what happened to the forum? - page 5

Georgiy Merts:

As for the fact that there are a lot of opponents of the PLO, what do you expect? Wherever there is a lot to understand, there will be opponents who will say "we have not been to Tahiti, we are well fed here".

Again about classes-inheritance-polymorphism and so on. Aren't you tired of it? It is already written on every fence about it all).

By the way, all this is not OOP, but only tools. Without the concept-ideology of OOP itself, these tools are dead and mostly useless cargo.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I've already been talked out of it by the authorities here )) and the point is, I'll go on holiday and the thread will go into the dormitory.

i'd rather make some money, i overdid it last night with a drink))

What are these "local bosses" who want a complete lull in the forum?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Again about classes-inheritance-polymorphism, etc. Aren't you tired of it? It's already written about it on every fence).

By the way, all this is not OOP, but only tools. Without the concept-ideology of OOP itself, these tools are dead and mostly useless.

So I have repeatedly spoken about the advantages of the very concept.

Georgiy Merts:

So I've talked more than once about the benefits of the concept.

MQL supports OOP concept in a very limited way, mostly only in terms of some tools. MT-MQL is a closed, self-sufficient (according to the developers) structure (ecosystem - according to the developers). Discussion or application of the concept of OOP in MT-MQL is absolutely futile. And within the framework of classes-inheritance, etc. is not interesting.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Again about classes-inheritance-polymorphism, etc. Aren't you tired of it? It's already written about it on every fence).

By the way, all this is not OOP, but only tools. Without the concept-ideology of OOP itself, these tools are dead and mostly useless.

One should speak about the concepts with those who at least know the base, right?

Artyom Trishkin:
Who are the "local authorities" who want a total lull in the forum?

They don't want a lull, it's OK. By the way, there was a resurgence today. I must have cheated ))))

In general, for there to be a movement, of course, we must give OOP not as a theory, but in the process of product development. But the question immediately arises: what is the benefit for me?

For example, to develop a scalper or a gridiron or something else.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

MQL supports the concept of OOP in a very limited way, mostly only in terms of some tools. MT-MQL is a self-contained, self-sufficient (according to the developers) structure (an ecosystem - according to the developers). Discussion or application of the concept of OOP within the framework of MT-MQL is absolutely futile. And within the framework of - classes-inheritance, etc. is not interesting.

Hmm...

My code can be ported to a C++ platform almost without any changes, I just need to rewrite the basic classes serving trading actions and getting data. At the same time it will not affect writing new Expert Advisors or indicators. Everything is encapsulated in real classes, "on top" - all users have to deal only with virtual interfaces, under which anything can be - MT4, MT5, C++, C#, or any other C-like platform. I don't see what the OOP in MQL would be lacking. You say "futile" ???

Where do you think the "perspective" should be?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

In general, for there to be a move, of course, we must give OOP not as a theory, but in the process of product development. But the question immediately arises: what is the benefit for me?

For example, to develop a scalper, or a gridiron, or something else.

No, well, we could get some benefit, for example, by writing something, commenting on my actions, showing my code through Shared Projects and let those who want to contribute. The only doubt I have is that these very people will be interested.

Georgiy Merts:

Hmm...

My code can be ported to the C++ platform practically unchanged, you only need to rewrite the basic classes serving for trading actions and getting data. At the same time, it won't affect writing new Expert Advisors or indicators. Everything is encapsulated in real classes, "on top" - all users have to deal only with virtual interfaces, under which anything can be - MT4, MT5, C++, C#, or any other C-like platform. I don't see what the OOP in MQL would be lacking. You say "unpromising" ???

What do you think the "perspective" is supposed to be?

It just means that you have enough tools that MT-MQL provides. Well, that's fine.

Reason: