Is the advisor ordered on a turnkey basis or in parts? - page 2

cherymen:

Dear colleagues, Good afternoon!
I ask for advice. I ask both to the developers and those who order/order Expert Advisors.

Not so long ago I ordered an EA based on a custom indicator (also needed to be developed) and a trading panel to manually open trades (also needed to be developed) when needed.

The problem is the following. The author seemed to have a good reputation and started to do the job. I had a lot of questions about the idea (algorithm) of the Expert Advisor (even though I asked this question several times before opening the order and the author answered that everything was clear). All questions were discussed and everything was explained.

Then I developed a preliminary sample of the Expert Advisor, which met the requirements of the Terms of Reference by 30%. Then arbitration and a refund in my favour.

Without going into details, I would like to ask-

The problem arose through the fault of the developer, who thought that doing a half-assed job would be acceptable.

or

the problem arose because I overloaded the requirements specification with details and combined the 3 processes into one (1.Expert Advisor; 2.indicator, on the basis of which the Expert Advisor makes decisions; 3. trading panel).

Your advice is needed, so I would not get stuck with another order for 3 months without getting the result.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. If anyone interested in attaching the terms of reference.

Well, I would advise you to make an indicator first. See how it works, because there may also lurk problems and appear that you have not thought. If the indicator works as it should and there are no questions, you can make owl and panel. Well, the choice of developer is a difficult ... you have to try everything, but it's time and money down the drain. Or get advice from experienced customers.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

However, 8 out of 10 are not smart enough to do so. And their implementation does not guarantee that they will pass validation, there are also a number of nuances that need to be known and constantly applied to EAs to rule out errors.

Any EA that is not able to pass the simplest validation does not have enough checks for work in the market.
Thus, any advisor that hasn't passed the validation is not allowed to be placed in an account in any case.
The only exception is errors like "No trade operations", but it's just an exception.

A normal developer writes correct code right away and does not have to "shove" anything into the code to pass the automatic validation. A normal developer simply cannot write badly.
Validation is one of the basic mandatory steps of the testing cycle before sending an EA to the customer. It is just an extra check to see if anything is missing.
If you are baiting your customers, that's your problem.
Did I get it right that you are providing your customers with a code that is ready for the tester only?

Of course it is, that's what it was designed for.
What is an EA? A program that performs trade operations according to its algorithm.
If it can't perform trade operations correctly - what a pity for this program and its author.
This is what the validation shows.

Validation is running the algorithm in the tester and opening positions. The checks are minimal in order to sift out really childish mistakes. You can write a stupid Expert Advisor for the Strategy Tester and it will pass validation, or you can write a serious product with complex logic and it will not pass validation. So, its passing does not speak of the programmer's experience. In a word, not at all.

One more thing... It would be good to introduce such a clause in the rules, that when arbitrating on the task, which the performer clearly did not read - to impose penalties on the executor)) Something like that.

Joke

cherymen:

Thank you in advance!

P.S. If anyone is interested I am attaching the terms of reference.

I assume that your fault is that a small budget was set. Respectively, the fault of the developer is that he grabbed the job without specifying the details ... say, what can be difficult in a project for $ 30, at one time two ... So it's on your side of the economy (my assumption), on his inattention.

Alexey Viktorov:

And yet any of these 8 can ask a question on the forum, ask for help from the hall and they will do it for a thank you to make the validation a success. So what's the point of validation???

but they don't do it )

Artyom Trishkin:
Validation is the passing of the algorithm in the tester with the opening of positions. The checks are minimal in order to sift out completely childish mistakes. A stupid Expert Advisor can be written for the Strategy Tester and it will pass validation, or a serious product with complex logic can be written and it will not pass validation. So, its passing does not speak of the programmer's experience. In a word, not at all.

If the checks are written correctly, even a complex algorithm can be easily validated. This also shows the experience of the programmer.

I wrote about exceptions like No Trade Operations. A complex algorithm won't have any other errors. And no one orders such Expert Advisors in freelance programs that have only this.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

But they don't.)

It happens sometimes.

And this validation is not an indicator.

There is a very, very simple way to pass validation.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There is a very, very simple way to pass validation.

Dmitry, that's what it's all about, they are so illiterate/lazy that they don't even do it).
What to say about rest of code then?

Yes, presence of validation is not an indicator, by no means. If validation is passed, there may be so much rubbish in the code that one can hardly believe it.
But if a developer does not even bother to write the code so that it could pass through validation (without any tricks), it says a lot about the developer.

The developer did the work "Refinement of the Expert Advisor to pass the Market Checks".

And then it turned out to be like a Vysotsky song

And there's the homemaker, Rudik, he's got a Grundig receiver.
He spins it at night, picks it up, the contra, the F.R.G.
He was a schmooze merchant there, and he's gone mad,
He came to us with his stomach in a state of agitation.
And with his stomach in turmoil and his number on his foot.

He came running, excited as if he'd already been a scientific barker,
"as if our scientific liner were already in a triangle.
"The ship's gone, fuel wasted, it's all in pieces,
But our two mad brothers were picked up by fishermen.

Those who survived the cataclysm are pessimistic,
They were brought to the hospital in a glass prism yesterday.
And one of them, a mechanic, told us, having escaped from his nannies,
That the Bermuda polyhedron is the unenclosed center of the earth.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

If the checks are written correctly, even a complex algorithm can be easily validated. This, too, shows the experience of the programmer.

I wrote about exceptions like No trade Operations. A complex algorithm won't have any other errors. And you don't order such Expert Advisors in freelancing that will be the only one.
To pass the validation, you need a minimum of programming experience and the ability to read the articles and the help. But that's not experience. It's strange that for you this is a criterion of experience and an invitation to rave and praise. I'd like to see your codes...
Reason: