How are you with a market mindset? - page 7

Martin Cheguevara:

the drawdowns in the test are unfortunately unavoidable.

there are only four options:

1. don't risk earning anything

2. take a risk and lose everything

3. make the risk depend on certain statistical parameters of a financial instrument.

4. put money in the bank at interest. which is not profitable with a small deposit, given inflation.

The value of this post is 0.

I was only surprised that the most important indicator, by which different trading systems are often compared, was missing in the test results. And it looks like it was removed for a reason.

Sergey Vradiy:
My reasoning is very simple. I work only with pairs that have a decent positive swap (whether it's long or short). If there is a weekly or monthly extremum in the direction I am interested in, I start trading. Let's assume that it is a long and the price is at its low since the beginning of the year (month), from which it has already moved and there are technical indications of growth continuation. Then I place 3-5 buy orders: slightly below the current price, further below, and further below. If the price goes down again, I will have a few buys. Yes, I will be at a loss, but every night I will get a positive swap on open positions. Usually these losses do not last long: a few days at most, the total drawdown does not exceed 5%-10% of the balance. It may happen that the drawdown lasts longer, during which time the positive swap is accumulated and it reduces the load on the deposit. Then open positions are closed one after another on profit. Profit levels coincide with open levels of superior positions. For example, it is closed at 1.1550, while another position with profit 1.1600 is opened. And so on. I.e. a consequent closing of the order ladder is going on. At the same time in place of the closed positions I again lay down the same exact positions: at the same levels and in the same lots. I.e. I repeatedly examine the growth trajectory. I do not bother with economic news in order not to overload my head with unnecessary information that disturbs trading. The system is simple as hell, but it works, and that is the main thing.

Yes...you're right in fact a positive swap plays a huge role I also noticed that) but what if your orders do not close at profit and the drawdown covers most of your profits, what do you do?

Sergey Savinkin:

I was only surprised that the test results do not include the most important indicator, which is often used to compare different trading systems. It looks like it was removed for a reason.

I didn't remove anything...it's just not in the terminal. Check it yourself in MT4

You can do it as well as anyone else can do it)

Martin Cheguevara:

the drawdowns in the test are unfortunately unavoidable.

there are only four options:

1. don't risk earning anything

2. take a risk and lose everything

3. make the risk depend on certain statistical parameters of a financial instrument.

4. put your money in a bank with interest. which is not profitable with a small deposit, given inflation.

If you are so confident in your system, take a loan from the bank for technical expenses.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

If you are so confident in your system, take out a loan from the bank for technical expenses.

What's that got to do with it?

Martin Cheguevara:

I didn't remove anything...it's just not in the terminal. check it yourself in MT4

Didn't know, I only use MT5. In that case, I apologise for the unfounded suspicion. )

Sergey Savinkin:

I was only surprised that the test results do not include the most important indicator, which is often used to compare different trading systems. It looks like it has been removed for a reason.

I would be glad if you could explain how to calculate it in MT4.

It is such an important parameter that I need to calculate.

I would be very grateful to you, because I have no time to modify it for MT5.

Sergey Savinkin:

I didn't know, I only use MT5. In that case, I apologise for the unfounded suspicion. )

Ahh so just divide the profit by the maximum drawdown)))

Right?

Martin Cheguevara:

What's that got to do with it?

Earlier you wrote:"if there was a free server I'd throw it in there and bluntly give the result. "

But perhaps I misunderstood you.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Earlier you wrote:"if there was a free server I would throw it in there and bluntly give results. "

But perhaps I misunderstood you.

Yes... I meant just to show that it works the same here and there, so as not to be unsubstantiated.

But in the meantime I have to admit that I can't prove anything without it...

Reason: