Help me find a laptop

I want to change my slow laptop. My desktop computer has a 3.3GHz i3 processor. Even though it's not new, I'm happy with its performance. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What do you advise?

khorosh:
I want to change my slow laptop. My desktop computer has an i3 processor clocked at 3.3GHz. Although no longer new, but the performance is quite satisfying. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What would you advise?

Any laptop will be slower than a desktop computer with the same (roughly) specifications

I have a laptop Core i7 (4 cores * 2.6-3.2 Gz) + 8 Gb RAM + HD, and the desktop Core2Duo (2 * 3.2 Gh) + 4 Gb RAM + SSD, so the desktop is much faster, with the same OS - Win 10

Igor Yeremenko:

Any laptop will be slower than a desktop with the same (roughly) specifications

I have Core i7 laptop (4 cores*2.6-3.2 Gz)+8 Gb RAM+HD, and desktop Core2Duo (2*3.2 Gh)+ 4 Gb RAM+SSD, so the desktop is much slower, with the same OS - Win 10

SSD makes it slower. Laptop HDDs are very slow.

khorosh:
I want to replace my slow laptop. My desktop computer has a 3.3GHz i3 processor. Although no longer new, but in terms of performance quite suits me. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What do you advise?

In my opinion, you only need a laptop to communicate with a desktop, so the simpler the laptop the better. Better to keep the old laptop and switch to linux. No matter how powerful your laptop may be, Windows will eat up all its resources. And spend the money on upgrading my desktop one.

Sergey Chalyshev:

In my opinion, you only need a laptop to communicate with a desktop, so the simpler the laptop the better. Better to keep the old laptop and switch to linux. No matter how powerful your laptop may be, Windows will eat up all its resources. And spend the money on upgrading the desktop.

I mostly watch TV programmes from the archive on my desktop. I trade from my laptop half-lying on the sofa. When quotation data rate is very high, my notebook cannot cope with it and hangs. Then I go to a stationary computer and, if necessary, make some actions.

Are Intel and AMD processors at the same clock speed comparable in performance?

khorosh:

Intel promises to roll out 10nm stones soon.

everything sucks, the main thing, as they said above - ssd.
the laptop is not for serious loads anyway, so in my opinion this is the most important point - only ssd and no hdd/cd/dvd

Vizard_:

Intel promises to roll out 10nm stones soon.

They are promising a lot of things. About 2-3 years ago I saw a picture on the Internet of a compact RAM module with 256 gigabytes. But I still haven't heard anything about computers with such RAM.

Alexey Oreshkin:

everything sucks, the main thing, as they said above - ssd.
the laptop is not for serious loads anyway, so in my opinion this is the most important point - only ssd and no hdd/cd/dvd

I think the video card should also be normal, not built in.

khorosh:
I want to change my slow laptop. My desktop computer has a 3.3GHz i3 processor. Even though it's not new, it's pretty good in terms of performance. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What do you advise?

The most important thing for us is calculations. calculations in excel, in mql-advisors.
That's why we should focus on the CPU. It's the most important part of the computer for us.
i7 will do.

RAM.
8 GB will be enough for everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExLtiYhnd-A
There's also an option for frequency. 1066 to 3200.
But if you take two cards, they will work in 2-channel mode and their frequencies will be multiplied. Two 2400mhz boards will run at 4800mhz.
So it is better to have 2 x 4GB than one 8GB.
DDR4 format.

video card.
We don't play games so even an integrated card will suffice.
The i7 7700K has an Intel® HD Graphics 630 video card.
Tests show that it can be used for minimal game play, so it will do for normal work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw3zWaPUoJE

hard drive
now go for ssd on drive C and HDD on drive D
I think ssd is enough for 64gb. I don't need more programs.
HDD can be 1 terabyte, because 0.5 tb costs the same.

We take the laptop without the operating system. Then we install the operating system ourselves. It is cheaper by 100 quid.

What do we have in the end.
Take the CPU from the top range and get the maximum speed for calculations.
If you use two-channel cards, you get high speed of the operating system.
The video card is such that even games can be played.
The disk c has ssd, which speeds up the loading of programs by several times.

There is no exact configuration to choose from.
but more or less suitable is this:

https://rozetka.com.ua/dell_inspiron_5567_i55f78s2ddl_6fg/p21159083/

Reason: