Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 18

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

What is going on with you?

Is it difficult to write a few lines of code and array what needs to be output after the test. It only takes 5 minutes.

I don't know which way to look at it.

P.S. Power goes out during the day, working nights, must have started to get dumb. It's going out again now, and until late afternoon, they've been changing cables for a month now.

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question and give me an answer, please.

Folks, how did you solve the problem with the lack of real spread data in MT5?

The MT5 ahriva only shows spread data for quotes from June 2017, and that's only intermittently, with zero spread for earlier ones.

The MT5 tester for historical data with zero spread sets the spread at 50pp and runs tests with that value, which is very distorting for major currency pairs, which tend to have spreads of up to 20pp.

I stupidly exported CSV files with M1 quotes, changed spread in excel for 15-20pp (depending on the pair), created a custom tool and filled it with history with set spread.

Everything is testing fine, but the process is kind of "clumsy".

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

xxz:

This I know .

Only after hours of optimisation, which is finally over

you often forget to turn off the optimization and press the start button and everything goes to waste!

I know that everything is fine if you run the pass through the single.

But still not really comfortable.

More convenient to use a bird to turn on and off :))))

I second that!

Vitaly Stepanov:

Seconded!

You are not the only one.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New version of MetaTrader 5 build 1640: creating and testing your own financial instruments

Anatoli Kazharski, 2017.08.04 17:23

Let a single run be better. With this kind of "error" in the run, no optimization results are lost.

Nikolai Semko:
It is important to shield the tester from the possibility of influence from outside to exclude tester grails.

Is this about the Handmade Grail? ))

A manual trading tester is not a tool to create a grail.

Реter Konow:

It would be great if MT5 had the ability to interact between the programs on the chart and in the tester via a resource, as can be done in MT4.

Suggest a good open source manual trader for 4.

fxsaber:

Suggest a good open source manual trader for quadruplets.

The point is to use the tester not only to test automatic strategies, but also to simulate trader's behaviour while trading manually. Many people would like such a simulator and it is easy to make on MT4, while on MT5 there is no such possibility because the tester and the terminal have no connection through resources.

Реter Konow:

On MT5 there is no such possibility, as the tester and the terminal do not communicate via resources.

There is such a possibility. I need a handy manual trading assistant for MT4 with source code to demonstrate on 5.

fxsaber:

There is such a possibility. I need a handy manual trading assistant for MT4 with source code to demonstrate on a 5.

I do not understand you. Please explain. I can make a manual trading simulator on MT4, but without open source code.

fxsaber:

There is such a possibility. I need a handy manual trading assistant for MT4 with source code.

Contact the extra trader with the nickname getch
Reason: