Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 123

Hi all!

I don't know if this is possible and where to write.

Is it possible to change the colour scheme of MT4 on a software level or with the help of a utility ? I.e. the colours of not only the chart but all the windows? If so, how would you do it?

Alfred

AlfredKoh:

Hi all!

I don't know if this is possible and where to write.

Is it possible to change the colour scheme of MT4 on a software level or with the help of a utility ? I.e. the colours of not only the chart but all the windows? If so, how would you do it?

Alfred

All you can change in the colour of your terminal, you can change it programmatically. But no more.

Good afternoon to all. For me, the questions of writing indicators, EAs, etc. are very "dark forest". Please advise me in what direction to "dig". My task is very simple. Every day I calculate one or two levels in excel. I make a forecast that the price will reach them. I manually draw them on the chart every day. How can I arrange sending of these levels to my friends in MT? What should it be an indicator, expert advisor script or something else? Sorry again, I am really a complete zero in these matters...Thanks.

MosheDayan:
Good afternoon to all. For me, the questions of writing indicators, EAs, etc. are very "dark forest". Please advise me in what direction to "dig". My task is very simple. Every day I calculate one or two levels in excel. I make a forecast that the price will reach them. I manually draw them on the chart every day. How can I arrange sending of these levels to my friends in MT? What should it be an indicator, expert advisor script or something else? Sorry again, I am really a complete zero in these matters...Thanks.
Transfer all the calculations into an indicator and run it on the chart. It will do everything on its own.

MosheDayan:
Good afternoon to all. For me, the questions of writing indicators, EAs, etc. are very "dark forest". Please, advise me in what direction to "dig". My task is very simple. Every day I calculate one or two levels in excel. I make a forecast that the price will reach them. I manually draw them on the chart every day. How can I arrange sending of these levels to my friends in MT? What should it be an indicator, expert advisor script or something else? Sorry again, I am really a complete zero in these matters...Thanks.
If you want to use it, you have to create a server away from your local computer and send the data to it through that server. For MT, you may need to write an indicator or expert that will process the data or copy the deals from your account to other accounts. Another option is to copy your trades executed on given levels through signals service. In general, you have to consider your financial capabilities to order the appropriate software.

Hello !

I have 2 questions :
1- Is it possible to run the debugging of an EA on historical data in MetaEditor MT4 (I have in MetaEditor MT4 only the option Start on real data is active, the option Start on historical data is not active), or does this only work in MT5 ?
2- What is the best way to synchronize OnTick with the window timeframe so as not to catch the most frequent ticks ? I have now made an input filter by changing the value in Time[0]. It works , but I suspect it could be done in some simpler way, just haven't found how.

Thanks in advance.

Alexey Viktorov:
Transfer all calculations to the indicator and run it on the chart. It will do it all by itself.
Thank you. Is there any close example for my question? I.e., "transfer to the indicator" is not just a hand-drawing, but something more complicated and what do the recipients of this signal need to do besides installing this "indicator"?

Sergey Gritsay:
To do this, you need to create a server outside the local computer and transfer data through this server, respectively, for MT you need to write an indicator or an Expert Advisor that processes this data, or put the terminals on a VPN server and set up a copier of deals from your account to your friends' accounts there. Another option is to copy your trades executed on given levels through signals service. In general, we should consider your financial capabilities to order the appropriate software.
There is no need to copy trades. There is just the level for today and it hasn't been reached yet. And, at any time when it is convenient for your friends, they can see and make decisions to enter the deal or it's already late. They just have to have my price line (level) on the chart. My trades do not always occur at these levels and I am afraid to confuse everyone there with my trades.

MosheDayan:
Thank you. Is there any close example of my question on the branch? I.e. "transfer to indicator" is not just drawing by hand, but something more complicated and what do the recipients of this signal need to do apart from setting this "indicator"?
There are examples, but considering
MosheDayan:
... a very "dark forest"...
would examples help?

If someone who can not do it himself, but can only do it by example or assembled from Lego cubes, will it work correctly?

Then, I did not notice the words about passing levels to friends. I have two variants, one described by Sergey Gritsay, and the second one - just send one copy of the indicator to these friends and everyone will have his own calculations.

ps Well, while I was writing this text, there is already an answer about copying trades.

Alexey Viktorov:
There are examples, but do the examples help?

If someone who does not do it himself, but can only do it by example, or assembled from Lego cubes, will it work correctly?

Then, I did not notice the words about passing levels to friends. And there are two variants, the first one described by Sergey Gritsay, and the second one - just send one instance of the indicator to each of those friends and they will get their own calculations.
I'm afraid of confusing my illiteracy, but I will try to explain my "want". Now I draw levels manually on the chart, save the template and send it via e-mail or Facebook messenger. It's time consuming and inconvenient for them...they draw my levels themselves or set these templates of mine on a daily basis. So I thought it might be possible to make it a little easier.
Reason: