INTRA-LIGHT ANALYSIS - page 4

sllawa3 >> :

Are you also suggesting to give up mt4 and move to a more progressive platform ?

As far as I noticed the man did not suggest anything and only stated some peculiarities of different systems

>> ecig is not meant to be programmed, it just gives you the possibility to
° Observe an unlimited number of charts
° Change the indicator variables
° Use interactive drawing tools
° Customise and develop countless graphics for your work

A tick chart looks smoother. It has fewer very long candles (they break into a series of shorter ones), which means that it is more likely to enter the market earlier. Also, the long parts of the regular chart's flat look shorter on the tick chart. My opinion: tick charts are good help, but they are difficult to obtain ticks in real time in MT4 (as written above).

Daniil >> :

A tick chart looks smoother. It has fewer very long candles (they break into a series of shorter ones), which means that it is more likely to enter the market earlier. Also, the long parts of the regular chart's flat look shorter on the tick chart. My opinion: tick charts, are good help, but they are difficult to receive ticks in real time in MT4 (as it was already written here).

are there any such trading platforms that combine both mt4 capabilities ?

Fduch >> :

give me a decent turkey and I'll make it work on ticks =)

would like to see a fischer in this refinement ... or similar...

sabluk >> :

As far as I noticed the man did not offer anything and only stated some peculiarities of different systems

The ecignal is not meant to be programmed, it merely provides you with the ability to
° Observe an unlimited number of charts
° Change indicator variables
° Use interactive drawing tools
° Customize and develop countless graphics for your work

suggests that this implies that a better platform is needed to deal with ticks...

sllawa3 >> :

are there trading platforms that combine the features of mt 4 ?

For example, Tradestation and AmiBroker can build tick charts. And they also have the ability to write strategies. But trading with MT4 brokers, of course, does not.

sllawa3 писал(а) >>

Are you also suggesting that we abandon mt4 and move to a more progressive platform?

Of course I'm not. MT4 is an excellent trading platform. It's just that MT4 is not suited to tick analysis. But you don't need ticks to trade efficiently. So if you want to analyse ticks, you need another program. The eSignal is also needed. But the eSignal has its disadvantages. First, you need a good and fast Internet connection. If connection is interrupted, you will lose your tick history and you will have to restore it again. It implies that the connection is good a priori. But you yourself know that in Russia, the connection is not very good. Second, if the connection is of poor quality, then there will be an imperceptible loss of ticks, which will affect the informative value of the tick history to the worse, and there is no check of "ticks arrived or not". Only reloading. Third - you have to be ready to receive several dozens or even hundreds of megabytes of tick information every day. I don't think everyone is prepared for that.

If you want my opinion, you don't need tick analysis. It is well known that the higher is the TF, the less is the noise, and the better is TC. On the days it is generally possible to work by MA crossing. Therefore TFs serve as filters. And if we analyse ticks it's practically white noise analysis )))))

sllawa3 >> :
ANYBODY WANT TO FEEDBACK, HAS ANYONE TRIED TO IMPLEMENT COMMON INDICES ON TICKS INSTEAD OF BARS ?

What's your opinion, gentlemen? will the ticks bring tangible benefits or not? and does it need a new platform or can it be done in mt4? is it enough to do it with the average information that can be taken from it?

LeoV >> :

Of course I don't. MT4 is an excellent trading platform. It's just that MT4 is not equipped to analyse ticks. But you don't need ticks to trade effectively. So if you want to analyse ticks, you need another program. The eSignal is also needed. But the eSignal has its disadvantages. First, you need a good and fast Internet connection, because if the connection is interrupted, you will lose part of the tick history. It implies that the connection is good a priori. But you yourself know that in Russia, the connection is not very good. Second, if the connection is of poor quality, then there will be an imperceptible loss of ticks, which will affect the informative value of the tick history to the worse, and there is no check of "ticks arrived or not". Only reloading. Third, you have to be ready to receive several dozens or even hundreds of megabytes of tick information every day. I don't think everyone is prepared for that.

If you want my opinion, you don't need tick analysis. It is well known that the higher is the TF, the less is the noise, and the better is TC. On the days it is generally possible to work by MA crossing. Therefore TFs serve as filters. And if we analyse ticks - it's practically white noise analysis )))))

Dyk, we're not talking about analysing ticks per se, but analysing bars constructed by grouping ticks (e.g. 400 ticks in a bar). See the article "A New Look at Equivolume Charts" on the local server.

LeoV >> :

Of course I don't. MT4 is an excellent trading platform. It's just that MT4 is not equipped to analyse ticks. But you don't need ticks to trade effectively. So if you want to analyse ticks, you need another program. The eSignal is also needed. But the eSignal has its disadvantages. First, you need a good and fast Internet connection. If connection is interrupted, you will lose some tick history and it will be restored from the beginning, because eSignal does not restore history in case of connection breakdown like MT4. It implies that the connection is good a priori. But you yourself know that in Russia, the connection is not very good. Second, if the connection is of poor quality, then there will be an imperceptible loss of ticks, which will affect the informative value of the tick history to the worse, and there is no check of "ticks arrived or not". Only reloading. Thirdly, you have to be ready to receive some tens or even hundreds of megabytes of tick information. I don't think everyone is ready for that.

If you want my opinion, you don't need tick analysis. It is well known that the higher is the TF, the less is the noise, and the better is TC. On the days it is possible to work by MA crossing. Therefore TFs serve as filters. And if we analyse ticks - it's practically white noise analysis )))))

you may be right... but the drop in the number of trades kills in long TFs... although the accuracy increases, the overall profitability drops... Well, the accuracy lags on the contrary ... so I assumed that the frequency of candles at short periods is simply more commensurate with the frequency of incoming information, ie, ticks ... and quite logically decided to switch to the analysis of a smaller unit of information than a bar or candle ... ie, a tick ...

Reason: