Discussion of article "Multiple indicators on one chart (Part 02): First experiments"

New article Multiple indicators on one chart (Part 02): First experiments has been published:

In the previous article "Multiple indicators on one chart" I presented the concept and the basics of how to use multiple indicators on one chart. In this article, I will provide the source code and will explain it in detail.

These two functions do exactly what I explained above: they enforce data integrity within the object's class by preventing inconsistent data from becoming part of the class's internal data. They receive a command line and decode it following a predefined syntax,. However, they don't say that the received command has an error, as it is not their purpose. Their purpose is to ensure that inconsistent data does not enter the object and does not cause side effects that can be difficult to detect and fix.

The end result will be as follows:

Author: Daniel Jose

hi sir ,your articles are really good but i cant open the class files , what can i do ? I always get an error

too many errors in your class

João Buta #:

hi sir ,your articles are really good but i cant open the class files , what can i do ? I always get an error

João Buta #:

too many errors in your class

Maybe you didn't really understand the article, since who creates what you see in the article, it's not the code, but the metatrader 5 platform, because of this. I need you to tell me exactly what is being reported by the platform , either by the compiler or when you are going to place the indicator on the chart... 👀👍

Daniel Jose #:

Maybe you didn't really understand the article, since who creates what you see in the article, it's not the code, but the metatrader 5 platform, because of this. I need you to tell me exactly what is being reported by the platform , either by the compiler or when you are going to place the indicator on the chart... 👀👍

here is what I get in the compiler, even though the class file is in the mql5 directory:

Files:

João Buta #:

here is what I get in the compiler, even though the class file is in the mql5 directory:

You modified the structure of the ZIP file, look on line 10, as can be seen in the image you posted, the compiler will look for the header file in this location, however you modified it, so the compiler will not be able to find the file right. Of the two, or you indicate the new location, or keep the structure of the ZIP file

Daniel Jose #:

You modified the structure of the ZIP file, look on line 10, as can be seen in the image you posted, the compiler will look for the header file in this location, however you modified it, so the compiler will not be able to find the file right. Of the two, or you indicate the new location, or keep the structure of the ZIP file

i changed location but the error continues:

Files:

the same for this :

Files:

João Buta #: i changed location but the error continues:

You are messing things up. You placed the "C_TemplateChart.mqh" under the "Include" folder, when the #include is for "Include\Trade\C_TemplateChart.mqh" folder.

Do you know how to code or least have the minimum knowledge about how to compile a multi-file project?

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are messing things up. You placed the "C_TemplateChart.mqh" under the "Include" folder, when the #include is for "Include\Trade\C_TemplateChart.mqh" folder.

Do you know how to code or least have the minimum knowledge about how to compile a multi-file projec

i have minimum knowledge on how to do it . I changed the line but the problem persists

Files:

João Buta #: no i dont

Then, if you don't know how to code or have some minimal knowledge about how to compile a multi-file project, then how do you expect to use this?

This article and its code is aimed at coders/developers who wish to use it as a basis for their own code developments. It is not a final product to be used by end users.

If you want to learn to code, then first start with the basics. Learn your ABC of MQL coding first, as well as read the documentation on MetaEditor. Don't try to "run" with multi-file projects when you still don't know how to take "baby-steps" or even know how to "crawl".

Reason: