Correlation indicator. - page 4

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Take away the correlation, add a multiplication table - it will be more useful for traders

Do you even understand the point of what you are doing? i.e. why?

i assume you absolutely know that correlation is useless in trading?

Timur1988:

I take it that you absolutely know that correlation is useless in trading?

Well... on its own, it's definitely useless, no question about it.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well this is when the correlation is obvious without correlations... check out those indices I wrote above, even a bot makes money on them

Correlation matters, nothing else. Open the eurik and the pound. You don't even need to know how to do anything. Just look with two eyes. You can do it with a third eye if you have one ))

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

Correlation matters, nothing else. Open the eurik and the pound. You don't even need to know how to do anything. Just look with two eyes. You can do it with a third eye if you have one ))

Then maybe cointegration does matter?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

then maybe co-integration makes a difference?

No )))

Don't coddle your grandmother, especially if it's a grandfather, although you know better ))))

Seriously speaking, it's very simple. You fail, because you get smart where it's simple.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well... by itself is definitely useless, there's no way around it.

Your opinion, of course. Personally, I am convinced and have been convinced more than once that correlation is still more useful in trading than simply useless.

Sergey Vradiy:

From a practical point of view, forward or reverse correlation, which does not change as an oscillator, but remains relatively constant, is useful for trading. This means that 24 candles for calculation is not enough. You need to find a value where the chart is much smoother. And we suppose that in this case calculation will strongly hamper the terminal. Then we can simplify it: do not display the whole table, but print only the part where the coefficient is close to 1 or -1, because other values are of little use.

This is very good point about outputting only the values of strongly correlated pairs. Thank you!

Timur1988:

That's a very good point about outputting only the values of strongly correlated pairs. Thank you!

If you try to make a robot, it will fail. If you put indicators in it, it will fail. If you trade many pairs at a time, it will not get better. Proven.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

If you try to make a robot, it will fail. If you put indicators in it, it will fail. If you trade a lot of pairs at once, it won't get any better. Proven.

Well, you've answered your own question.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well, you've answered your own question, no offence.

I've written somewhere that I've ordered a lot of EAs using this strategy, but they all fail. I used to think I was formulating the TOR wrong, but that is not the reason.

I have a simple closing tool where I have to enter the tickers of orders which have to be closed and in which profits or losses. That is all. And the news. They are always a good thing for this strategy.

Reason: