[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 369

Chiripaha:
When you were preparing your file (code), most likely, you must have left out some extra (in the literal sense of the word) detail. : )))

No, I threw out only what makes the Expert Advisor profitable. :))

The rest, however, does not change the way the advisor works one bit.

And I optimise the full version of it...

But this miscarriage of testing time is not clear to me... why you can't do it for a week, but you can do it for 2 months...

The interesting thing is that the optimizer report saves ALL parameters to the file, except for the most important one - the optimization parameters themselves.

As a result, let's say I see the best result in the report file, but I don't see what parameters it corresponds to.

am i the only one who has this problem, or everyone?

solnce600:

And I thought until recently that there was only one person who wrote the textbook - Sergey Kovalev

Is he really in our branch! ?

I do not know - I will not lie. But when I asked him a question by post, he advised me to ask him further questions in this particular thread. From that I drew the above conclusion.

Chiripaha:
I do not know - I will not lie. But when I asked him a question by post, he advised me to ask him further questions in this particular thread. From that I drew the above conclusion.

Just curious - has he ever written in this thread? After all, there are all kinds of professionals too.Probably professionals come here..... and he's a SUPER-PROFESSIONAL!

Do you remember where in the textbook the topic of interest to me is touched upon?

lottamer:

No, I only threw out what makes the EA profitable. :))

The rest does not change the way the EA works one bit.

And I optimise the full version of it...

But this miscarriage with testing time is not clear to me... why you can't do it for a week, but you can do it for 2 months...

I'm telling you, Oleg, it's hard to help you... : ))) Because you've withheld half of the parts for yourself a little. : )))) - That's ok, it'll be a lesson for me. : )) I got a little too sentimental.

solnce600:

Just curious - has he ever written in this thread? After all, there are all kinds of professionals too.Probably professionals come here..... and he's a SUPERPROFESSIONAL!

Do you remember where in the textbook the topic of interest to me is touched upon?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... Okay,guys. That's it! Waste of sentimentality over. : )))))) This is already starting to cross the line (how shall I put it delicately so as not to offend) of what is permissible - let's put it this way.

One asks for help - and does not give enough information. The result is wasted effort.

The other is too lazy to browse through the textbook.

: ))) Because I'm wondering where all the pros ran off to! ))))) No wonder, after all those requests.

Chiripaha:
That's what I'm saying, Oleg, it's hard to help you... : ))) Since you've hidden half of the parts a bit for yourself after all. : )))) - Never mind, it'll be a lesson for me. : )) I got a little too sentimental.

Thank you for your help. I really only threw out what I did NOT need to solve THIS problem.

and in what was left - the problem read clearly. So why clutter up your brain with long code? I think those who help us only have time for the most important thing...

No one will dig a thousand lines of code ... and some newbie :))

lottamer:

Thank you for your help. I really only threw out what is NOT needed to solve THIS problem.

and in what was left - the problem read clearly. So why clutter up your brain with long code? I think those who help us only have time for the most important thing...

No one will dig through a thousand lines of code...and no one is a beginner :))

OK. It's OK. I accept the words of gratitude. The rest is my problem. I made those tolerances.

The important thing is if it helped!

Chiripaha:

Ha ha ha ha ha.... All right, guys. That's it - basta! The waste of sentimentality is over. : )))))) This is already starting to cross the line (how shall I put it delicately so as not to offend) of what is permissible - let's put it this way.

One asks for help - and does not give enough information. The result is wasted effort.

The other is too lazy to go through a textbook.

: ))) I was wondering where all the pros ran off to. ))))) no wonder after such requests.

I'm not lazy..... I just don't like to make unnecessary gestures.

I like to have everything as in a compiled MQL program.

I asked you ..... maybe you accidentally left in your brain the place where it was written?

I wouldn't dream of you going through a textbook for me, looking for the place I need....

Without that, I am eternally grateful to you for the valuable information you graciously shared with me.

As a token of my gratitude, let me send you the link to the film about good people http://kinofilms.tv/film/timur-i-ego-komanda/8809

If I had as much information in my head as you do, I would share it with those in need.

Chiripaha:
And quite interesting is this string, the meaning of which I don't understand at all:

because if you add for example "EURUSD" to "USDJPY" but for the 6th letter, you get zero - then why add it at all? Hmmm...

Regarding this line:

MarketInfo("USDJPY" + StringSubstr(Symb, 6), MODE_BID);

Recently, DTs often add different prefixes to the symbol name (EURUSDm - for example) - they must be taken into account when referring to the market environment of the symbol.

P.S. ...And for the standard "EURUSD" StringSubstr ("EURUSD", 6) will be not zero but "".

Reason: