What is a trend? - page 45

Serqey Nikitin:
The indicator was designed for big trends, and what trends are there on M1?

Let me disagree with you here, everything is most interesting and tasty on M1, everything above is like switching from HD to SD, it seems to be the same, but the detail is not the same. Why voluntarily lower the resolution of the input data?

Андрей:

Let me disagree with you here, everything is most interesting and tasty on M1, everything above is like switching from HD to SD, it seems to be the same, but the detail is not the same. Why voluntarily lower resolution of input data?

Well, it is clear: one delay in a fortnight on a large chart or a great deal of delays on М1 - the difference is very substantial, and it affects profit in a VERY different way... and it is not the fact that the total profit when scalping will be higher than when trading on H12 or D1.

Serqey Nikitin:

Well, it's clear: one delay in a fortnight on a large chart, or a lot of delays on M1 - the difference is very significant, and it affects profit VERY much... andit's not the fact that the total profit when scalping will be higher than when trading on H12 or D1.

And the profit is higher and so is the risk

This is Forex.

Reduce the risk, get the same

Serqey Nikitin:

Well it is clear: one delay in a fortnight on a large chart, or a lot of delays on M1 - the difference is very significant, and the profit is STRONGLY affected ... and the fact that the total profit in scalping will be higher than when trading on H12 or D1.

I use very short stops, which are calculated, and on large timeframes they will be just huge for me in terms of deposit load, on the contrary, I have to reduce the lot size to a small depot to survive. Broken stop for 50 pips in one lot will give 50$ loss, and at H1 even a stop may be 500-1000 pips, what deposit can withstand such a loss? Reduce the lot size + many times fewer trades, I say only to grandchildren if you save =)

Андрей:

I use very short stops, which are calculated, and on large timeframes they will be just huge for me in terms of deposit load, on the contrary, I have to reduce the lot size to a small depot to survive. Broken stop for 50 pips in one lot will give $50 loss, and at H1 even a stop may be 500-1000 pips, what kind of a depo will survive? If you reduce the lot size + many times fewer trades, I'm only telling your grandchildren if you save =)

Well, what if you reduce the stop at a larger timeframe?

STARIJ:
But what if you decrease the stop on a larger timeframe?

In my particular trend strategy the stop signifies the end of the trend, it is calculated based on the chart, there is no way to reduce it, the bigger the timeframe, the bigger the waves, so the reversal patterns are also bigger.

Андрей:

on big timeframes the single profit is bigger by a lot, but also the losses are many times bigger, and I use very short stops, which are calculated, and on big timeframes they will just be huge for me in terms of deposit load

This is legitimate: the bigger the chart, the bigger the stop size... But it's not the stop that determines the closing of a position. The stop is a protective mechanism against force majeure, that's all... The closing of a position should be the responsibility of an algorithm that can be set up as quickly as you want, without triggering the stop.

Serqey Nikitin:

It makes sense: the bigger the chart, the bigger the stop... But it's not the stop that determines position closing. The stop is a protective mechanism against force majeure and only that... The closing of a position should be the responsibility of an algorithm that can be set up as quickly as you like, without triggering the stop.

It's just that the higher the TF, the stops and takeoffs are not from a torch (optimization) of so many points, but based on situation analysis, large TFs are very sluggish and dangerous in terms of stops. I don't even understand why trading with the robot on H1 is necessary, because one can spend hours thinking over each step there.

Serqey Nikitin:

If you dream a little: What does a trader need to be happy?... Of all the data on the chart, the trader, by and large, is only interested in POINTS of extremums (trend reversal points). In this case, you can just wait for the TIME SIGNAL, and here, even a slight lag of the signal is not important, the profit will be provided ...

Therefore, to solve the problem with the trend indicator, which would show these same points, and the problemof "Making a stable profit on FOREX" - is solved.

But in practice, it is quite a difficult task...

Well, if you trade on trend turns, it will often turn at night, and we are asleep at night.
this case is not very well formulated...

You can use trend reversals, or you can (I'll show you in your picture) draw a trend midline, and draw two more lines at the top and bottom,

and trade relative to these lines to the central line.

or only trade on one side. only trend movements, not counter-trend movements.

Reason: