Bitcoin miner - page 28

Alexey Volchanskiy:
By the way, what is this nonsense about overclocking causing card damage? I, as a former electronic engineer, don't understand it. Yes, when the operating temperature of a semiconductor increases, diffusion of impurities and something else accelerates, I know that. But the rate is still measured in many years. And in 3-4 years these cards will be worth pennies anyway. All the more, the rig has good cooling, not as warm as the case.
Well, we'll get to that, I just don't want to burden a man with simple things and impose that cards with the right overclocking can't be spoiled... The master is the boss, let him do what he wants

Алексей Баг:
Well, we'll get to that, I just don't want to burden a person with simple things and impose that cards can't be damaged by proper overclocking ... The master is the boss, let him do what he wants

I was wondering, I often see on the Internet and here on the forum that all used cards are "baked", because they were used in mining. I have only had one card burned out in my life, a long time ago, back in 2004. The reason was that the heatsink on GPU chip was badly fixed, it broke off and the chip burned out.

Now for sure there is a protection against overheating as well as on CPUs.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I was wondering, I often see on the Internet and here on the forum that all used cards are "baked", because they were used in mining. I have only had one card burn out in my life, a long time ago, in 2004. The reason was that the heatsink on GPU chip was badly fixed, it broke off and the chip burned out.

Now for sure there is protection against overheating as well as on PCs.

I have some knowledge in electronics but to learn this issue of this era), I have not read forums and all sorts of youtube crap, I went just to the guys I don't care which way you go, I've been overclocking for a year and a half and they don't give a shit........ hard drives, yes, they're failing, but I'm switching to solid state now.

Алексей Баг:

Can I see a screenshot of your miner like this?

Алексей Баг:

I have knowledge in electronics, but to explore this issue in this era), I have not read forums and all sorts of youtube crap, I went just to the guys I don't care which way you go, I've been overclocking for a year and a half and they don't give a shit........ hard drives, yes, they do fail, but I'm switching to solid state now.

So I don't mine, only the CPU is overclocked, the card is not, because I'm not a gamer and just don't need to. And the main mistake with the screws on desktops is that you can't touch, move, move, etc. And screws must be blown, I have 2 HDD standalone adjustable fan + temperature sensor. At the moment it is on at low revs, but I switched it to maximum revs the summer before last, when it was hot.

prostotrader:

Can I see a screenshot of your miner like this?

You will not get anything valuable from my picture, you are doing fine, but if you still dare to overclock your miner, I can show you how my startup file is organized....
I wouldn't say you need to call in a construction crew and wall up the unit but the combination works just fine.
1.from the moment you reboot, wait 30-40 seconds for all the drivers to load
2. run setup files for each card with nvidia inspector (they need to be tested and selected) individually
3. wait another 20 seconds
4. run the miner (in your case, nesh)
5. then run MSI Afterburner (it perfectly monitors the fans) is convenient to set the settings in the graphics.....
6. then run a total accounting file hash divided by number of cards and + control the Internet connection (to restart in case of failure) - a babysitter in general
All my cards are the same manufacturer and memory, but they all tested with different frequencies and need to be babysat

That's how it works)
TIMEOUT 30
@echo off

start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_0_2_150_720_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_1_2_150_720_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_2_2_150_710_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_3_2_150_730_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_4_2_150_700_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_5_2_150_850_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_7_2_150_720_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_8_2_150_740_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_9_2_150_750_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_10_2_150_710_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_11_2_150_710_95_81_0
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.8\Set\" NVI_12_2_150_710_95_81_0
TIMEOUT 20
start /d "C:\Users\F1\AppData\Local\Programs\NiceHash Miner 2\" NiceHash
start /d "C:Program Files (x86)/MSI Afterburner\" MSIAfterburner
start /d "C:\Users\F1\Desktop\MuMiner\" MiningListener

Alexey Volchanskiy:

So I don't mine, only the CPU is overclocked, the card is not, because I'm not a gamer and just don't need to. And the main mistake with the screws on desktops is that you can't touch, move, move, etc. And screws must be blown, I have 2 HDD standalone adjustable fan + temperature sensor. At the moment it is on at low revolutions, but I switched it on at maximum when it was hot the summer before last.

Lesha!

Strange as it may seem, only electronic engineers have gathered here :)

Well, I am an engineer and developer of electronic systems by education (graduated from Moscow State Radioelectronic Institute).

Till now (as the need arises) I am engaged in development. Last year I developed an immobilizer

with code entry without any special devices (i.e. remote control, etc.).

Any electronic or electrical component has specifications

Any electronic or electrical component has technical specifications provided by the manufacturer, e.g. chip or fan.

Failure to comply with the manufacturer's recommendations (temperature, speed, etc.) will result in a reduction in the service life of the product.

It can last for another 100 years but its MTBF decreases exponentially.

It may or may not work, more likely not than not.

When the A755 attached three of its overclocked cards to my wallet, the hash registrations

from the server, whereas I have none at all. It's not a guarantee that his cards will burn out tomorrow, but

but to me it's an indicator of the instability of the whole system. There's no such thing as "proper" overclocking,

It's exploitation of the product outside of the norms recommended by the developer!

Andy:

What are the regressions?

Rejects are when the server does not accept the work done by your cards (processor).

Achtung! Bitcoin is plummeting, everyone is investing in Bitcoin Cash.

Igor Volodin:
Ahtung! Bitcoin is plummeting and everyone is investing in Bitcoin Cash.

So the money stays in the bubble for now. When bitcoin starts to fall and other bubble assets don't grow, then it will be a "scarecrow".

Reason: