Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 909

Igor Makanu:

you can't, search the forum for "data sharing"... there will be many questions, few answers and ... this task is not solved "in 2 clicks"

Thank you.

Is it possible to see the code after the preprocessor? I don't understand what it's generating.

secret:
Is it possible to see code after the preprocessor? I don't understand what it generates there.

MetaEditor does not have such a function, if we are talking about macrosubstitutions, you can either hand-paste or google, maybe a Notepad++ can do it - I think there is something ready-made on the net

Igor Makanu:

MetaEditor does not have such a function, if we are talking about macrosubstitutions, you can either hand-paste or google, maybe a Notepad++ can do it - I think there is something ready-made on the net

The point is, handwritten input is no good. I'd like to see what the mql preprocessor produces, not my own ideas.

And to avoid double counting: why help in MetaEditor 5 /portable is not loading? I press F1, nothing happens.

secret:

That's the point: it's no good to use your hands, I would like to see what the mql preprocessor is generating, rather than my own assumptions.

And not to get up twice: why help in MetaEditor 5 /portable is not loading? I press F1, nothing happens.

Googled it or you can do it in VS - stop after preprocessor or CPIP for Pythonhttps://pypi.org/project/cpip/

it works, i have mt5 on my laptop with portable directive on the drive D - help works - sometimes after the terminal updates first help call is slow, but i understand that sometimes help is downloaded from the internet and then unfolds on the first start - i.e. you just have to wait - that was my experience

Artyom Trishkin:

In this thread I want to begin to help those who really want to understand and learn programming in the new MQL4 and want to easily switch to MQL5 - the languages are very similar.

This blog will be a good place to discuss problems, algorithms of their solution and any other questions concerning MT programming one way or another.

I hope that other experienced members of our forum will join us and this thread will be interesting to all.

Hello, I want to understand and learn how to program in MQL4. I've read "the manual" several times, watched almost all MQL4 programming videos, visited almost all MQL4 forums... The result is 0. Is there any hope for help here?

Mezon.3:

I want to understand and learn how to program in MQL4. I've read "the manual" several times, watched almost all MQL4 programming videos, visited almost all MQL4 forums... The result is 0. If you have any hope that the programmer can help me here?
Hello. Well... hope dies last ;)
Try it out, ask questions. Our people are sharp-tongued, but they will always tell you where and what you don't understand.

Do you guys have a function for mql4 that allows you to update the quotes archive? If you drop the robot on a chart, and some quotes are not all loaded on the chart or have been deleted, is it possible to update it with the help of some functions?

I want to make an indicator in Five which would track three TFs and, in case of a signal, launch an alert where to look, because it is impossible to keep track of it myself.

Is it possible to do this in one window, does MT download the history on the currently inactive TF?

Artyom Trishkin:
Hello. Well... hope springs eternal;)
Try it out, ask questions. Our people are sharp-tongued, but they will always tell you where and what you don't understand.

It takes a long time to die, seven or eight years... If learning a language depended on the sharpness of the language, I would have written my OS a long time ago.

Reason: