CME E-Micro exchange futures contracts available for trading - page 7

Реter Konow:
I have already stated that everything stated is my opinion. Read the above.

And the facts are only circumstantial.

1. Can the stock exchange be a counterparty to traders' transactions? According to the textbook it can.
2. Do they have data on all positions? Yes, they do. It cannot not be.
3. 95% of traders lose.

All the facts are circumstantial. Nothing has been proven.

If :" All the facts are circumstantial. Nothing is proven." What's there to discuss? This thread is about stock trading.

rjurip1:

If :" All the facts are circumstantial. Nothing has been proven" - what is there to discuss? This thread is about stock trading.

So discuss stock trading. I already gave my opinion and left. You're the one throwing comments my way.

Реter Konow:
So discuss stock trading. I've already given my opinion and left. You're the one throwing comments at me.

If you've deleted, what's the point of paying attention to those who "throw you in the footsteps"? ))

I support Peter. Alexey Martyanov has long talked about it in his videos. ("The Philosophy of Trading from Mytrade").
I have the same opinion about the modern stock exchange. As I wrote before, I think that in addition to work on "drawing the price" they work with traders in the network. These are videos about "successful scalpers", and the work on forums directed the mass consciousness in the right direction ...
...oh, I'm going to get thrown...

rjurip1:

Didn't you think they were right? I can't imagine how you saw MM's work. With all due respect to your work, maybe point your energies in a different direction

There are some points that say so. Somewhere on the tick you can see the MM
Is levelling up and where it is gaining. You just can't see it that way, but with some visualisation
it works.

Peter has a point. If market makers are in charge of an instrument and it is market makers' job to maintain sufficient liquidity. And if there is no liquidity, it is obvious that the instrument is not in demand among speculators, hence the lack of liquidity. If the instrument was in demand among speculators, there would be no work for the market maker there.

Peter is wrong in claiming that the exchange manipulates the price for its own benefit. The exchange is only an intermediary, while the market maker's task is to provide liquidity, and in order for the market maker not to go bankrupt by trading against all, property is given some kind of incentives. In instruments with low liquidity, any "sneeze" may cause a sharp quotation change. To prevent this, there are market makers.

Vitalii Ananev:

Peter is right about something. He is right that if market makers are in charge of an instrument and it is market makers' job to maintain sufficient liquidity. And if there is no liquidity, it is obvious that the instrument is not in demand among speculators, hence the lack of liquidity. If the instrument was in demand among speculators, there would be no work for the market maker there.

Peter is wrong in claiming that the exchange manipulates the price for its own benefit. The exchange is only an intermediary, while the market maker's task is to provide liquidity, and in order for the market maker not to go bankrupt by trading against all, property is given some kind of incentives. In instruments with low liquidity, any "sneeze" may cause a sharp quotation change. There are market makers to prevent it.

Yes, maybe it is not the exchange itself, but MM. I agree. But what difference does it make? The same robot and the same data on traders' positions. Where does it come from? - It is very simple. MM is the counterparty to traders' trades. And what does that mean? It means that traders buy from him and sell to him. It means that by the number and direction of his positions, he knows the number and direction of traders' positions. What does it give him? Having a huge amount of money, he can move the price wherever he wants and prevent any uncontrolled movement by swamping the traders with supply or demand. That's what control is. And everything is legal.

On the other hand MM ensures a lively and active market, which without it, probably would not function at all. There is a silver lining).

Andrey Gladyshev:

There are some points that speak to this. Somewhere on the tick you can see how the MM
Is aligning its positions and where it is gaining. You just can't see it that way, but with some visualisation
it works.

I don't know what you saw there, maybe MM's work, maybe just a big trader, maybe filling icebergs. The MM algorithm can be different depending on the asset. A stock is one thing, a futures on a stock with delivery is another, a futures without delivery is another. For the MM, the main thing is to comply with the contract with the exchange and to keep your balance.For large players, including the MM, it is important to hide their intentions until the last moment, so 99% of their positions they fill with limiters, as well as close. And the range of price spread is limited. On these points they can be considered.

Реter Konow:

I used to trade on CME. They have built up a huge number of trading platforms, obviously wanting to attract as many traders as possible. In the end, most of them are empty. They have fictitious volumes (the trading robot trades with itself, creating volatility on nothing). Those platforms with people are not numerous. Real trade volumes are many times lower than indicators of volumes. So it was a few years ago. The situation is probably even worse now.

CME is a funnel. A black hole into which traders' money irretrievably goes. They do not trade with each other, as they think. They trade against the exchange itself. There is no real clearing there. All the trades are against one counter-agent. Against the exchange. It is manipulating the price. You can see it on the charts and through the price stack.

Been doing quite a bit of research on this issue. Observed. Connected through ARI and analysed the data from the cup and the charts. Therefore, my conclusions are not based on nothing.

You don't have to have traded there to understand this

I was parsing the SME site and realised the same thing.

Andrey Gladyshev:
Every topic sooner or later comes to such a situation.
This is not a community, this is a meeting of the opposition.
It's impossible to achieve something here, they start kicking you at once.
Few people are comfortable with accessible explanations.
No one picks up any ideas, the author usually gets a good kicking right away.

Ha ha, as rightly pointed out, what can you do, it is the Russian mentality, take any show on TV channels as an example, they air endless meetings of the opposition, shouting at each other, but to no avail.

Reason: