Indicator test

Dear Friends,

We can test our EA in our MT4 terminal for back test. Is there any way to check indicator movement for back test in MT4 terminal? 

If is there, please advice.

Thanks, 

nirob76:

Dear Friends,

We can test our EA in our MT4 terminal for back test. Is there any way to check indicator movement for back test in MT4 terminal? 

If is there, please advice.

Thanks, 

Hi Pankaj

It depends on the indicator. If it uses any multi currency or some types of multi timeframe in the code, they won't work properly in the MT4 tester. If they don't use multi code, they'll work fine. 

If you don't want to test them with a particular EA, create an empty EA "simulator". Just go into MetaEditor and create a new EA with the wizard, leaving all of the parameters blank. Compile it and load into the tester. Make sure you're in "visual" mode and just drop your indicator on the chart. Voilà!

One more note: the new build of MT4 (777) now has an option in the tester to load either an EA or an Indicator. I haven't tested it yet but I assume if you have build 777 you can skip the last step and just load it straight into the tester.

Cheers
Stu

Filter:

Hi Pankaj

It depends on the indicator. If it uses any multi currency or some types of multi timeframe in the code, they won't work properly in the MT4 tester. If they don't use multi code, they'll work fine. 

If you don't want to test them with a particular EA, create an empty EA "simulator". Just go into MetaEditor and create a new EA with the wizard, leaving all of the parameters blank. Compile it and load into the tester. Make sure you're in "visual" mode and just drop your indicator on the chart. Voilà!

One more note: the new build of MT4 (777) now has an option in the tester to load either an EA or an Indicator. I haven't tested it yet but I assume if you have build 777 you can skip the last step and just load it straight into the tester.

Cheers
Stu

Dear,

Thanks a lot for your excellent feedback.

I had applied your first option and dropped the indicator on the chart and review the movement. Its easy way and simply the best.

Thanks & Rgds. 

nirob76:

Dear,

Thanks a lot for your excellent feedback.

I had applied your first option and dropped the indicator on the chart and review the movement. Its easy way and simply the best.

Thanks & Rgds. 

Good stuff. I'll be interested to see how the new build works with testing indicators. May give it a go this weekend....

Filter:
Good stuff. I'll be interested to see how the new build works with testing indicators. May give it a go this weekend....
I am using Exness broker and we have version 4.0, build 765, So its not possible to test as like EA. Hope will get build 777 very soon.

nirob76:
I am using Exness broker and we have version 4.0, build 765, So its not possible to test as like EA. Hope will get build 777 very soon.

Yeah I'm not sure when build 777 is set for public release but you can get it now through the MQ demo server. See here for instructions:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Rent Market Products and Save Your Money!

Filter, 2015.03.05 23:35

In MT4, go to open a new account in the file menu. When it brings up a list of servers, click to add a new server and just type in metaquotes. It will then scan for and find the metaquotes demo server. Open a new demo account and log in.

Keep an eye on the journal tab and you should see something like "new version available". It will then begin to download in the background. It may take a while to download. Just keep watching the "connection" area at the bottom right, you'll see it downloading as the Kb counter ticks away. I can't remember if it tells you that it's finished downloading or not.

Once you think it has finished (I left mine for about 10 mins), shut down MT4 and restart. It should then begin updating itself (will take around 10 seconds to start). You can confirm you have the new version by checking the journal (you'll see the update process) and finally, by clicking help-> about. 

Filter:

Yeah I'm not sure when build 777 is set for public release but you can get it now through the MQ demo server. See here for instructions:

Thanks a lot. Let me try and if necessary for any help, will knock you sure.

Filter:

As per your instruction, tried. But I am not sure its done correctly or not.

First I had open my MT4 terminal > Open new account > Search metaquotes (and got) > account open with details > log in my account,

but I did not rcvd any update information, its old version running. Nothing new found. 

See the image, Thanks. 

Files:
MT4.jpg  177 kb

nirob76:

As per your instruction, tried. But I am not sure its done correctly or not.

First I had open my MT4 terminal > Open new account > Search metaquotes (and got) > account open with details > log in my account,

but I did not rcvd any update information, its old version running. Nothing new found. 

See the image, Thanks. 

That is strange, looks like you are connected. I just tried again on a fresh install and it updated fine. The only thing I noticed is they've released a new build (778) - maybe you just happened to log in when they were updating? Please try again and let me know if it works.

Chees

Filter:
That is strange, looks like you are connected. I just tried again on a fresh install and it updated fine. The only thing I noticed is they've released a new build (778) - maybe you just happened to log in when they were updating? Please try again and let me know if it works.

Chees

Again tried and open new account, several times restart my terminal but did not get any update information. Maybe something wrong with me, My bad luck.

Thanks. 

Hello Sir,

Finally got the update from my broker. Just few minutes back when open my terminal, got the message to upgrade and followed the same.

I am using Exness and got the update Build 778,

Already checked in the back test section, here Indicator test option is now available. Looks great and really helpful.

Thanks to you for keep us updating and cooperating.

You also great. Take care.

Thanks.

Attached: Image screenshot. 

Files:
Reason: