How do I create a function to process each millisecond? - page 17

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Understand that being able to see, and being comfortable with perception, are completely different things.

that's the trick - minimal smoothness and comfortable smoothness are two different things.

Justice for All:
Why does motion at 24 fps look jerky with a lack of smoothness?

Although no, put another way: if 24 frames is the ultimate in smoothness because one cannot see more, why can't any technology as of today eliminate the jerking of scenes at 24 frames and 24 hertz refresh?

Question to the two engineers behind 24

Not the maximum, but enough to produce a natural motion effect, providing a comfortable video experience. Where is the jerkiness at 24 fps?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Not the maximum, but enough to produce a natural motion effect, providing a comfortable video experience. Where is the jerking at 24 fps?

I still haven't seen an explanation - what does your belief about interlace/deinterlace say?
where is the 50fps information on the screen coming from?

Taras Slobodyanik:

I still haven't seen an explanation - what does your belief about interlacing/de-interlacing say?
where is the "extra" information on the screen coming from?

You're the one who has some faith about some extra information, and I don't have it there. Do you want me to give you a personal lecture on how interlacing works?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You're the one who has some faith about some extra information, and I don't have it there. Do you want me to give you a personal lecture here on how interlacing works?

yes, please explain what it is and what it's for?

why you can't do without it?
24 full frames is quite enough ;)

Frame on monitor /frame in video

1 / half frame1 and half frame2

2 / half frame2 which was and second half frame2

3 / second half of frame 2 and first half of frame 3 etc.

There are frames that show a whole frame from the video, and in between, half from one frame and half from the other.

ps: I'm starting to feel like a kindergarten employee))

Taras Slobodyanik:

yes, please explain what it is and what it is for?

Why can't you do without it?
because 24 full frames is enough ;)

I wrote above. And you can do without it and have done without it in film projectors, how they work, I gave you a link to an article here.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Frame on monitor /frame in video

1 / half frame1 and half frame2

2 / half frame2 which was and second half frame2

3 / second half of frame 2 and first half of frame 3 etc.

There are frames that show a whole frame from the video, and in between, half from one frame and half from the other.

ps: i'm starting to feel like a kindergarten employee))

ok)

Now the same, but in time, we have 50 half frames per second.

1/50 - we draw half-frame 1.
2/50 - we draw half-frame number 2
3/50 - doodle half-frame #3.
4/50 - drawing of the half-frame No.4

Right?

Then when we want to digitise that video (of the 50 half-frames), we start composing them frame by frame - right?

And here there is a "trap", all these half-frames are different, from different frames (different time intervals)
That is why there is a "comb" - right?

Now the question is, how is it possible that all the half-frames are different?
After all, we have all the standards of 25 frames per second?

Who "draws" these extra half-frames? (+25 frames per second)

The comb appears if the video is interlaced and the monitor is not, on one monitor frame, half the lines from one video frame and half from another.

If the equipment supports interlaced scanning, it's fine. That's why interlaced scanning was invented.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The comb appears if the video is interlaced and the monitor is not, on one monitor frame half of the lines from one video frame and half from another.

If the equipment supports interlaced scanning, it's fine. That's why this interlaced scan was invented.

Uh, so it just appears by itself? Out of nowhere?

The question was, where does 50 half-frames come from?
How does 25 translate into 50? (After all, we have a standard of 25, don't we?)
And why, then,can't a whole frame be made up easily from that?

Reason: