VPS from MetaQuotes - page 8

Sergii Krutyi:

Parameters can be viewed in the logs (to look at the time to see what parameters were previously uploaded to the VPS). Yes, the main thing is the moment of synchronization at which the parameters are fixed, the working time, after that you can change without problems.

I would not be so relaxed.

As someone said above, it's better to save the profile and trade on another one.

Otherwise there is a risk of losing everything........ When you forget.... and click Synchronize!

Vladislav Andruschenko:

I wouldn't be so calm.

As you suggested above, it's better to keep the profile and trade on a different profile.

Otherwise there is a risk of losing everything........ When you forget.... and press Synchronize!

If a person does not fully understand what happens when you consciously press the Synchronize button, then of course it is better to make a profile. I myself use profiles only when there are a lot of charts, and if there are 1-2, then without.

Sergii Krutyi:

If a person does not fully understand what happens when you consciously press the Synchronization button, then of course it is better to make a profile. I myself use profiles only when there are a lot of charts, and if there are 1-2, then I do not.

If a person asks questions about how to synchronize, he is likely to make a mistake in the future.

That is why profiles are better.

Why isn't UPU pumping out the history?

20:19:33.329 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The number of bars in the terminal history by symbol-period at the moment = 50981

CI 0 20:19:33.329 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) BarsCalculated = 50981

CO 0 20:19:33.329 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) Timeframe = 3600

CF 0 20:19:33.329 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) CopyClose = 50980

QL 0 20:19:33.330 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) copy_main = 50980

OH 0 20:19:33.330 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) sygnal_depht = 7

NR 0 20:19:33.330 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) last index of counter = 1891

OI 0 20:19:33.330 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) sygnal_depht = 7

FS 0 20:19:33.330 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) last index of counter = 2579

Above is the EA log on my home computer,

Below is from UPP

18:14:10.660 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) DROW=true

DK 0 18:14:11.514 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The number of bars in the terminal history by symbol-period at the moment = 1454

PJ 0 18:14:11.514 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) BarsCalculated = 1454

MO 0 18:14:11.514 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) Timeframe = 3600

OE 0 18:14:11.515 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) CopyClose = 1453

CO 0 18:14:11.515 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) copy_main = 1453

DK 0 18:14:11.515 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) sygnal_depht = 5

LQ 0 18:14:11.515 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) last index of counter = 1379

KD 0 18:14:11.515 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) Not enough history, Initialization error 0

Reduce market depth and everything works...

DP 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The number of bars in the terminal history by symbol-period at the moment = 1454

LP 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) BarsCalculated = 1454

QD 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) Timeframe = 3600

PO 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) CopyClose = 1453

HR 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) copy_main = 1453

LE 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) sygnal_depht = 4

FL 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) last index of counter = 986

JR 0 18:29:30.407 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) sygnal_depht = 4

CH 0 18:29:30.408 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) last index of counter = 1185

There is no profit to be made on such scarce data...

I take it MQL won't answer me here...?

Should I create a new topic?

This is also from vps

LM 0 22:46:13.017 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The number of bars in the terminal history at the moment = 1457

EQ 0 22:46:13.017 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The very first date in the history of the terminal at the moment = 2020.12.24 01:00:00

LR 0 22:46:13.017 Mascka_gold2 (XAUUSD,H1) The very first date in history by symbol on the server = 2000.06.20 00:00:00

Why doesn't anyone talk about the inconvenience of a built-in VPS? There are quite a few of them. They are also very insidious. Yes, if trading is done on one pair, with one EA, and one person just observes this trade, it's probably convenient. Although, in my opinion, the convenience is very doubtful. But if you want to trade on one more pair, the Expert Advisor will close all open positions on the trading pair, and you will start trading on two pairs from zero. And this will happen with every pair you add or switch off. When you want to close the EA on any of the pairs (and you can not stop it), then all open positions on all pairs will be closed automatically.

That is, any changes, except for the adjustment of parameters of an EA working on a pair, lead to the automatic closing of all open positions and pending orders. I do not like it very much. I cannot imagine how it is possible to trade without turning off or on some particular pairs. The market is constantly changing, news are coming out, and before the important news releases, you cannot switch on a pause, you cannot resume the work of the Expert Advisor after a pause. Because all positions are closed automatically.

Therefore you should think about it a hundred times before activating work on the built-in VPS. Please note that you will not get your money back to see if you like it or not, you will have to pay for a month of testing. Based on that, I find a simple third party VPS much more useful, where you can install a standard terminal and not one, with any number of accounts and switch between them, and work the way you used to work on your home computer without paying anything else. Realize that when you buy VPS from MT5, you are paying for the hassle of only one account. If you want to connect a second account, be kind enough to pay for a second VPS. And remember, any change in the number of working pairs in the account, and the number of working Expert Advisors will automatically close all market positions.

And that always hurts a lot. Of course, I may assume that my mental capacity is limited and I simply could not understand the rules of the embedded VPS, but it is very strange offering a service that you have to understand on your own. They offer videos that show how easy it is to drop money to pay for embedded VPS, how easy it is to migrate working installations. That's where the explanation ends. Even the discussion about using this built-in service is only here. I couldn't figure out why? Either I belong to that limited number of people who decided to use this service, or it's a complete bummer not worth using.

And I don't get it. If I am wrong in my reasoning and my sad experience from my limited mental capacity, then give me a link where you can read about possibilities of normal use of the embedded service, if such a description exists. If there is no such description, then I hope this post will help newbies not to waste their already limited life savings. You can be convinced of my words in 24 hours provided for free. I, in my stupidity, failed to do so, so I warn others.

Дима Джумок #:

When you synchronise, the server restarts - this is analogous to stopping and starting your desktop terminal. And if you have automatic closing of positions, it depends ONLY on the written logic of the Expert Advisor and the VPS has nothing to do with it. You need to know that.

That's for the author of the advisor to ask

Дима Джумок pending orders. I do not like it very much. I cannot imagine how it is possible to trade without turning off or on some particular pairs. The market is constantly changing, news are coming out, and before the important news releases, you cannot switch on a pause, you cannot resume the work of the Expert Advisor after a pause. Because all positions are closed automatically.

Therefore you should think about it a hundred times before activating work on the built-in VPS. Please note that you will not get your money back to see if you like it or not, you will have to pay for a month of testing. Based on that, I find a simple third party VPS much more useful, where you can set up a standard terminal and not one, with any number of accounts and switch between them, and work the way you used to work on your home computer without paying anything else. Realize that when you buy VPS from MT5, you are paying for the hassle of only one account. If you want to connect a second account, be kind enough to pay for a second VPS. And remember, any change in the number of working pairs in the account, and the number of working Expert Advisors will automatically close all market positions.

And that always hurts a lot. Of course, I may assume that my mental capacity is limited and I simply could not understand the rules of the embedded VPS, but it is very strange offering a service that you have to understand on your own. They offer videos that show how easy it is to drop money to pay for embedded VPS, how easy it is to migrate working installations. That's where the explanation ends. Even the discussion about using this built-in service is only here. I couldn't figure out why? Either I belong to that limited number of people who decided to use this service or it's a complete bummer not worth using.

And I don't get it. If I am wrong in my reasoning and my sad experience from my limited mental capacity, then give me a link where you can read about possibilities of normal use of the embedded service, if such a description exists. If there is no such description, then I hope this post will help newbies not waste their already limited life savings. You can be convinced of my words in 24 hours provided for free. I, in my stupidity, failed to do so, so I warn others.

So on a normal desktop terminal, exactly the same thing will happen when you want to replace an EA

Дима Джумок pending orders. I do not like it very much. I cannot imagine how it is possible to trade without turning off or on some particular pairs. The market is constantly changing, news are coming out, and before the important news releases, you cannot switch on a pause, you cannot resume the work of the Expert Advisor after a pause. Because all positions are closed automatically.

Therefore you should think about it a hundred times before activating work on the built-in VPS. Please note that you will not get your money back to see if you like it or not, you will have to pay for a month of testing. Based on that, I find a simple third party VPS much more useful, where you can set up a standard terminal and not one, with any number of accounts and switch between them, and work the way you used to work on your home computer without paying anything else. Realize that when you buy VPS from MT5, you are paying for the hassle of only one account. If you want to connect a second account, be kind enough to pay for a second VPS. And remember, any change in the number of working pairs in the account, and the number of working Expert Advisors will automatically close all market positions.

And that always hurts a lot. Of course, I may assume that my mental capacity is limited and I simply could not understand the rules of the embedded VPS, but it is very strange offering a service that you have to understand on your own. They offer videos that show how easy it is to drop money to pay for embedded VPS, how easy it is to migrate working installations. That's where the explanation ends. Even the discussion about using this built-in service is only here. I couldn't figure out why? Either I belong to that limited number of people who decided to use this service, or it's a complete bummer not worth using.

And I don't get it. If I am wrong in my reasoning and my sad experience from my limited mental capacity, then give me a link where you can read about possibilities of normal use of the embedded service, if such a description exists. If there is no such description, then I hope this post will help newbies not to waste their already limited life savings. You can be convinced of my words in 24 hours provided for free. I, in my stupidity, failed to do so, so I warn others.

I apologize, it's really the EA written for me that worked that way when MT5 was reopened. the developer has corrected it. The only thing that seems inconvenient is that you can not quickly intervene, if there are any onscreen buttons that your EA should respond to, you can not use them.

Reason: