CME E-Micro exchange futures contracts available for trading - page 5

Реter Konow:

The market maker moves the price. He does not need the traders to move the price, because HE is the counterparty to those deals. He is the one who sells and buys traders' contracts. He only needs traders' open positions, but he does not want them to move the price on their own. After all, it means that he will pay them out of his own pocket when they start to move the price up or down in droves. Therefore, he squeezes their supply and demand volumes with his own volumes. When their positions are already open, he starts pouring his liquidity through his "pockets", making trades "with himself" and moving the price against the highest number of open positions. If the most open positions are in buy, he will move the price down, if it is in sell, he will move it up. It will move stops on one side and then it will move against the other. And so on without end.

In such a market you can make money, but instead of technical and fundamental analysis, you need to find out every moment, in which direction there are more open positions of traders, and carefully (with small volume) join the minority. Then go out on time.

You need to separate trades made by traders from market maker's ones. This is not an easy technical task.

"You can make money in such a market, but instead of technical and fundamental analysis, you have to figure out every moment in time,

We need to separate trades performed by traders from market maker's trades. This is not an easy technical task. "I agree with this.

The rest is more complicated: the market maker is just one of the market participants. And, by law, cannot be connected in any way to the exchange.If MM pours orders - maybe. If there is enough collateral )) .But this is what exchange clearing evaluates, it is the exchange that is responsible for the settlement.

Interesting idea that traders don't move the price.
But on the crypto exchanges, you could see the price move trailers, especially at low trading volumes. The same pampers dumps. It all goes into tatters in seconds.

Askr:
Interesting idea that traders do not move the price

Given that market makers are essentially traders, the idea is nonsense from all sides.

Peter's reasoning about CME is about the same level as that of OOP - he's picked up the basics, got most of it wrong, drew delusional conclusions and with aplomb has dumped them on the forum pretending to be an expert.

TheXpert:

Given that market makers are essentially traders, the idea is delusional from all sides.

Peter's reasoning about CME is about the same level as about OOP - he picked up the basics, got most of it wrong, drew delusional conclusions and with aplomb has dumped them on the forum looking like an expert.

Says the man with the nickname TheXpert)).

If the exchange and MM had acted according to Peter's algorithm, the traders would have known where this criminal alliance was taking them and acted exactly the opposite. And then MM would have merged))

Реter Konow:
Says the man with the nickname TheXpert.)
И?

TheXpert:
И?
Well, since the man calls himself an expert, he should be listened to).

Реter Konow:
Well, if a person calls himself an expert, he should be listened to).

you even have flawed logic.

First of all, my nickname has nothing to do with the conversation.

Secondly, you call me an expert, not me. I have enough brains not to associate the nickname with competence.

And if anything, I am an expert in trading compared to you.

Every topic sooner or later comes to this conclusion.
This is not a community, it is a gathering of opposition.
It is impossible to achieve anything here, you immediately start getting kicked around.
Few people take a calm approach to accessible explanations.
No one picks up any ideas; the author usually gets a good kicking right away.

Andrey Gladyshev:
Every topic sooner or later comes to this conclusion.
This is not a community, it is a gathering of opposition.
It is impossible to achieve anything here, they start kicking you straight away.
Few people take a calm approach to accessible explanations.
Nobody picks up any ideas, the author usually gets a good kicking right away.

That's how this world develops: "In the unity and struggle of opposites". That's not my phrase )) Otherwise, there would be no development. In ancient Greece (Athens back then), every citizen could propose their own law. But within a year, with the negative consequences of adopting that law, he was in charge.Any idea should be based on realities, not speculation and intentions. This is a stock trading thread, not a conspiracy thread. In contrast to all kinds of DTs, at the stock exchange everything is clearly regulated, regularly checked and consistent with common sense, if only because it is in the interest of the state itself. Moreover, exchange trading rules are (+-) the same in all countries and are not that difficult to learn.

Reason: