How to compile Matlab DLL and then connect to MT4?

Hi,

I have a few functions I want to connect to MT4 via dll. This is brand new to me. I believe the MCC version is v711 and Matlab is 2009b. Please tell me step-by-step how to compile/export my functions then import and use in MT4; preferably without using a "wrapper" because I've been told Matlab dlls are "stdcall".

Thank you

skyhr wrote >>

I have a few functions I want to connect to MT4 via dll. This is brand new to me. I believe the MCC version is v711 and Matlab is 2009b. Please tell me step-by-step how to compile/export my functions then import and use in MT4; preferably without using a "wrapper" because I've been told Matlab dlls are "stdcall".

I am not sure this is what u r looking for, but there's an article about MT4 interaction with the Virtual MatLab engine, it has an example of a dll wrapper: Interaction between MеtaTrader 4 and MATLAB Engine (Virtual MATLAB Machine)

Yes, I have looked at this but it uses a wrapper. I was looking for a simpler method.

skyhr:
Yes, I have looked at this but it uses a wrapper. I was looking for a simpler method.

I have used the Matlab 2009b and made a wrapper in Visual Studio 2008 - C++ . It all compiled well and .dll was generated, buuuuuuuuuut unfortunately calling its functions in MT4 was a problem - never worked.

Anybody tried something similar with making a wrapper for Matlab 2009b using the Visual Studio 2008 - C++ and had success ?

Reason: