What is a trend? - page 43

Renat Akhtyamov:
I wonder if I can at least buy/sell in the nodes of this indicator on the demo?

I suspect that this indicator redraws like a zigzag, the last 30-50 bars it has a zone of complete uncertainty.

Serqey Nikitin:

Obviously, there is some distrust of the performance of the indicator...

And this distrust is probably due to some of your experience. If you formulate your opinion, I will try to answer your assumptions...

As an option :

All other indicators work, but this one does not... How can it be?

So it doesn't redraw the last vertex? In the screenshot it just doesn't even have the last edge and the vertex either.

Андрей:

I suspect that this indicator overdraws like a zigzag, the last 30-50 bars it has a zone of complete uncertainty.

Is overripping even a problem?

Put several identical indicators on the chart, but with DIFFERENT SETTINGS ... The cumulative signal of a GROUP of indicators will give you a stable signal, without blinking ... No problem! ... Of course, you can't do without optimization, but it's common practice!

Serqey Nikitin:

Obviously, there is some distrust of the performance of the indicator...

And this distrust is probably due to some of your experience. If you formulate your opinion, I will try to answer your assumptions...

Alternatively :

All other indicators are working, but this one isn't... How can it be?
I was saying that the last extremum is formed after the opening.

Андрей:

So it doesn't redraw the last vertex? In the screenshot, it just doesn't even have the last edge and the vertex either.

Signal delay is a prerequisite for it to work properly, but it has no effect on profit.

Serqey Nikitin:

Signal delay is a prerequisite for it to work properly, but it has no effect on profits.

then it is understandable

I can do that, too.

Renat Akhtyamov:
I was talking about the last extremum being formed after it should have opened
Any indicator that is calculated from the price, just can't be late ... The main thing is that it doesn't affect the profit!

Serqey Nikitin:

Signal delay is a prerequisite for it to work properly, but it does not affect the profit.

OK, so we decide on the last available top. How many bars does the price pass before the top is formed?

Renat Akhtyamov:

I see.

I can do that, too.

So what's stopping you from making a profit? After all, the rest just doesn't matter!

Serqey Nikitin:
Any indicator that is calculated from the price, just can't be late ... The main thing is that it doesn't affect your profit!

I agree.

In order to produce a signal, you have to compare something with something.

You can't do it without lagging

Reason: