Canvas is cool! - page 29

Nikolai, I would have responded.

Darirunu:
What is the real profit of this chip? Does it help you find patterns on the price chart that would help you trade?

This forum is not only for traders and brokers, but also for programmers. And this thread is only for programmers.
Kanvas is a powerful tool for visualization of any processes and data for programmers who createprograms for traders.

Answer yourself - is visualisation important to you? Is it more pleasant and productive for you as a trader to trade: when you see only changing numbers on the screen or a changing chart?

Алексей Тарабанов:
Nikolai, I would respond.

Feedback

Nikolai Semko:

There are a lot of options depending on what kind of video you want to capture. Just what happens in the live window in the window with mouse pointer, indicators, objects, GUI ? Or something else?

The question is how to save kanvas to bmp file. I know how to do it, but I have a question how to save a sequence of drawing kanvas to a video file.

Andrey Dik:

There is a way to save the contents of a canvas to a bmp file, and I know how to do it, but the question is how to save a sequence of drawn canvas to a video file in the same way.

Well, it's just a matter of technique. There are a lot of different codecs. You don't even have to study codecs, you can make up your own.
A picture is a two-dimensional array, although it is represented by a one-dimensional array. If you pack the picture as a one-dimensional array, it will be less efficient than packing as a two-dimensional array, due to the fact that each line is "similar" to its neighbour and neighbouring points in two directions are logically connected as a rule.
Video is a three-dimensional array, although it is represented by a one-dimensional array. The same analogy - it is more effective to pack a three-dimensional array rather than a set of packed two-dimensional frames.
This is exactly what happens in modern codecs. The field of creativity here is vast, which is why there are so many codecs.
Can you imagine how difficult it is to explain in words the algorithm of packing a three-dimensional array, where each point is logically connected with its neighbour. That's why I said it's difficult.

But in this case when I know the algorithm of canvas forming frame by frame, object by object, I don't need to pack anything, I just have to record the sequence of objects appearing and changing.
This will be the most effective compaction. And then only play back this recording at the desired speed.

That's why vector images always take much less space than their bitmapped counterparts and are scalable without any loss of quality. What prevents you from creating vector videos? After all, that's how it works in 3D toys.

Nikolai Semko:

Well, it's just a matter of technique. There are a lot of different codecs. You don't even have to study codecs, you can make up your own.
A picture is a two-dimensional array, although it is represented by a one-dimensional array. If you pack the picture as a one-dimensional array, it will be less efficient than packing as a two-dimensional array, due to the fact that each line is "similar" to a neighboring one and neighboring points in two directions are logically connected as a rule.
Video is a three-dimensional array, although it is represented by a one-dimensional array. The same analogy - it is more effective to pack a three-dimensional array rather than a set of packed two-dimensional frames.
This is exactly what happens in modern codecs. The field of creativity here is vast, which is why there are so many codecs.
Can you imagine how difficult it is to explain in words the algorithm of packing a three-dimensional array, where each point is logically connected with its neighbour. That's why I said it's difficult.

But in this case when I know the algorithm of canvas forming frame by frame, object by object, I don't need to pack anything, I just have to record the sequence of objects appearing and changing.
This will be the most effective compaction. And then only play back this recording at the desired speed.

This is why vector images always take up much less space than their bitmap counterparts and are scalable without loss of quality. What prevents you from creating vector videos? After all, that's how it works in 3D toys.

Vector (procedural) video? - Sure, but you can't put such a video on YouTube, the prerequisite for such video is an MT runtime.

Of course, such video can't be created using standard means... Of course, you can stream (by emulating a video camera) and record with any video editor, but it is easier to use any screen-coder without noticeable loss of quality.

Too bad.

Nikolai Semko:

This forum is not only for traders and brokers, but also for programmers. And this thread is only for programmers.
Kanvas is a powerful tool for visualization of any processes and data for programmers who create programs for traders.

Answer yourself - is visualisation important to you? Is it more pleasant and profitable for you as a trader to trade: when you see only changing numbers on the screen, or a changing chart?

What will amoving chart giveto a trader? What information will it give to them? What kind of regularities may they find? Please, give an example.

Andrey Dik:

vector (procedural) video? - It is not a problem, but you cannot put such a video on YouTube, to put it mildly, for such a video the prerequisite is an executable environment - MT.

Of course, such video can't be created using standard means... Of course, you can stream (by emulating a video camera) and record with any video editor, but it is easier to use any screen-coder without noticeable loss of quality.

Too bad.

You can save video in any format you like.
You asked a question about the ability to record video. I replied that you can.
I didn't say anything about implementation.
Of course, there are no standard means because this product (MT5) has quite a different task.
Of course, you must be highly motivated to get involved in such an implementation, but this is utopia because of the complexity and vastness of the task.
Moreover, there really are absolutely working tools for video screen recording. I, for example, use Camtasia 9 (although there are better alternatives).
FYI: TechSmith, the company that developed Camtasia Studio has annual revenues of over 50 million USD.
Personally, I have no desire to compete with that company.
Strange that such a question came from the mouth of an experienced developer, and why are you not satisfied with numerous screen decoders.

Nikolai Semko:

You can save video in any format you want.
You asked a question about the ability to record video. I said you could.
I didn't say anything about implementation.
Of course, there are no standard means because this product (MT5) has quite a different task.
Of course, you must be highly motivated to get involved in such an implementation, but this is utopia because of the complexity and vastness of the task.
Moreover, there really are absolutely working tools for video screen recording. I, for example, use Camtasia 9 (although there are better alternatives).
FYI: TechSmith, the company that developed Camtasia Studio has annual revenues of over 50 million USD.
Personally, I have no desire to compete with that company.
Strange that such a question came from the mouth of an experienced developer, and why are you not satisfied with numerous screen decoders.

Do you really not understand the question?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Do you really not understand the question?

Why do you think so?
Reason: