Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 960

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Something is shrinking hard on the drive :D

I used to download quotes... terminal folder in AppData weighed about 5 gb. There was more than 150gb free on the disk. Now I looked it up - 100gb. What's going on?

Stopped the test... looked it up - 60gb folder. I must have done something wrong...

Found it. The logs folder in the tester folder got bigger. This is what came up:

I was getting a lot of Print output there. Is it because of this I guess, or is it different?

This is most likely the reason.

In MT4, how can I know if a keyboard key (not a function key, but an ordinary key, e.g. the key with the letter "A") is "held"?

It is held, not just pressed.

What could this error mean? When I press "Start", I understand that the tester prepares the quotes at the beginning. During this time, it keeps popping up like this:

Yevhenii Levchenko:
What could this error mean? When I press "Start", I understand that the tester prepares quotes at the beginning. During this time, it keeps popping up:

Load quotes F2

Artyom Trishkin:

Download F2 quotes

I doubt that it will help, most likely the history from the broker is crooked, this is normal, all the same in all ticks mode will emulate ticks - in most strategies this is not critical, when testing on the real, usually other problems and not in the quality of tick testing ;)

SZZY: I once wrote an instruction how to make a 100% history for tests, they said it was complicated - so I deleted it, the idea is to have a separate terminal for testing, after F2 you delete all the history except for M1, then through the period converter you generate all the TF from M1, but don't forget to logout the terminal after F2 - otherwise all the work goes down the drain...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a multi-platform solution (MT4 / MT5) for testing of margin requirements? I am using the code from the articlehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2555#not_enough_money

I would like to see another solution, thanks in advance!

Artyom Trishkin:

Download F2 quotes

Quotes downloaded from server all history...

Igor Makanu:

I doubt it will help, most likely the history from the broker is crooked, this is normal, anyway in all ticks mode will emulate ticks - in most strategies this is not critical, when testing on the real usually has other problems and not as a ticks test ;)

How to say... Sometimes there is a signal, but the robot doesn't enter for some reason... And sometimes the stops don't catch the shadows...

Yevhenii Levchenko:

How can I put it... Sometimes there is a signal, but the robot doesn't enter for some reason... And stops sometimes don't catch shadows...

it's not from testing on ticks that MT4 tester simulated, but from the quality of execution of trade orders on the broker's side

that's why there's no way to tell! - that's what I'm talking about

Yevhenii Levchenko:

I downloaded the quotes from the server the whole story...

generate a period converter in the new terminal history and test it with 99% of the test quality - prepare the terminal for 10 minutes testing

Igor Makanu:

it's not from testing on ticks that the MT4 tester has simulated, but from the quality of execution of trade orders on the broker's side

Nah, that's the situation in testing... I haven't even checked it on the broker's account yet. Here's one like this:

A sell signal when the red crosses the 75.0 level from top to bottom. The text labels show whether buying or selling is allowed (this, in turn, is determined by the upper tf). Selling is allowed and there is a condition to sell. But it does not sell)

Yevhenii Levchenko:

But it's not selling)

so? do i have to say that the screen is beautiful? )))

i write such Expert Advisors like this:

enum ENUM_CMD{CMD_NO,CMD_BUY,CMD_SELL};

void OnTick()
  {
   ENUM_CMD CMD1,CMD2;
   CMD1 = ind1();
   CMD2 = ind2();
if(NewBar())
     {
      if(CMD1==CMD_BUY && CMD2==CMD_BUY)
  }

//1.Рабочий таймфрейм Фильтр EMA с периодом 13.
//Если свеча закрылась выше ЕМА считаем тренд растущим и работаем только на покупку. 
//Если свеча закрылась ниже ЕМА считаем тренд понижающимся и работаем только на продажу.
//2. Фильтр MACD с стандартными настройками 12,26,9.
//Если бар гистограммы индикатора за закрытии свечи выше предыдущего бара работаем на покупку.
//Если бар гистограммы индикатора за закрытии свечи ниже предыдущего бара работаем на продажу.
ENUM_CMD ind1()
  {
   double  ind=iMA(symbol,PeriodMain,indEMAPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);
   if(Close[1]>ind) return(CMD_BUY);
   if(Close[1]<ind) return(CMD_SELL);
   return(CMD_NO);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
ENUM_CMD ind2()
  {
   double  ind1=iMACD(symbol,PeriodMain,indMACDfast_ema_period,indMACDslow_ema_period,indMACDsignal_period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,1);
   double  ind2=iMACD(symbol,PeriodMain,indMACDfast_ema_period,indMACDslow_ema_period,indMACDsignal_period,PRICE_CLOSE,0,2);
   if(ind1>ind2) return(CMD_BUY);
   if(ind1<ind2) return(CMD_SELL);
   return(CMD_NO);
  }

Here is the entire logic of work with indicators: we wait for a new bar and decide what will open, close, average - not a matter of principle, the main thing is to separate the logic of TC and separate work with indicators and their buffers

crossing of indicator lines (or МА - which is the same thing) on every forum, and here it has been discussed a hundred times, crossover from top to bottom: line 1 on bar #2 is higher than line 2, and on bar #1, line 1 will be lower than line 2.... - change the word line tothe indicator buffer and write the code, generally search the forum and QB for how to write an expert on the indicator, there is a lot of material - you just need to read

Igor Makanu:

So? Do I have to say that the screen is beautiful? )))

i write such Expert Advisors like this:

Here is the entire logic of work with indicators: we wait for a new bar and decide what will open, close, average - not a matter of principle, the main thing is to separate the logic of TC separately from the work with indicators and their buffers

crossing of indicator lines (or МА - which is the same thing) on every forum, and here it has been discussed a hundred times, crossover from top to bottom: line 1 on bar #2 is higher than line 2, and on bar #1, line 1 will be lower than line 2.... - change the word line to the indicator buffer and write the code, generally search the forum and QB for how to write an expert on the indicator, there is a lot of material - you just need to read

What do I have to say: does this happen and is it also due to some kind of quoting error or did I write something wrong?

Reason: