My approach. The core is the engine. - page 165

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I guess so. But if a GUI, that's another file, and that's not possible in the market.

Maybe so. I don't know. But I think this issue is solvable, if Pyotr has something of value.
You will need to send one file to the marketplace, you don't need to send the engine, and it will work without the engine.
Peter, or am I misunderstanding something?

Nikolai Semko:
Maybe . I don't know. But I think this issue is solvable if Peter has something of value.
You will need to send a single file to the marketplace, you don't need to send the engine, and it will work without the engine.
Pyotr, or am I misunderstanding something?

You got it right, Nikolay. The Expert Advisor works without the engine. The engine creates the GUI of the EA as soon as the EA is placed on a separate chart and receives commands from it. The engine can switch between different EAs. When switching, it simply reloads the other core from a text file. It can be left in place altogether, but allocate a separate chart and keep it there at all times.

There is an idea to save the user from having to lug the kernel file everywhere for the engine to download. When producing a GUI, the constructor produces a kernel file. Instead of saving to a file, the constructor can save the kernel to a resource and write a connection string for that resource in the Conventional Properties file. When the user connects the created Connexion Properties file, this resource with the kernel will be integrated when initializing their EA. Then, when connecting to the engine, the latter will simply read the resource with the kernel from the EA and play the GUI. Thus, there will be no need to lug files with the kernel.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Under current rules, products with additional dependencies cannot be distributed via the marketplace. Furthermore, I suspect this is legally forbidden or rather difficult.

External ex* libraries cannot be used, including those that do not contain calls to the dll. However, indicators, such as Peter's engine, are not subject to this restriction.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

External ex* libraries cannot be used, including those that do not contain calls to the dll. However, this limitation does not apply to indicators, such as Peter's engine.

I was specifically interested in this question by asking the service-desk marketplace. The answer was quite clear, though not very happy :-) the Market's product must be a thing-in-itself and not require installation of any other components. All necessary indicators and libraries should be crammed inside via Resources.

Which is logical - a person bought a product and the product (and all its claims) should be immediately available without extra work.
And there was no situation when some dependency was updated, but the Expert Advisor fell off :-)

And in general, trading is:

my income - "core - engine"

;)

Реter Konow:
There's an idea to save the user from having to lug the kernel file everywhere so that the engine can upload it. When producing a GUI, the constructor produces a kernel file. Instead of saving to a file, the constructor can save the kernel to a resource and write a string to connect this resource in the kernel properties file. When the user connects the created Connexion Properties file, this resource with the kernel will be integrated when initializing their EA. Then, when connecting to the engine, the latter will simply read the resource with the kernel from the EA and play the GUI. Thus, there will be no need to drag the kernel files.
Oh man, I thought that's how it's implemented. Of course, what is the point of carrying configuration files with you?
And imagine, Peter, you can also cram the engine into one common ex* file as a class.
And no six-winged seven*s :))

Nikolai Semko:
Oh, gosh, I thought it's implemented in your way. Of course, what's the point of carrying around your configuration files.
And imagine, Peter, you can also cram the engine into one common ex* file as a class.
And no six-winged seven*s :))

Can you describe it in more details? How, what and why.

Nikolai Semko:
And imagine, Peter, you could also cram the engine into one common ex* file as a class.

Nikolai, if you're suggesting opening up the engine code for everyone to put it in the EA, then I've thought about it. Alas, that would put a limit on the development of the engine. Everything would happen in a single application thread, which would limit the resources used and most of the benefits that can be achieved by parallelising the computation would be lost. Additionally, the users will start to make changes to the engine and distribute modified versions, which will create chaos and new development problems.

Therefore, the idea is good in theory, but in practice, alas...(.

Реter Konow:

Nikolai, if you are suggesting opening up the engine code for everyone to put it in the EA, then I have thought about it. Alas, this would put a limit on the development of the engine. Everything would happen in a single application thread, which would limit the resources used and most of the benefits that can be achieved by parallelising the computation would be lost. Additionally, the users will start to make changes to the engine and distribute modified versions, which will create chaos and new development problems.

Therefore, the idea is good in theory, but in practice, alas...(.

Peter, where is the proof?
Where is the research report comparing the execution speed of one program in one ex5 thread (there's even no point in experimenting with ex4) and in two threads?
It was just a hypothetical supposition, which, by the way, was stated for the first time by me ( here) when I didn't manage to get at least one formulation of advantages of your approach from you.
You are already using my hypothesis as a fact.
Personally I admit that there may be an advantage, but purely on intuition (not on knowledge) I bet 75% that it will not give any advantage, since the interaction and data exchange between the two programs is not free, and the processor is one for both ex5. But the answer to this question can only be given by the developers themselves or a qualitative experiment.
Reason: