Suggestions for MQL syntax - page 8

TheXpert:

I was talking about the native MQL, which is now a mixture of bulldog and rhinoceros, with bugs and defects.

so let's not separate.

I haven't even alluded to the DLL. Several times I appealed to those dissatisfied with the language to post something to the QB. And to accompany this with the words that if MQL could do as well as C++, we could make it even cooler.

Unfortunately, I was not heard. Therefore, as a MQL user, I don't quite understand the sometimes almost aggressive dissatisfaction with the language. I don't exclude that I'm writing primitively. But, unfortunately, I couldn't see the level.

And most importantly, it is not clear what this level is shown on. The only exception is here. But it is somewhat different from algotrading within the platform.

What are the real problems that I encounter or dance with tambourine? Perhaps the level of abstraction is so high and praised by C++ that simpler methods become almost squeamish to use. But then it is a psychological peculiarity of a prof. programmer rather than a general problem.

CCXT на MQL5: Унифицированная библиотека для работы с криптобиржами - альфа-тестирование
CCXT на MQL5: Унифицированная библиотека для работы с криптобиржами - альфа-тестирование
  • www.mql5.com
CCXT, одна из наиболее популярных библиотек для работы с широким набором криптобирж, переводится в среду MetaTrader. CCXT - это CryptoCurrency eXchange Trading Library, доступная в исходных кодах на...

Alexey Navoykov:

The whole question is in the convenience, flexibility and reliability of the resulting code. You must believe that MQL5 is a model of creation. And Peter Konow considers the old MQL4 as a model. Nothing prevents him from implementing his own tasks. Does this mean that there was no need to create MQL5, since MQL4 was enough for the needs of algotrading?

Doesn't mean. Everything in MQL5 is necessary, if professional programmers and developers need it. Such as you. My approach is quite different and it is too non-standard for me to try to offer it for general use. For this purpose MQL4 has more than enough possibilities.

Alexey Navoykov:

The question is in the convenience, flexibility and reliability of the resulting code. You believe that MQL5 is a model of creation. And Peter Konow considers the old MQL4 as a masterpiece. Does this mean that there was no need to create MQL5, since MQL4 was enough for the needs of algotrading?

I clearly felt the limitations of MQL5 some time ago when writing EAs. I do not feel them now. It is strange that the topic of algotrading in MT5 has not been touched upon by you. So it suggests that you are focusing on Market/Freelance.

fxsaber:

Unfortunately, it has not been heard. Therefore, as an MQL user, at the moment I don't quite understand the sometimes almost aggressive dissatisfaction with the language. I don't exclude that I write primitively. But, unfortunately, I was not able to see the level.

Very many people do not understand your statements about custom characters, tester environment and speed, sometimes quite aggressive and dissatisfied.

Does this mean that you should not speak out?

Реter Konow:

Is the word 'counsellor' not an example? AI cries out from the term itself))

Why is fantasy so difficult...) I don't even know how else to explain it...

AI - will be a new level of algotrading.

(Understand - don't care about profits from the Market, you need to develop algotrading independently of it. It's a self-inflicted goal. )

Living for the sake of living, eating for the sake of munching, lying for the sake of lying, barking for the sake of sound, growing for the sake of growing, shitting for the sake of pile.

And who needs such a yapping dog in the yard? Who is interested in it except for itself and its owner?

It's an allegory for your statement.

To create an incomprehensible monster for yourself and that monster, having wasted years of your life, and not to be seen and understood by anyone...

Bummer...

TheXpert:

very many people don't understand your statements about custom characters, the tester environment and speed, sometimes quite aggressive and unhappy.

Does that mean you should not speak out?

It's not about free speech, it's about practical tasks embodied in public code. What's in the KB to look at on the subject of language limitations or proper programming level?

It's funny how times and manners change. When languages were mostly sparse, all they had was if and for and no progress was on the horizon, as soon as you write somewhere - "I wish there was this and there was that...". Then some savvy chick with his fingers spread wide comes along and starts explaining to everyone how they're simpletons who can't do anything, know nothing, and can't do anything...

And how everything is so backwards now. Hilarious. But the "savvy" ones are all the same (from the same club).

Artyom Trishkin:

To create an incomprehensible monster for yourself and that monster, wasting years of your life, and not being seen and understood by anyone...

Bummer...

I liked that statement. ))

Only for some reason reading it makes me feel positive emotions. Let the "monster" be, let the "years" be... But I feel perfectly well).

SZY. you are so versatile in your statements that it seems that there are many of you)) One day you're sweet and kind, the next you're sputtering with malice and bile.

But that's just an allegory for the first part of your post.

fxsaber:

I clearly felt the limitations of MQL5 some time ago when writing EAs. Not at the moment. It is strange that you do not touch the subject of algotrading in MT5. So I have to conclude that trading on Market/Freelance market is what I'm looking for.

Why would I bring up such topics here? This is primarily a site dedicated to a programming language. I.e. I consider it from purely technical side. I don't see the point in discussing trading/algotrading in this forum. For the competence of the bulk here leaves much to be desired, as well as in matters of programming. The result, therefore, will be similar: a bunch of EA developers, who barely know how to tell Bid from Ask, will swoop in and start saying why are you making such complicated deals, I've attached 2 computers and everything is fine, I may have earned a million yesterday.
The site is pretty nouveau riche, no matter how you look at it )

fxsaber:

I clearly felt the limitations of MQL5 some time ago when writing EAs. I don't feel them now.

Strange, what has changed? Usually it is the other way around.
Reason: