What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 6

Yuriy Asaulenko:

No programming language at all and a full-fledged API. No problem - whichever one likes, that's what one writes in.

The tester can be left on, for poor people.

+ a million times

Yuriy Asaulenko:

No programming language at all and a full-fledged API. No problem - whichever one likes, that's what one writes in.

The tester can be left alone, for the lame.

I would like to connect to the source of kotir, and that plugins do not blows my mind.

Or maybe it's some kind of commercial move by someone else, I won't say for sure, but ...

If you want to close/open an order, you have to send a pip or two through a brokerage company with requotes.

Not enough spread, swaps

or

What a mess!

Igor Makanu:

Peter, you're past it as usual.... The topic of multicurrency Expert Advisors has long been stalled, rare shots don't count - there's an effect that if something is missing you have to have it, the same goes for multicurrency TS - they couldn't be properly tested in MT4, but you really wanted to, MT5 appeared - after a few years there was little interest in multicurrency TS...

We are talking about the quality of tick data modelling, about the speed of optimization in MT5!

i will repeat once again, the problem is in the platform itself, it is very inconvenient to receive data in MQL code from the environment, what is written in MT4 in 10-15 lines, in MT5 it will take 1.5-2 times more.... I have a feeling that MT5 terminal was developed by another company or a third-party terminal, I can write for MT5, but I don't feel like writing extra code ))))

Simplify the language of MQL5. The implementation of access to the market environment as in MT4, so that it would be convenient to obtain the data in the MQL code. Reduce the required lines of code due to the platform's own complication, and not due to the load of the intelligence with library "wrappers" which need to be studied by a user. How's that?

Реter Konow:

Simplify MQL5 language. Implement access to the market environment as in MT4, so that it is convenient to get data into MQL code. Reduce the required lines of code due to our own complication within the platform, and not due to the load of intelligence with library "wrappers", which need to be studied by a user. How's that?

Nah. It would be enough if they made decent documentation on these libraries.

Реter Konow:

1. Removing contrivances means simplifying. Abstract, but understandable.

2. why won't anyone give a shit about forex any time soon?

1. Remove plug-ins

2. because programming is not a hobby and not for the beauty of the core-engine, but to make money. However, I'm personally 100% sure that the robots are run at a loss.

//3. It has become easier to make money with our hands, I would even say elementary!

//that's why it doesn't make any difference what platform it's on

Yuriy Asaulenko:

No programming language at all and a full-fledged API. No problem - whatever you like, that's what you write in.

The tester can be left for the poor.

It will not be possible to massively distribute programs through the market or codebase. Everything will become unsafe. The community will lose one of its foundations, the ability to distribute (for a fee or free) closed source code. Other companies will take advantage of the public's tendency to trust MT software, and will write viruses and Trojans under the guise of EAs. You can't.(

Реter Konow:

You can't mass-distribute software through a marketplace or codebase. Everything would become insecure. The community will lose one of its foundations, the ability to distribute (for a fee or free) proprietary code. Other companies will take advantage of the public's tendency to trust MT software, and will write viruses and Trojans under the guise of EAs. You can't.(

Peter, already many terminals, if not most, work through APIs, and all are still alive and well, and no problems.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Peter, many, if not most, terminals already operate through API, and all are still alive and well, and no problems.)

There is no established practice of distributing and selling software. Everyone writes for himself. So they are not the first, but the second, third, etc.. And it will continue, if we do not go their way.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Nah. It would be enough if they made decent documentation on these libraries.

I see. Decent documentation on MT5 libraries.

In the current situation there will never be a mass migration from MT4 to MT5:)

A huge amount of code is written and used under MT4, plus the ease of operation and habit.

The transition is only possible with full compatibility of the code written for MT4 and MT5 in a new version of the terminal, for example in the 6-th. And gradual unification of the code.

Reason: