Features of the mql4 language, subtleties and techniques - page 13

Artyom Trishkin:

It's about sorting. Back then, if they weren't sorted by time, you couldn't find the last one by index - it was the last of the sorted ones.

And now the depth of history doesn't depend on the tab selected? In my opinion, it still does.

So I said about sorting, confirmed that there was such a dependence.

And I added about depth. It depends and it always has, that's what I said.

of historical orders, if you put "Today", OrdersHistoryTotal() will return the number of closed orders that closed today. If the "History" tab doesn't show any old order, it's not even available by ticket.

Only in all these years I haven't needed to and I haven't read about it anywhere. Recently needed to read a ticket order from history, but can't see it... Started experimenting, got this nuisance: the order is there, but it's not available because it's hidden in the history tab.

Alexey Viktorov:

Igor, if the eyes don't move in the eye sockets and you have to turn your head, you can write it that way:

The eyeball is mobile. Thank you for paying attention to my health ))

But these movements also take time. And we're talking not only about physical movement but the time it takes to comprehend three strings connected into one. When coding, you need to keep it as simple as possible, without "complex subordinate sentences".

Ihor Herasko:

The eyeball is mobile. Thank you for paying attention to my health ))

But these movements also take time. And we are talking not only about physical movement, but the time it takes to comprehend three strings connected into one. When coding, you need to keep it as simple as possible, without "complex subordinate sentences".

1. There's not even a hint of a specific person in my sentence.

2. Write as you like. Just please don't impose this approach to programming on anyone based on such arguments as turning your head and/or the amount of time spent on comprehension.

Off-topic: You were lost here and in search of you, contacted me in person with a request to tweak something there. Not knowing how to say no, I haven't replied for two days now. Are you all right?

Alexey Viktorov:

2. Write as you like. Just please don't impose this approach to programming on anyone based on such arguments as turning heads and/or the amount of time spent on comprehension.

Where did I impose my opinion? I simply stated my opinion and provided arguments in its favor. All I hear in response is the standard "there is no difference in taste or colour". And since it has come to proverbs, there are no arguments.

If people like to do something against practicality, it is their personal problem. I can point that out, but I won't stand next to a stick and slap their hands if they do it impractically. It's a disadvantage to me in principle, as in society one person is a competitor to another person. The one who has more productivity wins. So why force others to increase their productivity?

Off-topic: You were lost and on the lookout for you, you contacted me in person with a request to tweak something there. Not knowing how to say no, I haven't replied for two days now. Are you all right?

I don't know who lost me or where, but I'm simply on holiday at the moment. Just logged in for a few minutes to answer some questions. I'm on my way out.

fxsaber:

I am free to write in pure MQL5 and SB. But I don't do it, first of all, because it's inconvenient, cumbersome and ugly.

Can you duplicate (functionally) your 2009 ReverseSystemBEST program in MQL5 or create something similar to it?

Again a lot of flubber instead of features.

Indicators in the MT4 client terminal work in the interface flow. Accordingly, care should be taken when using a high-frequency timer in indicators;

In MT5 it works, but in MT4 it does not
struct A
{
private:
  int i;
};

A a;
A b = a; // '=' - not allowed for objects with protected members or inheritance

But if you replace ME fours with ME fives and compile, it will work in MT4 too!

Comments not related to this topic have been moved to "Any questions from newbies on MQL4, help and discussion on algorithms and codes".

Comments not related to this topic have been moved to "Any questions from newbies on MQL4, help and discussion on algorithms and codes".
Reason: