ATcl - Tcl interpreter for MT4 - page 3

great stuff, goes really well with the 4

Is there a continuation of the theme with more examples?

I'm expecting... the old site will be back :-) because everything is gone :-) I got my domain stolen (I think you know about it). I must now redeem, and only through pipal and all hands do not come to this, because it seems that pajpalomu practically do not use in everyday practice

I also sketched an example for web-socket, but it did not work with jumping. I mean it worked, but not quite as it should be: if I open separate thread, it works, but not in native MT4 thread. This should not be the case and I will post an example (and obviously a new version with fixes for this problem).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Expect...the old site will only return :-) otherwise everything is missing somewhere :-) Rusted my domain (I think you are aware of it). I must now redeem, and only through pipal and all hands do not come to this, because perhaps that pajpalomu practically do not use in everyday practice

I also sketched an example for web-socket, but it did not work with jumping. I mean it worked, but not quite as it should be: if I open separate thread, it works, but not in native MT4 thread. This should not be the case and I will post an example (and obviously a new version with fixes for this problem).

Maxim, good to hear from you! Yes, I remember about your problem with the site. ((( I wish you to successfully solve all problems as soon as possible!

Due to domain problems, the project page has been moved to http://nektomk.ru/atcl:start

It is a pity that the original post (the post at the beginning of the forum thread) cannot be edited. The links should have been corrected there

ATcl
  • nektomk.ru
Рад представить вам библиотеку ATcl v1 beta - интерпретатор Tcl для MT4. Расширяте возможности ваших программ MQL, используйте СУБД, дополняйте сетевыми средствами, интегрируйте их с любыми программами используя Tcl.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Due to domain problems, the project page has been moved to http://nektomk.ru/atcl:start

Too bad the original post (post at the beginning of the forum thread) cannot be edited. The links should have been corrected there

Hi! Well, the information has been restored, which is already nice. )))

A new version is being actively prepared, which will (apparently) change the semantics of method calls Set

It is assumed now that object identifiers are passed as a value. It seems logical - Set("variable_name", object_id)

But in practice it is not convenient and causes unpleasant errors "access violation" because on the fly we write Set("variable",id_value) instead of Set("variable",Obj(value).
And the code will be more readable. tcl.Set("varname",5) is shorter and clearer.

And for starters - a screenshot of demo which will be included in the new version:

This is a two-way data exchange with Excel - a kind of "universal indicator". Everything except charts is derived from MT4. Only charts are added manually.
All figures and charts are updated and run

Maxim Kuznetsov:

A new version is being actively prepared, which will (apparently) change the semantics of method calls Set

Now it's supposed to pass object identifiers as a value, it seems logical - Set("variable_name", object_id)

But in practice it turns out to be inconvenient and causes unpleasant errors "access violation" because on the fly we write Set("variable",direct_value) instead of Set("variable",Obj(value)).
And the code will be more readable. tcl.Set("varname",5) is shorter and clearer.

And for starters - a screenshot of the demo which will be included in the new version:

This is a two-way data exchange with Excel - a kind of "universal indicator". Everything except charts is derived from MT4. Only charts are added manually.
All figures and charts are updated and run

We are waiting for update! And I completely agree about setting values, we need to simplify the transmission of values. We can even go as follows: tcl["variable name"]=value of variable; And get: value = tcl["variable name"]; If there is no variable, just return empty value by type, not error.

Almost done :-)

Excel spreadsheet

A discussion is required - is the "gentlemen's set" presented in the table sufficient ?

It is not possible to change composition and arrangement of elements after software release - it will remain as it is, so that compatibility is preserved.

If you do not know what is in the table - it is generated from MT4 online.

In my opinion, it is enough for a trader to enter formulas into Excel and obtain an arbitrary indicator. (the BUFFER table is like indicator buffers)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Almost done :-)

A discussion is required - is the "gentlemen's set" presented in the table sufficient ?

It is not possible to change composition and arrangement of elements after software release - it will remain as it is, so that compatibility is preserved.

All that is presented in the table - is generated from MT4 online.

In my opinion it's sort of enough for a trader to type formulas into Excel and get an arbitrary indicator. (The BUFFER table is like indicator buffers)

Is it possible to squeeze something else out of the ticks? )))

Reason: