Why does Metaquotes push MT5 instead of MT4? - page 2

MoonDrifter:

Do I need an MT5? What kind of profit will I get? What should I do with a lot of robots written in MQL4? What the hell do I, an ordinary trader, need this new language? My guess is that all more or less serious trading strategies are implemented in third-party languages, and the MQL code just executes trading signals. As in my case.

Come on, let's not be dramatic. In your case, rebuild the interfaces to external software for MT5 is a day's work.

However, I agree that it is not good to use MT5 instead of MT4.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The only big bug in MT4

While closed, turned out to be in the negative, in the five worked the same - amazing.

The tester in MT4 is a song, it supports work with graphics, goes smoothly, quickly and without cramps.

For the time being I am working on two platforms, but I will switch to Five step by step, I think the tester will become usable in normal way.

This is the second time I've seen such a closing example from you -- and blame it on MT4, i.e. from my sick head to my healthy one.

What does MT4 have to do with it?

how you programmed the EA to close, and that's how it worked.

the problem is with the developer, not with MT4

p.s. i personally worked with grids for many years -- i used to close up to 300 orders at a time and i have never had such examples (total orders out of 10) as you cite.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

This is the second time I've seen you give such an example of closure -- and blame it on MT4, i.e. from my head to mine.

What does MT4 have to do with it?

The way the EA was programmed to close is the way it worked.

the problem is with the developer, not with MT4

p.s. I personally worked with grids for many years -- I had up to 300 orders closed at a time -- I never had such examples (10 orders total) as you cite.

The same code, but in MT5, closes everything in one go

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Same code, but in MT5, closes everything with one pop.

So? MT5 works with positions, MT4 works with orders.

Program the work with the orders in MT4 adequately and it will close the same way as in MT5.

Your example shows only one thing, it is wrong organization of work with the orders.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Same code, but in MT5, closes everything with one pop

That's how it closes on me.

Exactly the same price. There is no spread in the range of the figure (100 pips) as in your picture.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

So? MT5 works with positions, MT4 works with orders.

Program the work with orders in MT4 adequately and it will close as well as in MT5.

Your example shows only one thing, wrong organization of work with the orders.

This is a strange way to describe your work!

I always work with positions when I am closing them and an order cannot be closed, it can only be deleted.

Where do you see orders in the picture? All I see are positions, so I close them

I have rewritten my template from mql4 to mql5. I decided to connect <MT4Orders.mqh> to original mql4, everything fit without any problem, so I use it on two platforms, the closing code works the same, but the closing results are different. No slippage on a quiet market, but on a fast one - showed images, MT5 closes instantly.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I decided to connect <MT4Orders.mqh> to original mql4, everything worked without problems, here it is used on two platforms, closing code works the same, but closing results are different. No slippage on a calm market, but on a fast one - showed images, MT5 closes instantly.

So throw <MT4Orders.mqh> on the trash. Don't know what it is. I never use other people's "black boxes", including"Standard Library".

If the black box elaboration is not correct or not understandable -- then you have to deal with the black box or refuse to use it.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Strange job description !?

I always work with positions when closing, and an order cannot be closed, it can only be deleted.

Where do you see in the figures orders, there are only positions, so I close them

There is no position as such in MT4. There are orders. There are market/open orders and pending orders. Market orders are closed and opened. Pending orders are deleted and set.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

So throw <MT4Orders.mqh> in the trash. Don't know what it is. Never use other people's black boxes, includingStandard Library.

If the "black box" elaboration is not correct or not understandable -- then you have to deal with the "black box" or refuse to use it.

I told you that it works without <MT4Orders.mqh> in 4, but it has already worked in 5. Before using <MT4Orders.mqh> I used original mql5, after I checked <MT4Orders.mqh> and there is no difference at all ... at all. On the plus side, it turned out to be a simple porting of code from four, to five, with no loss of performance.

You still haven't answered the question: where on the posted images(1,2,3,4) are the orders?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I told you that it works without <MT4Orders.mqh> in 4, but it already works with it in 5. Before using <MT4Orders.mqh> I used original mql5, after I checked <MT4Orders.mqh> and there is no difference at all ... at all. On the plus side it turned out to be a simple porting of code from fours, to fives, with no loss of performance.

And what functions of MT4Orders are used - asynchronous(OrderSendAsync, OrderCloseAsync) or not? That's probably the problem.

Reason: