VPS from MetaQuotes - page 7

Vladislav Andruschenko:

read all the logs.

No messages from the local computer.

Check with the broker the IP from which the orders were sent.

Good afternoon, I realise I'm a newbie in these matters and don't really understand the jargon in this thread, but could you advise again, is it possible to switch off the terminal on the home computer after everything has been migrated to the vps server from Metacvots?

thanks more!

Nikita Romashko:

Good afternoon, I realise I'm a newbie in these matters and don't really understand the jargon in this thread, but could you advise again, is it possible to switch off the terminal on the home computer after everything has been migrated to the vps server from Metacvots?

Thanks a lot!

You can turn it off, you can turn it on a hundred times, but the GREAT thing is, after you've migrated to shared hosting, DO NOT try to turn signal subscription back on on your local PC!

Vladimir Karputov:

You can turn it off or turn it on a hundred times, but the GREAT thing is: after migrating to shared hosting do NOT try to turn signal subscription back on on the LOCAL PC!

spasibo )

Do I get it right that after migration of the terminal with a robot I can switch my terminal off, then switch it on (the main thing is not to switch autotrading), etc., that is, synchronization is done only when I do it myself? Can I remove the robot from my computer completely after migration?

stimpy:
Do I get it right that after migration of terminal with robot, I can switch my terminal off, then switch it on (the main thing is not to switch autotrading), etc., that is, synchronization is done only when I do it myself?

VPS is a copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
It (Metatrader) is "clean" there first, and then you migrate it: you send it open charts (only open charts are migrated) with or without attached EAs (you can also subscribe to a signal to migrate). You can not enable autotrading in your Metatrader for VPS migration - it is enabled in VPS by default.
If you have changed the settings of Expert Advisor (or added or deleted chart) - synchronize it (change of settings) with VPS (with your copy of Metatrader there).

The Expert Advisor can then be removed from the home Metatrader chart - so it would not, God forbid, duplicate positions (you have it trading on VPS, and if it also trades on your home computer - it will be twice).

There are some limitations:

• for MT5 - you need 64-bit terminal (for MT4 - as usual, i.e. like everyone else - 32-bit),
  • if advisor uses dll - it will not work with VPS.

VPS (server) can be changed to another (for better ping) on the same trading account, or "move"/move VPS to another your trading account (for example, if there is a subscription to the signal, or for other purposes). You can do this from your profile (and no more than once a week).

-------

PS. And to look (working, not working, what works, why not working, etc.) - you can in logs
https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/virtual_hosting/virtual_hosting_terminal#log

Who knows how to know with what parameters the Expert Advisor was copied to the VPS server (because I periodically change settings of the Expert Advisor, but do not see that they have been updated on the VPS)? and the second question Expert Advisor is trading on the minute chart, so I first configured it on the PC on the minute chart, pressed synchronization, all copied successfully, now I can safely use this tool and change timeframes ?

Evgeniy Morozov:
Who knows, how to know with what parameters EA was copied to VPS server (because I periodically change settings of EA, but I do not see that they were updated on VPS)? and second question EA is trading on a minute chart, so I first set it on a PC on a minute chart, pressed sync, everything was copied successfully, now I can safely use this tool and change timeframes ?

You can watch the logs from the UPU, by the way.

Evgeniy Morozov:
Who knows how to know with what parameters the Expert Advisor was copied to a VPS server
  • Requesta log of the operation of the platform and virtual platform advisers

Evgeniy Morozov:
respectively I first configured it on my PC on a minute chart, pressed sync, everything copied successfully, now I can safely use this tool and change timeframes ?

It is recommended to do the following

save the current profile before synchronization

perform synchronization (after synchronization, auto-trading on the local terminal will be deactivated)

switch to another profile

Работа с виртуальной платформой - Виртуальный хостинг для круглосуточной работы - MetaTrader 5
Работа с виртуальной платформой - Виртуальный хостинг для круглосуточной работы - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Контроль состояния арендованного виртуального сервера легко осуществляется также из платформы. Используя контекстное меню сервера в окне "Навигатор", можно: Подробности # Чтобы посмотреть информацию о виртуальном сервере, вызовите команду " Подробности" в его контекстном меню. Информация представлена на нескольких вкладках. Подробности...

Evgeniy Morozov:
Who knows how to find out what parameters were copied to the VPS server (because I periodically change EA settings, but can not see that they have been updated on the VPS)? and the second question Expert Advisor is trading on the minute chart, so I first configured it on a PC on the minute chart, clicked sync, all copied successfully, now I can safely use this tool and change timeframes?

Parameters can be viewed in the logs (to look at the time to see what parameters were previously uploaded to the VPS). The main thing is the moment of synchronization when the parameters are fixed, the working time, after that you can change without any problems.

Reason: