A branch of clever and elusive critics - page 3

Denis Sartakov:

no one has anything to say ?

I think I would be much less frequent on the forum if there was no feedback from the developers. I don't live anywhere else.

I write code here, almost pioneer somewhere, I put it out there. I report bugs.

I can answer almost all questions which are asked on the forum or give my opinion, but I don't always do that. Even when there are only wrong answers.

Sometimes I see strange forum member activities, difficult to explain behaviour etc. Doesn't always work, but more often than not I try not to accentuate it.

If someone called me an M-word weirdo and then some time later posted a good solution, I don't remember the first event at all and pay my respects to the second.

It is not interesting to poke fun at, much less to banter. I rarely read posts with too many letters - it's hard to concentrate and I almost always regret reading them.

If I comment on Articles or KB, I read them, including the code. If I see mistakes, no thoughts of gloating appear, only a desire to help, as I myself very much appreciate it when it is reasonably pointed out where I am wrong.

And also noticed that almost everything on the forum I read diagonally, because I do not believe in the usefulness. But when I see komposter, Rosh and other people I respect no less, I read it in full if it fits with my interests. I like interesting questions.

But it didn't all come at once. I used to be tempted to shoot. And I still couldn't be a Moderator. It is difficult. The competence and behaviour of some Moderators seems to be improving. Or just stopped crossing paths with them, paying attention.

It will never be the same as it was. What's really frustrating is when you find out that someone you knew from the forum is gone.

I applaud Faber.
And in general, I think being offended, even if it's "for a cause", is for wimps.
Practise Neobida!
Save and earn energy, including creative energy.

Nikolai Semko:
I applaud Faber.
In general, I think being offended, even if it's for a cause, is for wimps.
Practise Neobida!
You will save and earn energy, including creative energy.

Seconded.

As a disinterested party I will voice the concerns of a category of forum members who are tied to Market, Freelance, Signals and finance through this resource. I will say up front that not everyone's opinion, of course.

I can't claim 100%, but there's no reason not to trust the information that there was a precedent of people being banned for long periods by moderators (plural doesn't mean anything) and appropriate customer support in Market+Freelance ceased. And disabling the messages also created a serious reputational cost for the banned person, as clients could not contact them via PM. Ie ban hit and hit the money interests of the category of forum users and has a lasting effect even after the removal of the ban.

This thread was created as a result of questions as to why a person who wrote many letters in a critical post to the article was banned. The question arose not even out of solidarity with the banned person or out of a sense of injustice, but because of the emerging feeling that any member of the category of forum members mentioned above may be treated in a similar manner. Such uncertainty makes these people very nervous, which is understandable. At the same time these people for the most part are pros and can share their experiences on the forum. However, some of them have simply stopped posting anything on the forum due to the pent up uncertainty and fear that not everything can be said as you think.

It must be very hard to depend on someone else's will like that, especially when it doesn't always lend itself to comprehensible logic. Problems of unfair bans are certainly being solved. But the time-consuming factor in such decisions incurs the costs that I wrote about above.

It has come to the point that because of the harsh words of the dissatisfied began to play a role factor in personal attitudes.

I myself have a rich history of bans. There are even those when from under the ban in "ghost mode" posted in KB. But it's much easier for me: I'm not tied to Market/Freelance. The designated category of forum users, on the other hand, are really uncomfortable. There may not be many of them, but they are there. And some of them used to write sensible things on the forum.

I have noticed that some sellers have no forum posts at all. They probably have lefty accounts for the forum, goodness it's not hard. You can use the Frigate plugin in Chrome, for example. But such slippery methods of adapting to current realities are probably not the best solution.

What to do - I don't know. But it seemed right to me to voice this situation as some disinterested view of one side of the coin. I am sure that the other side also deserves to be analysed, but I know nothing about it. And I am sure that there are sellers who are fine with it.

interesting and the name of the branch:

A branch of clever and elusive critics

it immediately brings to mind a newspaper article from famous times

What Vladimir Vysotsky is singing about

Nikolai Semko:
And in general I think that to be offended, even if it's "for a cause" is for wimps.

First of all, not everyone is willing to go through two lifetime bans and a bunch of smaller ones and continue to be an active member of the community.

Secondly, the conversation is not about being offended, but about the attitude towards the community and the spirit of the forum.

Комбинатор:

First of all, not everyone is willing to go through two lifetime bans and a bunch of smaller bans and continue to be an active member of the community.

Secondly, the conversation is not about being offended, but about the attitude towards the community and the spirit of the forum.

And why are you here if everything is so bad?

Mickey Moose:

and why are you here if it's so bad?

Yes, indeed!

suitcase, train station, Maldives !

Well, here's the answer. Two trolls on a short interval.

Алексей Тарабанов:
Well, here's the answer. Two trolls at short intervals.

What's with the trolls? I, for one, am a very serious guy.

Reason: