Crazy cache of testing agents - page 5

Speaking of the cache, what is there - an uncompressed story? If so, it would make sense to use a shared cache in this part when optimising.

How many runs to do?) On which expert and what period?)

-Aleks-:

Speaking of the cache, what is there - an uncompressed story? If so, it would make sense to use a common cache in this part when optimising.

The cache with so many agents takes a lot of space, and as a consequence, processor cores wait most of the time for data from a slow disk. As a result, processor and memory are not used to their maximum potential.

alrane:
How many runs do you want to do?) On which Expert Advisor and for which period?)

As far as I understand it doesn't matter - the most important thing is time - let's say, to spend a minute in the cloud, and then see how much time it takes to optimize it on the local machine.

alrane:
The cache with so many agents takes up so much space that the processor cores spend most of their time waiting for data from a slow disk. As a result, the processor and memory are not used to their maximum capacity.

You told me that - I just wonder what's being cached there, except for the history.

Moving average on EURUSD M1 - period 1 year 512 runs:

On my machine (32 cores) - 40 sec

Cloud - 20 sec (don't mind the time, when using the cloud the speed grows exponentially from time of use as more and more agents connect)

costs - 6 cents. Is it a lot or a little to be decided by you.

Is it enough?)

alrane:
Moving average on EURUSD M1 - period 1 year 512 runs:

On my machine (32 cores) - 40 sec

Cloud - 20 sec (don't pay attention to time, when using the cloud the speed increases exponentially from time of use as more and more agents connect)

costs - 6 cents. Is it a lot or a little to be decided by you.

Is it enough?)

Thanks for the information - the time to test the cloud is small - it takes time to start - the same cache to create. You forgot to specify the processor.

However, we believe that payment depends not on time but on resources allocated - new data gives astronomical figures 6/40*60*24*365/100=47304 c.u. equivalent of cloud cost per year of your PC - comments from Renat are required.

Renat Fatkhullin:

About gigabytes.

When people were clamouring for ticks and thought they were a strategist, we refused to introduce them for a long time because they really took up gigabytes (think of a lot of characters, not just one). We warned that it required resources on the trader side.

When the time came, hardware was up and channels became wider, we turned on ticks.

That's funny. There are many old timers who remember the tick epic very well. So why cheat? Your reluctance to introduce tics was based solely on your personal conviction that tics are evil. And all dissenters were mercilessly banned. And gigabytes and other technical aspects have nothing to do with it. Was a gigabyte something unusual 5-7 years ago?

Time has put everything in its place. But your inability to admit your mistakes and the very possibility to be wrong is not good for progress. First, for years we horn in, not listening to anyone but ourselves, and then, when the natural course of events finally forces a change of heart, it is all served under the guise of your own genius and wisdom. This is true not only of tics, but of many other things as well.

Even now, without even trying to grasp the problem described, "genius" solutions are being spouted off at once:

Put more RAM, put large ssd, put ram disks and everything will be accelerated.

No one cares about our costs, we have come to "fight a war" )

The technical solution and the level of optimization of agents is amazing.

Well, we will wait for announcement of the next build update where it will be announced that "amazing" agents will be accelerated in several times )

Alexey Navoykov:

That's funny. There are still a lot of old-timers around here who remember the tics episode. So why lie? Your reluctance to introduce tics was based solely on your personal conviction that tics are evil. And all dissenters were mercilessly banned. And gigabytes and other technical aspects have nothing to do with it. Was a gigabyte something unusual 5-7 years ago?

Time has put everything in its place. But your inability to admit your mistakes and the very possibility to be wrong is not good for progress. First, for years we horn in, not listening to anyone but ourselves, and then, when the natural course of events finally forces a change of heart, it is all served under the guise of your own genius and wisdom. This is true not only of tics, but of many other things as well.

Even now, without even trying to grasp the problem described, "genius" solutions are being spouted off at once:

Nobody cares about our expenses - we are here for the war.)

Well, let's wait for the announcement of the next build update, which will be announced a multiple acceleration of "amazing" agents).

You think you're a stratagem.

And we do and are responsible for our decisions. The time came and we did. You had to really wait a few years for that to happen.

The example above is how a person (and you too) does not understand either the volume or the complexity of the task. Also, few are able to appreciate the willingness of the mass traders and the brokers themselves. What was shouted back then "I'm downloading movies, what are you telling me about gigabytes!", what is it now.

Those living in Russia/Moscow do not really know the state of the internet in the world. Nor do they know where more than 50% of the traders really are.

It's Asia, where just today at a trade show in Hong Kong, brokers are complaining that their clients can't download 20 mb of charts. That traders are forced to sit with pings of 500ms or more on horrible GPRS/EDGE/3G.

That is, even now in Asia it is very difficult to distribute a thick stream of data to users. You don't know all this and don't want to know. Just as you have not responded to our explanations before, you will not.

Renat Fatkhullin, above I made a pre-calculation of Cloud vs PC - on the money, can you clarify - is the calculation correct?

-Aleks-:

Renat Fatkhullin, above I made a pre-calculation of Cloud vs PC - on the money, can you clarify - is the calculation correct?

No, of course not.
Reason: