Writing an article on "How to write a TOR for a trading robot" - page 3

Rashid Umarov:

While I want to understand what types of EAs are ordered, which ones can be categorised

• Martingale
  • Anti-Martingale
  • Grid
  • Multicurrency
  • Scalper
  • etc.

What are the options in Freelance?

I have never had a scalper or a multi-currency scalper ordered more often than others. Well, maybe one for binary options can be considered a scalper at a stretch. Also add based on recognition of candlestick patterns, a dead but trendy topic.

And a whole bunch of EAs with algorithms from the loony bin. The chart is drawn with unbelievable lines based on some kind of cabal, no other way. Then they calculate crossovers, which makes no sense, and place orders on them. I don't even know how to classify such orders.

Galina Bobro:

1. I've never seen a wrong category

2. the customers often don't know the terms, there is another way to put it. I would also like a broker, if it is a specific account. For example for MT4 I have seen ECN accounts where order may be divided by broker, BOO where you have to indicate the comment and so on may have peculiarities. Mt5 - basically it is a stock exchange or not, if it is not forex, then it is better to test at the specified broker immediately.

3. I haven't seen it, I think people who think about it do. If you have not met the brokers, it is better to test them at once on the specified broker. 3.

I have not seen any problems with 4.5 either. I have not seen any problems here.

I now propose to make a universal one for two platforms for additional charge. If you tell your clients about the advantages of MT5, they usually agree with me.

------------------

To Rashid: I remember, the other day I was asked to make an EA, based on the neural network and machine learning, from the English part of the forum. Add it to the list of EA types. Rejected, as I am not very good at it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

More often than not, it's a martin and a grid, personally I've never had a scalper or a multi-currency one. Well, maybe one for binary options can be considered a scalper with a stretch. Also add based on recognition of candlestick patterns, a dead but trendy topic.

And a whole bunch of EAs with algorithms from the loony bin. The chart is drawn with unbelievable lines based on some kind of cabala, no other way. Then they calculate crossovers, which makes no sense, and place orders on them. I don't even know how to classify such orders.

I would ask, if there is an order for this kind of crap, it means everything is checked initially)

HBT29:

I'd ask, if there's an order for that sort of thing, then it's checked out from the start)

What's that got to do with you? I have a dozen loonies sitting in VK, the last order includes a 56-page ToR with a strategy for bondage. Didn't even read it.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What's that got to do with you? I've got a dozen loonies sitting in VK, my last order included a 56-page ToR with a cabal strategy. Didn't even read it.

Lazy...

Rashid Umarov:
The concept of the article is still being rethought.

Probably should start with the title - from what you have described above, it would be a primer on EAs rather than a reference on drafting TOR

---

As for ToR.

Let's not talk about subjective experience of the service user, we proceed from elementary logic:

1. Who knows EAs better, the average customer or the programmer working full time?

2. the answer to question #1 begets the answer to #2 - who should be responsible for preparing TOR, so that both parties (and in the local service - all three) would have less hassle?

3 The answer to question #2 leads to the answer to question 3 - who should the TOR article be aimed at?

Maybe teaching a hundred customers to write TOR is not as productive as teaching one programmer who serves this hundred and is better prepared?

Perhaps an article on preparing the TOR should remind the programmer what questions he/she should not forget to ask the customer. In what sequence and in what wording they must be asked so as not to confuse the 'customer' and so that he himself does not forget about his superidea in the process. What are the options for answering the questions that can be offered to the customer, etc.

In general, yes. The article should be about how to write the TOR for the robot, so that it is understood by the programmer and is logically correct.

The TOR should clearly describe everything - the set-up, the trend, the signal to enter, how to delete/close orders, the lifetime of signals/positions, calculation of lots, and so on.

Alexander Puzanov:

Probably should start with the title - from what you have described above, it would be a primer on EAs rather than a reference on drafting TOR

---

As for ToR.

Let's not talk about subjective experience of the service user, we proceed from elementary logic:

1. Who knows EAs better, the average customer or the programmer working full time?

2. the answer to question #1 begets the answer to #2 - who should be responsible for preparing TOR, so that both parties (and in the local service - all three) would have less hassle?

3 The answer to question #2 leads to the answer to question 3 - who should the TOR article be aimed at?

Maybe teaching a hundred customers to write TOR is not as productive as teaching one programmer who serves this hundred and is better prepared?

Perhaps an article on preparing the TOR should remind the programmer what questions he/she should not forget to ask the customer. In what sequence and in what wording they must be asked so as not to confuse the 'customer' and so that he himself does not forget about his superidea in the process. What options for answering the questions can be offered to the customer, etc.

Will the client be willing to pay for the TOR? I have a feeling that customers believe that this is such a small thing that should go as a bonus to the job. And given the average cost of an order of $50, it is quite a lot for food.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Would the client be prepared to pay for the TOR? I have a feeling that customers think this is a small thing that should go as a bonus to the job. And given the average order price of $50, that works out to be quite a chunk of change.

It's a complicated issue. When you order the installation of doors, measurement and departure of the master is free, but on the condition that they will install it.

Here the issue is resolved at the level of: money for the TOR in advance, but if you will write the program, then this amount is included in the cost of the program. If the customer left to someone else, you are left with the amount for the terms of reference.

The only question is how many of the 100 freelancers will actually be able to write the terms of reference competently, it's not like hammering a nail into a board, although it does take ability.

P.S. Half of freelancers cannot distinguish orders from positions, closing from deleting ...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The question is complicated. When you order door installation, there is no charge for measurements and a supervisor's visit, but on the condition that they are the ones who will install it.

Here the issue is resolved at a level: the money for the ToR up front, but if you write the programme, then this amount is included in the cost of the programme. If the customer left to someone else, you are left with the amount for the terms of reference.

The only question is how many of the 100 freelancers will really be able to write TOR competently, this is not a nail in the board, although even here you need the ability.

P.S. Half the freelancers cannot distinguish orders from positions, closing from deleting ...

Measurements and travel are included in the cost of the work, this is the part that the client can not do himself, well, no way. But how much do you think it costs to write TOR, say, 7-10 pages in Word with pictures? This is for the adviser of average size, roughly.

P.S. I have long had one mistake. My client wanted to create a distributed system of managing traders, but had no idea how to do this. We agreed that I would describe the principle, it was not even a ToR, but a technical sketch. And then we would go into freelancing and start work there.

I have described everything, and the next day I see, this document is my freelance job and the price is about $100. Of course, no one took the job for that penny, but it was unpleasant. No more free preliminary TORs now.

Reason: