the whole industry is based on this "whale", whether in MT or not in MT, whether in runet or abroad )))) . Probably today will read the book Hulinomics, I still can not get together, people are actively promoting the book ))).

What is the use of dll without api? I mean the new openness, the possibility to extend the platform functionality (not through a crutch mediator of the EA) through external modules, hooked into the terminal (to introduce signals, logs, ...). The output is a pure vanilla platform without any frills for serious people. It is not a problem to download a dll and communicate with an Expert Advisor, of course, but it is not the same.

a custom chart with arbitrary simulation can? and now I was horrified to see that I made a universal constructor with a total enumeration of parameters = 5x10^142 and tester genetics gives a direction in 2-3 hours where else to look - can it? and visualize the run can? - imho, the convenience of using the tester as a system for market research - very well thought out in MT5!

I don't optimise anything, I solve my own problems, I draw graphs-results of tests in gnuplot. The whole tester is 50 lines of code.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I've been on deep leave for 10 years )))) Go get a beer.

What's not clear on the point, specifically

I respect you, but you can see the inadequacy in your mind, MS is already alarmed ))

A very clear and revealing conclusion about the adequacy of thinking.

Vict:

The output is a pure vanilla platform with no frills for serious people.

i doubt there is such a massive demand, imho, the human capacity is limited by the daylight hours and the number of adepts who can devote so much time to their development.... in my opinion they are essentially nonexistent, what to do with a bare api? - who will supply the necessary external modules? .... in my opinion without the necessary minimum functionality "out of the box" there will be no demand for such a platform, and a couple of years ago i was paying attention to "ninza", but the principles of strategy testing... don't even want to start, really didn't like it

Vict:

I'm not optimizing anything, I'm solving my own problems, I'm drawing graphs-results of tests in gnuplot. The entire tester is 50 lines of code.

Optimization is not the same as optimization, genetics allows you to quickly go through many strategies, i.e. it automates the search for TC

Reason: