Features of the mql4 language, subtleties and techniques - page 17

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Features of mql5 language, tips and tricks

fxsaber, 2019.02.20 07:26

Prices are not normalised in all Tester modes!

To put it mildly, this is a bug in the Tester.

Whether this also applies to Birt-mode, I don't know.

Apologies if this is off-topic (can't say I follow language development), could you explain exactly what this line does?

#property strict

Let me explain.

There's a script that compares two (identical in MT) prices.

#property strict

void OnStart()
{
   const int Total = OrdersHistoryTotal();
   int Prices1, Prices2;

double open_price, close_price;
   OrderSelect("37027330", SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_HISTORY);
   open_price = OrderOpenPrice();
   close_price = OrderClosePrice();

Print(open_price);
   Print(close_price);
   Print(open_price-close_price);

return;
}

In MT the prices are equal, but the difference is not equal to zero (as written above).

If this line(#property strict) is removed, the difference is zero.

Why?

Dmitry Rannev :

Apologies if this is off-topic (can't say I follow language development), could you explain exactly what this line does?

Let me explain.

In MT the prices are equal, but the difference is not equal to zero (as written above).

If this line ( #property strict) is removed, the difference is zero.

Why?

"#property strict" is only useful with mql4. With mql5 it is useless, as "strict" mode is always true.

Alain Verleyen:
"#property strict" is only useful with mql4. With mql5 it is useless because "strict" is always true.

This is the MT4 we are talking about. There has been a discussion above about the normalisation problem. We are trying to understand why some prices in MT4 are equal and when compared are not. This is a continuation of.

Dmitry Rannev:

That's what MT4 is all about. There has been a discussion above about the normalisation problem. We are trying to understand why some prices in MT4 are equal and when compared are not. This is a continuation.

Dimitri, this topic is worn to the ground. Forgive me if I reveal a secret, but you have people like Kirill aka Programmer, Sergei ... I won't say the last name, "it's too famous to give it away" © They know it all...

Dmitry Rannev:

Let me explain.

If this line(#property strict) is removed, the difference is zero.

Why?

void OnStart()
{
  double Price1 = DBL_EPSILON;
  double Price2 = 0;

Print(Price1 - Price2);          // 0 - грубо показывает.
  Print((Price1 - Price2) * 1 e15); // не ноль
}

The strict has no effect on the equality. Only on Print - either roughly or more accurately shows the number.

Dmitry Rannev:

In MT the prices are equal, but the difference is not zero (as written above).

If this line(#property strict) is removed, then the difference is zero.

Numbers of double type cannot be checked for equality (including zero), we need to compare their difference to the minimum value(DBL_EPSILON, FLT_EPSILON, Point)

Ilya Malev:

Numbers of type double cannot be checked for equality (including zero), you must compare their difference to the minimum value(DBL_EPSILON, FLT_EPSILON, Point)

That's not what we're talking about.

fxsaber:

It's about something else.

I tried to imagine what caused the question and came to the conclusion that there might have been some errors in the algorithm, not just a question about Print.

Ilya Malev:

I tried to imagine what caused the issue and came to the conclusion that there might have been some errors in the algorithm and not just a question about Print.

The problem was described by fxsaber above. We are trying to find the cause.

Reason: