From theory to practice - page 94

Dmitriy Skub:

You know the story: "what are the odds of meeting 50 men in a row"?))

Tell it to me

By the way, at my leisure, I managed to calculate what this "memory" looks like in forex.

Remember, I said that the distribution of increments must be t2-distribution? And the smartest Vladimir poked my nose into the tails of the distribution and showed that, starting from the inflection point, there's a faster, exponential decline.

I also thought - gosh darn it all, how could this be?

Then I took the product of the t2-distribution and the exponential distribution and got the desired result.

But, this is still in the research stage - I won't publish it yet, otherwise Vladimir will wash me out again, which I wouldn't like:)))

Alexander_K2:
Hmmm... And the notorious moneymanagement? If the deposit, for example, is $100 and an order is just 0.01 lots? Then the deposit will not go to zero even in such a case. But such "black swans" are extremely rare.

Alexander_K2:

Interested, interested :)))) Still, I think Forex is not originally a toy for poor people. Money for money, as they say. To exclude risks and to have good income you have to have not less than $1000 on your account IMHO.

But, poor as mice, but clever people should not despair - we should create a great, profitable TS and sell it to foreign fools on English forums. Again, IMHO.

foreigners are not stupid.

Максим Дмитриев:

foreigners are not stupid

WHO??? :)))

Alexander_K2:

And the fact that this bell of deviation is like a bell of increments is also written in any book?

so what? ))

Alexander_K2:

1) reading ticks at exponential intervals

why?

Максим Дмитриев:

and what? ))

why?

Out of principle!!!

I was actually aiming to reduce the flow of tick quotes to a so called "simple" flow. I've found out some funny things - the intensity of stream becomes more even on the average, i.e. there are no significant skew in receiving data during calm trading and during news releases, the noise and unexplainable disproportions in the distribution of increments disappear, etc. Got a good input data filter and it is the only one I use.

Alexander_K2:
An example of random rambling is the Wiener process with demolition. We don't have it here. You can only use this model as a first approximation. Is it possible to make money on it? Rather yes than no.
Show me how.

Alexander_K2:

WHO??? :)))

well they are not being duped from the tv, at least...

Максим Дмитриев:
show me how.
We need to build some kind of channel for binomial distribution. Vladimir suggested that everyone should read about some corridors of Katya Savkina. Well, this is a binomial distribution channel. I simply did not even consider it - we do not and cannot have these corridors here.

Максим Дмитриев:

Well, they're not being duped from the TV, at least...

But trying to sell the TC or the signal is necessary. They just have more money right now, alas... Who else but them to sell to?