Golden Ratio - page 6

Itum:

then 70, 35, 140, 105

- What's that?

There was one in '14.

I've been watching this for a long time but it doesn't affect the overall picture. I agree, there are drawdowns when there is a flat, but it does not affect the overall picture.

Flat since '14.

Why the drawdown at an average SL=18 ?

It doesn't add up. It's not working at all.

Gone.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Why the slippage at an average SL=18 ?

It's not glued. It's not working at all.

Gone.

I've been through a few flops... but the result hasn't changed...

A drawdown is when several trades in a row close with a loss !

Itum:

There is a TS (Expert Advisor) that trades and catches various large and small movements. On average it picks up a movement of 38 pips. Takeprofit in TS is used fixed. Optimal takeprofit in TS 62 points. My Expert Advisor has been observed for over a year. The most interesting thing I noticed is that the parameters: Average 38 points movement and 62 points TakeProfit. They did NOT change throughout the year. In TS NO adjustment for these parameters, the algorithm trades on another principle, and produces these results. And what is interesting, the results fit the Golden Ratio - the harmonic proportion of 0.62 and 0.38....

Is it possible to draw any conclusions from this data?

Occam's Razor: don't invent superfluous entities :-) 62p is more like 38*2 - spread. than the golden ratio (there is a silver one too, by the way).

Conclusion: the golden ratio is power! ))

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Occam's Razor: don't invent superfluous entities :-) 62p is more of a 38*2 - spread. than a golden (sometimes silver by the way) section.

I didn't invent anything ... )) did not set up anything ... just got this result ...) the result according to EURUSD yes there is a spread of max 2 p

I don't care what it's called.

Itum:
I see that's my advisor... About SL... There is no clear binding to numbers, if there is a signal to close, we close the deal no matter what the size of the loss is - 40 points or 100 points. But the sequence of such trades produces this result!

So there is no stop loss or take profit, but a market close. Maybe there is a profit check on closing, I can't see it from here.

Oh, how many wondrous moments enlightenment and experience are in store for us, the son of hard errors and Geno Cheburashkin's friend

Dmitry Fedoseev:

So there is no stop loss or take profit, but a market close. Maybe there is a profit check at closing, I can't see it from here.

How many wondrous moments the enlightenment spirit and experience of the son of hard errors and genie cheburashkin friend prepare for us

And so: ))

Stoploss is a market close, floating, depends on market and situation, always different. (NO clear definition of 10p or 20p or 30p or % of something).

Take Profit - initially set at 62 points. (when it is reached, it closes by TP) but if price goes in the opposite direction, then the market closing. For example: passed 40 p. and the price began to return, then close the deal depending on the situation. (And here there is NO clear definition of 10p. 20p. or 30p. or % of something)

I'm not trying to draw a ratio or anything at all... It's just the bare numbers that give this result and do NOT change ... )

Itum:

And so: ))

Stop Loss is a market close, it's floating, it depends on the market and the situation, it's always different. (There is no clear definition of 10 pips or 20 pips or 30 pips or % of something).

Take Profit - initially set at 62 pips. (when reached is closed by TP) but if the price goes in the opposite direction then market closing. For example: passed 40 p. and the price began to return, then close the deal depending on the situation. (And here there is NO clear definition of 10p. 20p. or 30p. or % of something)

I'm not trying to draw any ratio or anything at all... It's just the bare numbers that give this result and do NOT change ... )

how did you get 38, i.e. how did you measure how much the price deviated on average from the open trade? If it really deviated on the average by 38 points in the direction of profit, then the optimal take profit would have been exactly 38 points and not 62. And if we consider that during flat periods the price oscillates back and forth in a small range and +-30 points is the order of the day. And since you do not allow profit to go higher than 68, you get this ratio on the average, mainly because of curve signals to the wrong side. That's if the points are 5 digits, of course. But since you have given catastrophically little information and continue to mock people, you're certainly not going to make porridge with you.

P.S. 38 is just within the average of 62, and if you have a probability of TP triggering 50/50 then where will the average profit? oh my god! at around 38 points! Learn the theory of probability. And it doesn't matter how many significant points this is.

Itum:

There is a TS (Expert Advisor) that trades and catches various large and small movements. On average it picks up a movement of 38 pips. Takeprofit in TS is used fixed. Optimal takeprofit in TS 62 points. My Expert Advisor has been observed for over a year. The most interesting thing I noticed is that the parameters: Average 38 points movement and 62 points TakeProfit. They did NOT change throughout the year. In TS NOT built in adjustment for these parameters, the algorithm trades on another principle, and produces these results. And the interesting thing is the results fit - Golden Ratio - the harmonic proportion of 0.62 and 0.38....

Can we draw any conclusions from this data?

IMHO, this is simple forex magic. There is also a complicated one, but this is not the case.

Itum:

...A drawdown is when several trades in a row close with a loss !

That's an incorrect statement. Especially since you didn't specify what kind of drawdown you're talking about. Drawdowns are different: current (or working), actual, relative, maximum, absolute.

In general, it's 6 pages of nothing but nothing. The results of trades - on the table! Then we will be able to more meaningfully discuss the matter.

Otherwise, as rightly pointed outDmitry Fedoseev, "....I can't see from here.
Reason: