Damned Martin - page 36

Hi Afftor! I have implemented a similar idea in my Expert Advisor Caiman. I use two indices for a more accurate market entry PriceChannel_stop and iTrend. If the trend reverses then unprofitable order is moved to breakeven by martin.
The test is on real accounts with independent traders. There are reports in my profile. Optimal trading is done with 1:500 leverage, eurusd, 0.01 lot volume.
I'm still searching for other optimal settings.

Leonid Kichigin:
Hello, afftor! I have implemented a similar idea in Caiman EA. I use two indices for more accurate market entry PriceChannel_stop and iTrend. If the trend reverses then unprofitable order is moved to breakeven by martin.
The test is in real accounts with independent traders. There are reports in my profile. Optimal trading is done with 1:500 leverage, eurusd, 0.01 lot volume.
I'm still searching for other optimal settings.

Can you show me the losing section? I want to know what is the losing pattern for it.

Ivan Butko:

Can you show me the drainage area? I wonder what pattern is unprofitable for it.

It's a losing pattern when there is no pullback at 2000 pips, but eurusd is a very volatile pair, that's what I use. I should not be greedy, there are a lot of profitable settings for it. I am trying to find the maximum profit (from 30% per month) until I succeed.

Leonid Kichigin:
It is a flat position when there is no rollback at 2000 points, but eurusd is a very volatile pair and I use it. If not to be greedy, there are a lot of profitable settings for it. I try to find the maximum of profit (from 30% a month) but it has not succeeded yet.

Have you tried filtering inputs with an open fan of averages on several TFs? Or other indices/methods to open in the trend more often, so that correctional waves are not a flush?

Either trade in narrowing bollinger (flat) on several TFs

Ivan Butko:

Have you tried filtering inputs with an open fan of averages on several TFs? Or other indices/methods to open in the trend more often, so that corrective waves are not plummeting?

Or trade in a narrowing bollinger (flat) on several TFs
The programmers need to write another requirement. And they are asking for money :)

Leonid Kichigin:
It's the programmers who need to write another terms of reference. And they're asking for money :)

I agree, problem)

Leonid Kichigin:
I don't understand... I´ve got a losing streak of 2000 pips without rollback, but eurusd is a very volatile pair, that´s what I use. If you do not get greedy, there are a lot of profitable settings for it. I'm trying to find the maximum profit (from 30% per month), I have no luck yet.

Holy shit... 2 thousand pips without a pullback - this is not a "sinking", but a "Klondike" lot!!.. Even if you entered against it, it is enough to turn over, to compensate for the loss, and to earn something. And if you entered correctly, it's a good profit...

People, how do you trade, I don't understand...

You earn on margins. Trends - turns out to be "plum"...

George Merts:

Holy shit... 2 thousand pips without a pullback - this is not a "sinking", but a "Klondike" lot!!.. Even if you entered against it, it is enough to turn over, and to compensate for the loss, and to earn something. And if you entered correctly, it's a good profit...

How do you people trade, I don't understand...

You make money on martinets. Trends turn out to be "losing"...

You do not just enter a trend but you have to know how to hold a position, and very few people can do that. I, for example, am not given to it, it all seems to be about to reverse.)

George Merts:

Holy shit... 2 thousand pips without a pullback - this is not a "sinking", but a "Klondike" lot!!.. Even if you entered against it, it is enough to turn over, to compensate for the loss, and to earn something. And if you entered correctly, it's a good profit...

I don't understand how you people trade...

You make money on margins... Trends turn out to be "sinking"...

If the martin is averaging, the trend section for it is plum, if the martin is reversing, then this section is profitable. It is better when both types are in one bottle, but even in this case it is very difficult to achieve stable work.

khorosh:
If a martin...

So I'm surprised - people are trying to make money with martin... Although the whole theory of martin has long been known and perfectly calculated.

What is an "averaging martin" - I don't understand. It's not a martin. It's some kind of cunning MM, in which there's nothing left of a martin.

As for the no-load move, Vitaly rightly says that one should know how to hold the position in such a long move, which is not easy.
Reason: