How can one tolerate losses, or a life of waiting for profits? - page 5

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

You're probably right - hand trading is clearly not for me - the uncertainty strains me - I lose confidence in the future...

Spread-rate drawdown is half the trouble, but if the drawdown reaches 30%, as it is now with me, then I just estimate how much time it takes to trade off using the minimum lot (5 years if it's a good deal) .... and generally starting to wonder if it's even necessary.

As a hobby it's interesting - yes, but when it's your only source of income, and you work as a trader from 10 to 23 every day... a year has gone by and I haven't even seen it.

why the hell would you go in with $10,000? go in with a hundred... it can be multiplied by two in a day... just sit on the trend, don't calculate it, see how it goes and that's it... what's the point of a million dollar deposit???

i've noticed that "spotting and waiting for the trend" itself drains the deposit... why track it... you got to catch it when it's coming... sharp and everything where it's obvious... and all this scaling in the head leads to glitches and sinking...

ivan12347777:

I've noticed that "picking and waiting for the trend" itself drains the depo... the hell with tracking it... you got to catch it when it's up... sharp and everything where it's obvious... and all this scaling in the head leads to glitches and sinking

+1

That's right - "grab and go!")))

The only difficulty is not oversleeping at the moniker this trend after days of waiting...

geratdc:
That's right - "grab and run!"))
Grab it, run and don't come back to forex again. Then you'll save what you grabbed).

geratdc:

That's right - "grab and go!")))

The only difficulty is not to oversleep at the moniker this trend after days of waiting...

)) Well, overslept. Happened more than once - went to lunch, had a cup of coffee, talked on the phone. So what? Not the first, not the last. There will be a next one. Not a problem at all.

ZS In general, a primitive state alarm is not a problem either).

PS2 I get it, you all want to get money without doing anything. You all want to get the money without doing anything. 5 minutes a day and that's it.

You either work the whole day or you think about where the market is going to go, draw arrows and then wonder why you are losing).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

There is no ATS on RTS, only hands. (There are about 10-15 trades a day - I'm really losing my mind). I don't even know how to do ATS - there are a lot of factors.

I do not even know what to do with ATS - there are a lot of factors. I have the same problem, but I think the instruments are different - the systems are different. Adaptation does not work. Although now something is fledgling with neural networks (NS), but there is nothing real yet. But the systems (NS settings) will still be different for different instruments.

On RTS, the market? - Yes, the most liquid instrument on the FORTS. Strange.

That's because you can't keep track of everything, that's why I've developed my Expert Advisor. If I were a good programmer, this process would be much faster.

Neural networks - it's still complicated for me, I need to study how to run it all - from theoretical point of view everything is clear, and I even have some ideas... But the programming needs to be at a higher level.

ivan12347777:

Why the hell would you go in with a $10,000 deposit like that??? go in with a hundred... it can be multiplied by two in a day... just sit on the trend, don't calculate it, see how it goes and that's it... what's the point of the million-dollar depo???

I've noticed that "picking and waiting for the trend" itself drains the deposit... why track it... you got to catch it when it's coming... sharp and everything where it's obvious... and all this scaling in the head leads to glitches and sinking...

When did it go up? Sometimes it goes up and then reverses 180 degrees... no?

I've been sitting all day today taking notes on the ideas that come up when watching the visuals.

The saddest thing I found was opening a position at the best price, which is still possible but unlikely, but closing at SL with the best price - this is nonsense and greatly distorts the result. Is it a bug or what for? Do you have any ideas how to fix it? I don't really want to move the stops, because sometimes the closure is very accurate by level, and if you move it, it won't close...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

It is because it is impossible to keep track of everything that I have designed the EA. If I were a good programmer, things would go much faster, but now I have to spend a lot of time fiddling with various software tasks.

Neural networks - it's still complicated for me, I need to study how to run it all - from theoretical point of view everything is clear, and I even have some ideas... but the programming needs to be at a higher level.

In fact:

1. The EA only adds to the problems. Some of them disappear, but new ones are added, and more complicated. I entered the market in 2008 with my first ATC.

2. Neural Networks (NS) do not require any high level of programming. There are ready-made libraries, and it is very easy to learn how to use them. You just need a good understanding of NS, and very clearly - what you want to get from them.

As NS are not on the subject, if you are interested, it is probably better to ask in person.

geratdc:

That's right - "grab and go!"))) The only difficulty is not to oversleep at the moniker this trend after days of waiting...

That's what robots, Expert Advisors, assistants, ATS, MTS, ... and that's what they do.

Reason: